[ROUND 2 PAUL RICARD] ABR vs TBR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disadvantaged car: Tiago Orfao
Team: ABR

Reported car: Gregory Degreef
Reported Team: TBR

Description:

Gregory hit Tiago three times to execute his overtake in the final turns, eventually causing him to lose traction and his position.

We believe more patience should be required to execute a passing maneuver and that the TBR driver had the opportunity to tone down his aggressiveness and take an alternative line in the last corner, especially after hitting the ABR car twice in the previous corner.

The incident should be around the 3055s mark in the race replay file (end of lap 25).

Ok, i voted no penalty. I would call it raceincident. I know we are not in WTCC but let me explain (where it would be also not good, at least in simracing :wink:). That this overtake move isn´t correct is not the question to me. I also watched what happen infront. Greg was to this time quite a lot faster due the different tyre situation (Greg stop much later then Tiago) and came out from pit the lap before. What i would blame him is he had not enought patience for the overtake which (the overtake) was unvoidable in my opinion. So what´s the disadvantage for ABR ?

- damage on the car ? I can´t imagine that
- lost much time ? not really i would say
- any effect on the further race for Tiago or involving other cars ? Also no effect to me, not for Tiago´s further race and no effect to other cars.

So it stays only the one lost position to Greg which he had lost anyway due how i said the big speed difference to this time. So finally it´s not enought for me to give a points penalty, i myself had not report that to be honest. But for sure the overtake was not correct in that form and nobody want this.
So it was Greg first incident this season, a warning should be enought. If it happens again bigger punishments could follow. Hope everybody could follow it. Not that i´m on the pillory again next :rolleyes:.

Don't drive like this please...there should be no pushing people of track. Andreas I have not forgotten we saw you drive like this many times before. Greg should know better, he has alot of experience.

My suggestion is if team spokesmen can't vote honestly then we should rule out the involved teams voting.

I'm not going to name names but we have seen this many times...the offending team spokesman vote no penalty to an incident which is obviously worth a penalty of some sort.

Because of that I vote -4 instead of -2

The other report is just as bad...no penalty!! If that vote is from COR then thats another reason why the involved teams should not be included in the voting.

I'm sorry Andreas but thats life...people remember!

The other report is just as bad...no penalty!! If that vote is from COR then thats another reason why the involved teams should not be included in the voting.

Maybe you remember anything but that have nothing to do with this here/ nothing to do with me :-( And sure it´s from COR, and i would say TS of involved teams should vote but with the explenation of their view. Due i influence other TS (you in negative way), my consequence will be to vote next as last team if my team is involved. Can´t understand why my meaning give you the feeling to give a higher penalty ?
Everybody can have their own view how he rates penalties. I had never report this incident, we at TBR was already discussion if we report the one against Corse. Greg wanted disclaim it but due we get this report, about a for me not so bad incident (cause the boundary conditions) i did it finally!

What I cant understand is why Andreas is so mad about their driver being reported. Well Andreas if you think none of that contact made a difference for Tiago's position I'll present you with another argument - RESPECT! And that was what your driver never shown in this overtake. This is a good move in NASCAR but unfortunatly we are driving GT cars and a little more patient/ Respect is needed in my opinion so for me pushing a oponent out of your way just because you are faster or have better tires or yada yada is simply lack of respect and for that I'd give him -6 for the rookie pass!

Guys please, argu aganst someones argument isn't allowed and I belive the same goes for discussions (or was it the other way around). You might be surved with a penalty and I wouldn't like to see that happen.

Anyhow, WBR doesn't look at the past because this would just make the incident not look at grave as it might be. The first two taps can be ignored as they are quite common andn't harming the COR driver but the third tap was more of an NFS style overtaking manouver . There for WBR has to go with a -4.

That No Penalty is NOT from COR ... as you can see my vote there.

For this incident COR vote -4 three times to overtake is not good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back