RDRC Season 5 - Rally World

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've changed it again...

Last one now I'm not changing it again, these's some pink for Ole Marius Myrvold there now to ;)

97fcb8f3-d0a7-4e88-b3be-46323ac30372_zps01f0fc79.jpg

1be9db4e-573d-45c0-994d-97239e987bc0_zps91ca8c05.jpg

Here's to Season 5!

Sion

Today is the day when my new car finally saw a daylight, we have been working a lot to hear its engine start and now its done. Its a huge relief. Today we also went to test the car out a little bit, it seemed to work fine, probably gonna need some setup fine tuning but it seems that there are no problems with the car it self. Here are some pictures from the tests:
aal8qd7k9zkjsrd0l65j.jpg

tibsbrs2u6iv0hjdw1f6.jpg

z3v1glvhxx354q71cv58.jpg

Lada Samara 1600. Probably some of you wonder why Im not driving my old Pug S2000 or any other.. lets say.. more fresh car. Well, there are several reasons. My contract with Nijo Racing team ran out and after a long discussion with its manager Chris Williamson we came to a decision that I cant be a part of his team anymore. Basically because I totaled too many cars and it cost a lot of money to him. Of course it also made a huge hole in my finances which is the second reason why Im going to drive a Samara this season, Im pretty much out of money and I cant afford anything really better. I just hope that Samara will endure my driving style during the season and if it will, Im gonna be happy. Hopefully its gonna bring me some sponsors so next season I can get back to some 4WD class.

Also, since I`ve pretty much ran out of money, my co-pilot left me. Although tomorrow Im hoping to sign a contract with a new candidate for this position, my old friend Andrejs Pestovs. As he decided to stop being a rally driver, I offered him this place and he seemed to be happy with it. Tomorrow we just have to finalize the terms of contract and thats it. After that we obviously will need a lot of practices together to understand each other better.

While me and Andrejs are going to finalize the contract, Samara is going to be painted by a professional skin maker. Not sure how its going to end but I have a good feeling and hopefully tomorrow Im gonna be able to upload some pictures with the new livery.

I also wanted to add that even though Im Grade 1 driver, Im going to suck big time this season. I have no idea how to drive FWD`s what so ever... And yeah, those who still didnt know (and who got this far reading anyway) - Im using keyboard now, not my old lovely G27 wheel.

Oh yeah, and here is my car which I used to NOT forget about rallying during the off-season.. Like a practice car, a lovely car, although it has about 3 or 4 horsepower only..

q2s6fwdnot9kkc31ym.jpg

lbj0bqnw3ox9gwgx8qv4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 154 14.6%