2012 RD Touring Car Championship (STCC 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a look around at iRacing the Game Stock Cars and frankly I am not sure if they are an improvement in price and quality over Race. Someone might convince me otherwise, but while we still have Race on our PC's, and we have 50+ regulars, I can't see a reason to move on:) Sunday nights were never so much fun!
Roll on season 9?

I tried Game Stock Cars, it's enjoyable but I found it a little arcadey (using the Race07 V8 Supercar mod as a comparison it's very arcadey!), and the graphics were considerably worse than Race 07) If there's a S2000 sort of mod for GSC I'd definitely try it, but I can't see it being as good as Race 07!

Bram has already been over the reasons why there won't be a S9 on Race 07 in the thread from Macau, and it's all very reasonable, so I guess we'll just have to live with Club races unless someone who can match Bram and the other RD staff's levels of commitment fancies volunteering to run another League!

Funny, I find Race07 to be the most arcadey of the bunch...

GSC's physics was made in big part by Niels who is the gMotor2 physics guru. What makes you think of it as arcadey ?

(P.S. I've tried the V8's for Race07, they are almighty awful to drive in my opinion, V8 Unleashed for rFactor is MUCH better ;) )

Funny, I find Race07 to be the most arcadey of the bunch...

GSC's physics was made in big part by Niels who is the gMotor2 physics guru. What makes you think of it as arcadey ?

(P.S. I've tried the V8's for Race07, they are almighty awful to drive in my opinion, V8 Unleashed for rFactor is MUCH better ;) )

Just felt very easy to drive, considering what the car is - I'd expect a big V8 brute to make a fuss under braking and to step out with less invitation when I put my foot on the pedal. Maybe if the V8 Supercar mod for Race 07 isn't a good comparison, then I'll use the BMW from the WTCC/STCC classes, which I find more of a challenge to drive than I found the GSC car (and I did have all assists off!).

I can't comment on anything else, as the only other sim I have played is RBR, and a rally game isn't easily comparable to circuit racing games!

@Vinicius Ferreira I guess I must have had the graphic settings on incredibly low as default when I tried it because the track maps especially looked worse than Race 07.

graphics is not first thing for me, first thing is have fun... I have fun at race07

True, graphics isn't paramount, I used to play with the settings on as low as they'd go on my old laptop and it didn't ruin the fun in any way, but it doesn't feel like progress when the graphics get worse...but as Vinicius said, the graphics are meant to be better, so I guess my settings must have been on low as I didn't check!

Just felt very easy to drive, considering what the car is - I'd expect a big V8 brute to make a fuss under braking and to step out with less invitation when I put my foot on the pedal. Maybe if the V8 Supercar mod for Race 07 isn't a good comparison, then I'll use the BMW from the WTCC/STCC classes, which I find more of a challenge to drive than I found the GSC car (and I did have all assists off!).
Every cars are easy to drive when you're not pushing :)

I can't comment on anything else, as the only other sim I have played is RBR, and a rally game isn't easily comparable to circuit racing games!

@Vinicius Ferreira I guess I must have had the graphic settings on incredibly low as default when I tried it because the track maps especially looked worse than Race 07.

Guess you never saw my lap videos in GSC forum? They are not easy on the limit.

Thanks Bram and everyone!

It was my first league, if it wasn't for that Curitiba DQ I would have finished all races! Started in group 2 and made my way in group 1.. It was really cool, I learned a lot!

I would love to see another race07 league next year!

cheers.

results of qualification specified in documents are incorrect.
Here real results.

2012062400_9638442_5140921.jpg

I am going to add another bunch of names to the OP in a bit as I noticed i made a mistake. I forgot that the deducted races remove two of the best results.

All drivers that participated in all 18 events will be added to the list so a few more names will appear.

A color will mark the names of the average group the racers finished in blue is the virtual group 1, red group 2, green group 3 etc.

Virtual group 1 drivers will receive 3 numbers per driver, Virtual group 2 drivers 2 numbers and group 3 1 number.

All numbers will go into the magic hat and via random.org a draw will be performed a bit later.

More in a few minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years