Resource icon

Database Reduced Tyre Wear 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Quick update guys. Currently working on the 100% GP database. Had to change it 3 times before I got it working, but, I did. Testing done until Nurburgring. By tomorrow it shall be here.

In the meantime, here's a quick comparison video between the Codemasters database and the database I'm working on.

Enjoy!

P.S. That driving was done with a keyboard, so, don't kill me for it.

P.P.S. How do you do a spoiler here? Same as any other forum, or is it disabled (I see no spoiler button around)?

Wow Gabby, thats a great progress.

Would you like to say us, how you managed it, that the tyre wear is now also working in GP-Mode? Would be very great.

Many Many thanks to you. :)

Quick update guys. Currently working on the 100% GP database. Had to change it 3 times before I got it working, but, I did. Testing done until Nurburgring. By tomorrow it shall be here.

In the meantime, here's a quick comparison video between the Codemasters database and the database I'm working on.

...)?

Great stuff Gabbynaru :)

Very much looking forward to see it released. =

Gabbynaru updated Reduced Tyre Wear with a new update entry:

100% Race Length for Grand Prix Mode added.

As the title says, I added the 100% database for Grand Prix Mode. And just to top this off, this database works on ALL tracks*, including the two classics we have no database access to, Estoril and Imola.

So, there you go, guys. Have fun racing.

Also, if possible, I would like some feedback from you about this database working in Career Mode.

Thank you very much!

* With the 2013 Cars, no tests have been done with the Classical Cars.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have database.bin with many mods changings in it. What raws or tables from your mod database.bin I have to copy in my file to integrate with your nice mod?

track_tyre_wear_level: -0,55797; -0,34532; -0,15625

tyres: 7,71375 (Super Soft), 13,0125 (Soft), 17,89125 (Medium, Intermediate), 22,77375 (Hard, Monsoon)

track_model: 2 (Monza, Melbourne, Monaco, Texas), 3 (Spa, Catalunya, Hungaroring, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Brazil, Montreal, Sepang, Shanghai, Singapore, Suzuka, Silverstone, Korea, Nurburgring, Dheli, Jerez, Brands Hatch)

There you go! Enjoy racing, guys!

Thanks,

Do you think we can use the 100% settings for 50% races too?
Are there any changes in the database in the latest Patch #5?

It's worth a try, but I won't guarantee anything (don't worry, I'll start work on the 50% database today though). And no, from what I saw here, the database was not touched in Patch 5.

track_tyre_wear_level: -0,55797; -0,34532; -0,15625

tyres: 7,71375 (Super Soft), 13,0125 (Soft), 17,89125 (Medium, Intermediate), 22,77375 (Hard, Monsoon)

track_model: 2 (Monza, Melbourne, Monaco, Texas), 3 (Spa, Catalunya, Hungaroring, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Brazil, Montreal, Sepang, Shanghai, Singapore, Suzuka, Silverstone, Korea, Nurburgring, Dheli, Jerez, Brands Hatch)

There you go! Enjoy racing, guys!

Hi (and hi everyone),

first of all thank you for your great effort! :thumbsup:

Please help me to understand what to do! I am playing 100% career mod.
These values you posted above are different from the values in the downloaded archive.
Maybe I should have read the whole discussion but it is late night...
So,
1. May I overwrite the database file with the one in the archive file?
2. May I use these values you posted above and update the values manually?

Other question: if a new patch is released may I check the values in the database and correct it manually again?

Thank you again,

kedzol

Hey Gabby,

i have created a 25% GP Mode File for Tyre Wear that is now working. In 25% you have 2 - 3 pit stops every race. The only thing i have to rework is the tyre config on every track. To debug in a good way i always have supersoft and soft tyres on the circuits.

Hi (and hi everyone),

first of all thank you for your great effort! :thumbsup:

Please help me to understand what to do! I am playing 100% career mod.
These values you posted above are different from the values in the downloaded archive.
Maybe I should have read the whole discussion but it is late night...
So,
1. May I overwrite the database file with the one in the archive file?
2. May I use these values you posted above and update the values manually?

Other question: if a new patch is released may I check the values in the database and correct it manually again?

Thank you again,

kedzol

Well, if you want to use the GP database, either way works, either overwrite the database or add the new values to your current database. If you have no mods other than this one, I say overwriting the database is easier, but, if you do have other mods, just update your current database with the values above. If a patch comes out, the values won't change, and I will try my best to update the databases here quickly.

Hey Gabby,

i have created a 25% GP Mode File for Tyre Wear that is now working. In 25% you have 2 - 3 pit stops every race. The only thing i have to rework is the tyre config on every track. To debug in a good way i always have supersoft and soft tyres on the circuits.

Do people actually want 2- 3 pit stops in a 25% race? From the discussions here, I can see the opposite. Good job though.

I'm going to make a t-shirt that says "Gabby is my Hero".

P.S. I haven't played in a while (hence my absence from this thread) but I'm back now, and I'm gonna put your 50% career mode to the test. I'll let you know if I run across any issues!

Just a heads up, guys, I postponed the 50% database testing since I will finally get a new controller today. (About time). Testing should resume today, and, if all goes well, by tomorrow the 50% database should be here.

So, tested the 50% race length with my new controller today. Test results are as follows: No need for a new database, the settings of the 100% GP database work and scale perfectly for a 50% GP race. So, just to let you know, all's good so far.

First off, sorry for the triple post.

New status update. I tested the current Grand Prix Mode database in Career mode. Unfortunately, it does not work. All tyres got red with 1 and a half lap to go to the pit. I think that's even worse than the Codemasters database. Though, I am still doubting the test since I started from a mid-session save. So, I'll try again after I manage to finish the race I was testing (with the career database) and let you know of the results.

Midsession saves have been known to screw things up Gabbyna

I had the issue once that after a midsession save the tires were still worn after doing a pit stop.

If you look at the codemasters patches, a lot of them were about fixing issues with midsession saves, so that could the problem you were facing here

I had a midsession save a couple of laps before I need to pit. On resume my tyres were still worn, the worn tyre warning came on but I couldn't feel any lack of grip and was doing fastest laps just before I pitted?

Think is was Silverstone season2 100%

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 106 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 197 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing