2011/2 RD Touring Car Championship (STCC 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaceDepartment

Administrator
Staff
Please let us know which cars we should use for the seventh season of the RD Touring Car Championship? Multiple choices are allowed. Please only vote when you have ambitions to join this premier league of touring car racing

Im of the opinion that using some of the race 07 leagues (ie WTCC 2007) would be best, simply because it doesnt exclude anyone who may not have the expansions, or may not be able to afford them. Though, running the new 2010 season would probably be most relevant.

I think that running the MINI as a season would be a bad idea, they are fun as sort of one off banger racers, but having to race with those for a season would be too much, with their buzzy engine and total lack of speed. And, whilst the 87 mod would be truly epic, it doesnt have the variety that it needs. Thats what we have WTM for.

Yeah, you can always say those who don't get the expansions. But the world moves on, doesn't it?

I'm just trying to say, STCC 09 got more cars and more variety, the WTCC 07 have been driven a million of times in leagues. But of course, its my opinion.

The STCC 2 cars (by the way, it's the 2010 season) would be a fantastic choice because you have varied competitive cars. The new cars are good (Scirocco, Cruze, 6-speed BMW, new Volvo), but you can also rely on the proven cars (Leon, Accord, Lacetti, 156, 5-speed BMW). A colourful and varied grid would be almost guaranteed. I only hope mostly other tracks than the standard STCC ones are used.

The Mini would be fantastic too. It's been a while since the RPM and RSC Mini Championships were run, but they offered great races back then.

I would like to see either of the STCC addon cars involved -would be good if Simbin released a fix to make the Cruze skinnable, although I think they needed that to be another reason to buy WTCC 2010 so might not be happening any time soon.

Also voted for 2008 cars as I'd be happy running the Lada - I swear that car is yet to win a race on RD :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 133 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 358 28.0%