RDRC S5 Round 5 - South Swedish Rally (18th - 21st May)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One sreenshot from Powerstage... I Guess someone else gets points from there. Otherwise stages went quite well, waiting for is it enough to podium...
RichardBurnsRally_SSE 2013-05-19 18-28-50-58 (640x400).jpg
O

There is NOO luck for me..
I just hitted a little tree, not really at the front bumper, there was a little touch with the side edge of the bumper, but the engine was died :((
The next stgae cause of my frustration, I landed next to a bridge...
I could hope for some points for the PS, I think my time would be good enough for catch some points.

Great rally, great choice of stages, great driving in EU2 session.

ss1 - Rolling stones on my stereo and rolling Mini on my monitor. Lost about 10 sec. and give some hope to Norbert ;) :thumbsup:

ss2 - Rally School. Every body should visit rally school from time to time.
ss3 - Pedal to the metal, chasing ghosts and Magnar in Fiesta S1600. That guy is fantastic driving that car like he stole it :confused:. To bad for Norbert`s retirement.
ss4 & ss5 - my fav. stages. Good pace and gap in front of Magnar 1 min.

Anyway, i had constant pace and good speed with great lines all the way to end of rally except one tiny mistake on Harwood2 where i put two stupid judges in early retirement because they were in deadly zone.....and i was there too :devilish:.

Good luck to all of you who didn`t start yet and see you later !!!

I finish this round now and it was a good rally for me, no mistakes at all, i was the only FWD class so i don't know that the times was good enough tonight. Must wait to the results come up. Great drive from Emil tonight, i colud just forget to follow him.
I was very carfull on the Polan stages, i don't like those at all.The other stages was very fun.
Thanks for a good rally guys!!

SS1:For some reason I thought this was Poland R and got up to 6th gear out of the gate and then I hear my co driver say medium right, off I went but I avoided the bale and only lost a little time.

SS2:I've gone faster but it was okay.

SS3:Not a bad stage.

SS4:I tried to push here but was cautious over the bridges.

SS5:Nearly had to stop more than once to avoid driving right off the road.

SS6:Same as Rally School, okay.

SS7:Tried to keep the car on the ground so that I could finish in one piece. It worked but I could have used a bit more pace.

SS8:One small mistake and then a big one. I rolled over about 6 or 7 times and only managed to smash the windscreen. The car landed on the wheels and ran just fine.

SS9:This one has tricky corners but I was able to keep it on the road.

SS10:Not bad.

SS11:I was playing pinball on this one. Lucky for me I did't damage anything since I had two more stages to go before service.

SS12:Not bad but I think I bent the wheels a bit from going wide in a few too many corners. You gotta love the high shoulders.

SS13:Finally Poland R. I wasn't sure how to go about this one. Flat out in practice worked but I was a bit timid being so near to the finsih. I was out of sync and made a few errors.

SS14:I thought I would push and spun out and hit a tree within the first few hundred meters. The car held up but then I did it again and once more for good measure but the third time I didn't hit anything. I flew across the line and smashed one of those huge rocks to the left. The Citroen is a tough car, I was able to drive it to the finish.

No CFH's or DNF's so I hope it is good enough to score a few points. Regardless, it was fun.

Thanks to the organizers and to all the racers.

i drove yesterday, here my little report:

SS1 en SS2 went well!
SS3, SS4 and SS5 was a nice drive!

SS6 strange stage, i don't think i like this one, but i finished it!
SS7...the stage i drove so many many times before...in a fast right corner my back steps out and hit a tree trunk on the side of the road. Result was that my Fiesta did continue the stage for a few meters! But the shiny side was not on top! Luckily after a CFH only my window and the roof were smashed. CFH how many seconds is that?
SS8: I drove it pretty well i think!

SS9; Nice stage! But i spinned after the flying finish with my front in to a tree, and the engine died and the gearbox got stuck in 2nd gear. I had to retire to go to the next stage, but i finished SS9. Because of that i couldn save the replay of this one...:( :S
SS10: The same as SS6, i don't like it, but i finished!

