[ROUND 2 LE MANS] FOR vs TOR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disadvantaged car: Mike Simian
Team: FOR

Reported car: Rickard Hellsten
Reported Team: TOR

Description:

Rickard pushing too hard in bad conditions. Misses his braking point, runs into Mike Simian at speed, causing damage and Mike looses 2 positions.

Quick note, it wasnt wet on the S/F straight, so i tought it still was dry (No spray from the car ahead on my screen, but on the replay it is.....) and i didnt see any rain drops.
If it was dry, i didnt brake too late, but ofc its way to late for wet, and i didnt know it was wet.

End of note ;)

*And it was not enough time to move a side as i was totaly suprised he braked that early.

Well the circuit was never dry for the whole race. After the rain early in the first stint the off path
wetness never went below 50%, so that braking point wasn't really usable in my opinion. I think more care
is needed in such changable conditions, I think at that point we were all on dry tyres on a damp surface
and the rain was coming down, conditions worsening (most pitted for wets at the end of the lap). I find
it hard to see how you thought it was dry.

Sorry +60 from us.

Guys, do not open a discussion thread. As you say it will not change the resuls possibly, so just limit to post your point of view on the matter and a votation, or as much, add an explanation note as you did before Simon it can always help to have a clearer view.

Thanks! :)

well BFR are voting +60 as well after quite some discussion about all three incidents, they all fall under more or less the same category, don't they?
Explanation here: breakpoint missed by misreading either/or track and opponent in front, pretty hard hit to boot.

However, there is one comment from the forum that I would like to share (as food for thought): if we put those hits on the incident list there might not be enough close racing to make watching worthwhile in the future. Close racing in adverse conditions means risking a hit. Just wanted to share it.

We felt that like the GBK vs TBR incident there was plenty room for the chasing car to fly past the car in front instead of rear ending them, yes you are saving yourself a bit of damage by using the car in front as a buffer but these kind of moves need to be cut down a bit so maybe a harsher penalty is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back