Resource icon

Database Reduced Tyre Wear 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
hey man!!!you did a great job but I am not sure of what you really did..I restarted my carrier at 50% and I saw something chanced in the pit-stops because the other cars pitted 2-3 laps earlier than me (in Melbourne) but I actually had a normal wear...so: you improved the wear of the player or the AI pits before??
It's just a qustion don't misunderstand me :laugh:

I also had the Problem with the first Race at Melbourne Season 2 .
At Practice and Qualify the Tire wear was extremly heavy after 6 -7 Laps on Hard Tyres they had only 60 - 65% left .
Before the Race i could not change the Strategy , because its greyed out and set to 0 stops .
The Race ( 100% , Legend ) was really crazy , no one from the KI stops , my soft Tyres dont live longer than 5-6 Laps . The KI slides , crashes and run off the Track all the Time , 2 Laps before the End the last KI Cars alive stopped to take the Hard Tyres .
I must stop 6 or 7 Times but won the Race by 4 or 5 Rounds ......
The rest of the Season it works normal .
Now i reached Season 3 Melbourne and same Problem with Tire wear and Strategy .
I drive on Pole with an 1:22,8 , but no chance to change the Strategy of 0 stops before Race .
Then i tested an Idea wich i had :
I switched from 100% Database to the Original and Start the Game again , and what will i say ? The Strategy works with the Original and was set to 4 Stops , also i could make Changes to it , all seem normal !
After that i startet the Race to see if it works normal and yes it works fine !

KI stops normal , my soft Tyres are good for 10- 12 Laps , the Hard Tyres 18 - 20 Laps .
I make 4 Stops - soft , 2 Times Hard , soft an KI stops also 4 Times , most oft them soft and 3 Times Hard Tyres .

It works !!

You only have to Change the Database to the Original before you start the first Race and all works fine !
I think after the Race you can switch the Database to the modified and have no Problems for the rest of the Season but i not testest it yet ...

PS: Excuse my bad English , faults Build in to make you smiling ;)

Last edited:
Hi i have some problem: After the second race under rain in season 1, my tyres wear become normal again and i can't get the tyres wear low..

i play in 25%.

I also had the Problem with the first Race at Melbourne Season 2 .
At Practice and Qualify the Tire wear was extremly heavy after 6 -7 Laps on Hard Tyres they had only 60 - 65% left .
Before the Race i could not change the Strategy , because its greyed out and set to 0 stops .
The Race ( 100% , Legend ) was really crazy , no one from the KI stops , my soft Tyres dont live longer than 5-6 Laps . The KI slides , crashes and run off the Track all the Time , 2 Laps before the End the last KI Cars alive stopped to take the Hard Tyres .
I must stop 6 or 7 Times but won the Race by 4 or 5 Rounds ......
The rest of the Season it works normal .
Now i reached Season 3 Melbourne and same Problem with Tire wear and Strategy .
I drive on Pole with an 1:22,8 , but no chance to change the Strategy of 0 stops before Race .
Then i tested an Idea wich i had :
I switched from 100% Database to the Original and Start the Game again , and what will i say ? The Strategy works with the Original and was set to 4 Stops , also i could make Changes to it , all seem normal !
After that i startet the Race to see if it works normal and yes it works fine !

KI stops normal , my soft Tyres are good for 10- 12 Laps , the Hard Tyres 18 - 20 Laps .
I make 4 Stops - soft , 2 Times Hard , soft an KI stops also 4 Times , most oft them soft and 3 Times Hard Tyres .

It works !!

You only have to Change the Database to the Original before you start the first Race and all works fine !
I think after the Race you can switch the Database to the modified and have no Problems for the rest of the Season but i not testest it yet ...

PS: Excuse my bad English , faults Build in to make you smiling ;)
Did you ever test this (putting mod files back) after first race of third season?

So basically, this mod breaks the game after the first season? Or is it just the first race in the second/ third season that is broken?

I installed the mod but haven't run the game yet. I am still on my first season though. Maybe by the time I get to second season (months for now), there will be a another solution.

I wonder if you could just put back original database before 1st race of second season, then before 2nd race of 2nd season, put back in mod? Or is that still problematic?

100% is what I am using, with no mid-season saves. Actually for some reason my mid-season save is gray'd out anyways. Not sure why.

It´s not problematic changing the Database before you start a Race . I changed it after the Qualy , after i see the same Problem i had at start of Season 2 , I think you can Change it also before you begin with the Practice Session . I hoped the Problem at Season 2 dont happen again at Season 3 , but it does .After first Race you can put in modded Database again without any Problems for Rest of Season .
So i testet this Idea and how I said in my first Post it works fine and no Problems in the Rest of Season ( after Race 8 ) .
The Problem seems only on start of a new Season , if you dont change the Database to original also all will be normal after the first Race with the modded Database . But it brings no fun if only 6 or 7 Cars reach the Finishline and you drive circles around them in Melbourne ;)

Hello all!
Is there any way to incorporate this mod with the 2014 season update 1.0? it also changes the database. And before you say it, i don't know how to edit the .BIN myself :s
Any help appreciated!
Thanks

Hello all!
Is there any way to incorporate this mod with the 2014 season update 1.0? it also changes the database. And before you say it, i don't know how to edit the .BIN myself :s
Any help appreciated!
Thanks
There is a way, but you need to combine changes from both DB's

Where exactly do you copy the files to and which ones do you put there? At the moment I've got the Reduced Tyre Wear folder in Program Files (x86) > Steam > SteamApps > F1 2013. Is this right?

TLDR at the bottom.

Hello,

Sorry if this may come a little late, but I tested this mod this week. Although I consider myself as an experienced driver, I (not surprisingly) struggle with tyre wear compared to the AI.

So I found and installed this mod, but it's the complete opposite now: my tyres hardly go off. I am cruising to the finish on 100% Career races, and it's even worse in GP mode.

TLDR
Can you or someone else please reduce the effect of this mod by 50%? That would make it fantastic!

Thanks so much in advance!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back