SS11: My second mistake of this rally, left side of the road = mountain. Right side of the ride is going down. One of my wheels was going off, and due to countersteering and full throttle i keeped the car on the road, but i spinned. And was facing the mountain with my front bumper. Needed some time to get the car in the good direction again, because the road was very small at that point. But i finished the stage!
SS12 and SS13 went pretty OK!

SS14: Very nice stage!!! A few mistakes from me, but i liked the stage!!

So i finished all stages , i am happy. Looking forward to the results!

So happy right now.
Goal was to make it to the end, even If I have to be cautious :thumbsup:

SO...

SS1: Not a bad run, did manage to take the front end off on a low post though, but managed to make it to the end.
SS2: Fairly reserved run, steering was a little off but brought it home in one piece!
SS3: Few mistakes, ran wide a few times, didn't hit anything though so all good.
SS4: Upped the pace a little for this stage, no mistakes although the wheel really hates it FFB wise, so loud!
SS5: No way near as good as I expected, but survived. A little mistake here an there, otherwise just a generally slow stage for me.
SS6: Took it easy this stage, no issues.
SS7: Good stage for me, a little too hot into the last junction but a good run nonetheless!
SS8: Was worried about this stage, so just kept my composure and safely got it to the end, only with a little slide off near the start.
SS9: Fairly clean run, most enjoyable stage!
SS10: Definitely should have practiced! Slid off halfway through, but luckily I stopped just in time before anything serious happened :confused:
SS11: As I had to keep telling myself it was NOT Paddy's, I took a fairly cautious approach. Only one hairy moment but apart from that pretty good.
SS12: Silvio beat me to the post by 00:00.02! Well done, I just wanted to get the car to the end :D No practice does have its disadvantages, but that was a blistering time mate, good job!
SS13: That was bumpy as ffffff ! :p AND I managed to hit the exact same post, this time with the rear end and getting me stuck in a ditch for a while...But in the end, I finished, so I don't care :)
SS14: Powerstage or not, I know its one hell of a stage danger wise so I just took it at a leisurely pace. Was one of the few stages I did practice, and every time I hit a certain jump or two I ended up in the air in some way, shape or form...but in saying that...

NO CFH OR RETIREMENTS!!!! WOOHOO! :D

So stoked right now, has to be one of my best runs all season.

Next question is...will the results cut me a break? I tried my best...! :)
Good luck to everybody yet to compete, thoroughly enjoyed it :D

Well rally done for me... Went well, a few mistakes but nothing that compromise my rythm....until i´ve got 2 CFH in mineshaft and an overheaten car...:mad: God damn it... Try to do the next stage with extreme caution and made it...
Try to do again on the stage of poland and hope to the car doesn´t stop in the road because of the overheaten...
But the car doesn´t last enough and stops..The power stage went well, a hairspin make me lost about 4s (it was the most fast recovery of a haispin for me :) ).

Well it was not too bad for not having any practice time. I had some good stages but I also had 1 CFH and 2 retirements, those pace notes are just not quite good enough for me, a drive through the stages would have made a difference I think.
Thanks to all the organizers good luck to those who have still to run.:cool:

3 retirements, 2 or 3 very good stages, and a lot of slow driving. And now only one more rally to do with this Group B-machine before I can change into something that matches my skill-level a bit better :)

Pre-Rally: Nice to come home to Sweden, leading both the production class and the team Championship. It has been a good season. The Evo X Lancer works really good. Will be nice with some Swedish gravel roads.
First service: Over-ambitious from the start and nearly crashed into first left hairpin short after start on first stage. Spun around, lost time but saved the car.. After that I could settle in good rhytm. SS2 Rally School was really great.
2nd service. Pleased with these three stages. Had a moment on SS5 when I ran wide and smashed sideways into a tree. Didnt loose any time and car was OK until service.
3rd service: Works fine. Made a small exkursion in the beginning of SS8. Was lucky to avoid and drive around some logs and then found the way back to the road. A lot of hidden dangers on Harwood Forest 2.
4rd service. Spun at Sipirkakim and made a lot of small mistakes on both SS9 and 10. Not fast enough I think.
5th service. Defensive drive and no big mistakes. Probably slow, but If I can continue to keep it together it will be valuable points. I will not gamble on the Power Stage. Want to bring her home.
Finish: Good rally without retirements and CFH. Will be exciting to see the results.
Thanks organisers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline