RSRBR (RallyeSim) 2014

Well, besides reinstalling Windows there seems to be only one other choice for me:

- Replace 7z.exe
Download and install 7z archive software.
In the game root replace 7z.exe and 7z.dll with files from Program Files\7z installation.
For Window7 users need to add this 7x.exe to DEP exclusions list again!
Restart Windows.

All other options doesnt really relate to my situation (xp with no antivirus program or security stuff)

Yet I dont understand it, from where should I download that 7z.exe? :p

http://www.7-zip.org/

Choose 32-bit or 64-bit version depending on the XP - must be 32-bit, right? - and install it. And once you've installed it, you find both 7z.exe and 7z.dll in 7-zip's folder. Then you COPY these files to RSRBR2014 folder and prepare to be massively disappointed once again.

(EDIT - AND of course, nothing stops you copying and replacing 7-zip.dll and 7-zip32.dll as well. But I'd be amazed if they made any difference.)

Last edited:
I am not sure anymore if it's possible or not, but: I'd like to only un-install all 2013 content and refrain from touching the base. Is that possible?

I don't think so David.
It's always best to completely remove RSRBR and RBR, then re-install RBR from scratch. Just make a note of all of your Options (esp Controller) Settings first.

You can install a separate copy of RBR on your HD to keep as a "clean" one, if you wish, before or after installing RSRBR2014.

I don't think so David.
It's always best to completely remove RSRBR and RBR, then re-install RBR from scratch. Just make a note of all of your Options (esp Controller) Settings first.

You can install a separate copy of RBR on your HD to keep as a "clean" one, if you wish, before or after installing RSRBR2014.
If I have to reinstall RBR, I save the profile files in the "SavedGames" folder. There's a pfxxx.acm and a pfxxx.rbr file, I think the pfresult file is only for times? But yeah, uninstalling/reinstalling vanilla RBR is probably the easiest part.

What do you do for a second RBR installation? I've tried renaming my rbr folder and there's another "method" involving changing a registry key. But either way never lets me install, always asks if I want to uninstall/repair. Using the Sold Out DVD on xp w/SP3.

What do you do for a second RBR installation? I've tried renaming my rbr folder and there's another "method" involving changing a registry key. But either way never lets me install, always asks if I want to uninstall/repair. Using the Sold Out DVD on xp w/SP3.

You mean you'd like to have multiple net plugins installed simultaneously? Now I've heard rumours that one is able to multiply the installations afterwards, and it sounds like you've heard/read about those methods, but let me tell you for future reference that the easiest method is to think ahead beforehand. ;-) The only thing you need to do is maintain one clean install folder of RBR (with 1.01 and 1.02 included, important!) at all times that you can then copy freely whenever you may need one.

At least RSRBR and RBR-World work well in "secondary" install folders, and you can keep "the official installation" as the clean one. In terms of RSRBR you'd only lose the functionality of their diagnostic tool that you may never need. And RBR-World's faulty installer does add some unwanted files in the very beginning to the official installation but that can be sorted easily.

I for one didn't even bother uninstalling RSRBR2013, just copied the clean RBR installation folder once more, installed 2014 to it, and now I have both of them side by side and both of them work fine. It wouldn't be a bad idea to delete some things from 2013 to save HDD space, but it's more likely that I'll end up re-installing OS before that.

How the rest of plugins work when installed to secondary folders, I don't know. Czech Plugin has been a pain for me in the past, but it has mostly been for other reasons, I believe. And from time to time, I feel the urge to go back and tackle these issues, even if they've made things so bloody arduous. They really missed a trick or two.

Last edited:
What do you do for a second RBR installation? I've tried renaming my rbr folder and there's another "method" involving changing a registry key. But either way never lets me install, always asks if I want to uninstall / repair.

It's a while since I did this, so I'm not totally sure. But try this to get around the "uninstall/repair" issue.

After you have installed the first vanilla RBR (and installed Patch 1.01 and 1.02), copy it to a new location (Folder) and rename that one to something different eg. RBR Clean backup.

Then you should be able to uninstall the first install, which should clean the registry referring to that install. Then you are free to install the second one again (with the registry pointing to this new (2nd ) install.

Hope this works. As @porridge has advised above, it is best to think ahead and set up the backup / clean install first, before adding RSRBR2014 (or any other Mods).

After installing 2014 I had a problem with the Track relaunching itself, the only way to stop it was to exit the game. After another clean install the problem persisted, I found the fix by following the link http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17430 posted by porridge. The File to correct the problem has been downloaded nearly 600 times so I assume it is a common fault with the latest version.
BIG THANKS to porridge for the link:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Does anyone know how to view the combined times (like total time after SS4 for example) for official RSRBR championships? Both the Rally Times and Rally ranking button are greyed out for me.
This is in championship mode, I guess? That is something that will be sorted out on Update 01 from what I've heared.
In the normal public sessions the buttons have worked like they usually do when I've tested :)

After installation I can't get the game to launch at all. I don't even get the loading screen to flash it just does nothing. Just using the regular SSE exe, or through the alone RSRBR they both do the same thing. A .dmp file is created after trying to launch the game.

The game did work before installation of RSRBR.

After installation I can't get the game to launch at all. I don't even get the loading screen to flash it just does nothing. Just using the regular SSE exe, or through the alone RSRBR they both do the same thing. A .dmp file is created after trying to launch the game.

The game did work before installation of RSRBR.

In Vista and 7 (and undoubtedly in 8 as well) you need to run all the exe files in the RSRBR installation folder as an administrator + add all of them as exceptions in DEP settings. NOTE! if you have a 64-bit Windows, DO NOT ADD 7z.exe to the exceptions.

The same applies to any online plugin, not only RSRBR.

After you've done, reboot your computer and test.

How to run programs as an administrator (Windows 7):

Right click on .exe (aka "Application") --> Properties --> Compatibility tab --> Check "Run this program as an administrator" --> Apply.

How to find DEP settings (Windows 7):

Control Panel --> System and Security --> System --> Advanced system settings --> On the Advanced tab go to Performance settings --> Data Execution Prevention tab.

Good luck!

---------------------

On a different note: earlier on this thread I was unsure if Czech plugin actually worked when installed to a secondary folder. Well, it does and it's brilliant.

New update: http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=351&t=17408

• - New track Semetin by Vasek Sourek
    - New track spéciale Karowa by Rally Guru
    - New track Livadija by Vasiliy Popov
    - New track Sardian by Miro Kurek
    - New track Shomaru by Eno72
    - New track Northumbria by Eno72
    - Polo R WRC by Alex Racer (A8W-13)
    - New physics Ford Fiesta A8W-12

• - BugFix for the relaunching of the track in Alone.
    - Fix problem of grip on Liptakov 1.
    - Fix for Subaru WRC 99.
    - Fix for error message concerning internet connection.
    - Fix bug about plugins that some people have.
    - Fix Notes problem
    - Fix 3D Impreza WRC 2000
    - Change for 3D Impreza WRC 1999
After the install of this update you'll must re-download and re-install
  1. These cars packs
    • A8W-13, A8W-00, A8W-99, N4_2

Lots of tracks in this update, and the new Polo model as well (with new physics too). The '12 Fiesta update may just make it as fast as the '11 Fiesta, finally...

Shame there's no Hyundai yet though, I guess that'll be in the next update.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back