RDRC S5 Round 9 - 1000 lakes Rally (14th – 17th September)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a touch pissed off after that rally.

I finished every stage and got to ss14 where i ran wide on a left hander, clipped a tree withe back quarter which somehow killed my engine and refused to fire up again causing a retirement.................

Then i find the maximum time for that short wee stage is 7 minutes.........

I think the phrase rhymes with clucking bell............

Also I emailed my replays in.

See you at the next round!!!:rolleyes:

ss1:nice and easy start, no risks, little mistake lost ~10 secs but no biggie
ss2:got a bit of a moment, so I went for a very careful drive, okay, not very good
ss3:again little mistake, my confidence is very low, I struggle a lot. The weather is not helping either!
ss4:I'm getting more confident, very nice stage, no problem
ss5:wrong pacenote, or maybe I was pushing too hard, but I hit a rock in the inside of a corner I should not have cut. The evo being more fragile than crystal, it would not restart :(
ss6:very good stage
ss7:okay, nothing in particular
ss8:not too good, but okay. Slightly hit an invisible tree in the beggining and then at 2/3 big moment because bad pacenote but avoided the worst
ss9:good, nice stage
ss10:very good
ss11:was going very good until Mr Isaac Newton decided to play a joke on me... rolled 2 and a half times after slightly touching the weeds at 25km/h in a junction turn near the end of the stage. Thankfully the spectators were there to help me
putting the car back on its wheels and I managed to finish, but I lost a lot of time.
ss12:getting safely thru, car seems a bit damaged from last stage's excursion
ss13:same as ss12
ss14 (power stage):a lot of moments but got to the finish. I was sliding a lot so maybe my time is not perfect. During testing I managed to be much faster but I have to see how the other boys will do. I think it might be enough for 2 points. I liked the stage a lot.

All in all, great rally. It's a pity that I made a mistake, but that's how it is. Some stages were nice, some other a bit less. My pacenotes weren't too good but it's partly my fault.
Thank you to the organizers and congratulations to everyone who took part in this rally. Hope to see more long & fast stages in the future :D

That's a shame Alasdair you were doing very nicely :thumbsup: also GTA V tomorrow :)

Well, last time out I practiced a lot and it ended up in dissapointed so this time I didn't practice and simply set out to finish the stages looking at the championship, it was all slow and steady taking care of the car, only mistake was not loading a setup on mustaselka ll and losing some time. Magnar was doing very well in a RRC DS3 he was faster on some stages, Thanks to organizers and looking forward to the results

I thought I'd do a more in depth report.

SS1: UUGGGHHHH
SS2: BLEARGH
SS3: EEEEWWWWWW
SS4: AAARRRGGHHHH
1st service so far no problems
SS5: AH-HA
SS6: YEEEAAHHHH BBBOOOIIIIIIIIIII
SS7: HO HUM
SS8: WWEEEEEEEEE
SS9: MEH
2nd service not too bad just an off on ss9 spoiling things
SS10: WOO HOO
SS11: YEEE HAH
SS12: WWWOOOOAAAHHH
SS13: CHARGE!!!
3rd service still going well enjoying it
SS14: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ( pause for breath ) OOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAMN YOU TO HELLLLLLLL

I enjoyed the middle two loops a lot and I felt I was driving well its just a shame
about that last stage retirement.

SS14: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ( pause for breath ) OOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAMN YOU TO HELLLLLLLL

I enjoyed the middle two loops a lot and I felt I was driving well its just a shame

A good rally for me... It could be a little bit better on the stages at night, i haven´t practiced for the rally and it was the first time that i´ve made most of the stages at night,, let´s hope for a good result... Only have a one CFH (not bad for me)...

Installed RBR only this morning (the one for RSRBR that is).. Now downloading all the stuff - tracks, updates & stuff. I hope I can make it on time for last OC session.

EDIT: The link for Update 01 patch is broken, does the Update 2 solve the problem?

Also can I instal Update 7 before I do this rally?

Ohman, just fired everything up, and realized my wheel is broken :(
I'll try with pad, but I fear this will be short round for me....
Yep, can't do it. ffs that was so terrible. I'll open that wheel now and check if i can fix it, if not, I'll try to get a new one before the next round. cause if I can't, this season has just ended for me :/

EDIT: Wheel is now fixed and I'm ready for the next round :)

Last edited:
Round 9 finished for me..

Went ok considering the sore arm and the being a tad sick. I actually started to make my self 'car-sick', but manned-up and carried on regardless.

I had 2 spins flat out on Humalamaki with little or no damage. The rest of the stages I plodded around very slowly in one of my high gear ratio 'bumpy' set-ups, which seemed to go alright.

So all in all I am glad I went for it.

Thanks to all the organisers and the competitors, see you at the next one!

Cheers,
jc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 371 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%