RDRC S5 Round 12 - Rally of Wales (16th – 19th November)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet another mitigated rally for me. On the one hand I did set some pretty good times, I had a good feeling with the car overall. On the other hand there are some traps that I'm still not used to and I cannot refrain myself from crashing out of every other stage.

First DNF was the very first stage of the rally. First I took one corner a bit wide and a photographer was at the wrong place at the wrong moment. I continued the stage but I was not very focused. Very soon, I couldn't catch the car after having a moment on a ditch; that's where I had to retire.

Then, on the 6th stage, a ditch made me lose control and the engine would not start again. I was furious because it's a stage I'm usually comfortable with. I'm starting to hate this car and myself too :D After all, this is a road car and it's not very suited to the very demanding rally GB stages.

Then it was the 10th stage (Loch Ard 1). My notes were wrong, I became aware of this during testing, but didn't bother changing them. At the beginning of the stage, there's a very fast right into a small straight and then a jump, which leads directly in a slow left hander. I took the jump flat out and missed hitting the spectators that were just afterwards by an inch. The car rolled and I couldn't finish the stage.

The rest of the rally was wicked good though, a huge thank you to all the organizers for this rally and for this incredible season.
Congrats to all my competitors as well.

I cannot wait to have a seat in a proper rally car next season :D

Great driving guys. Dudo....:thumbsup: i`ll see you next season with that DS3. This Mini WRC is great car but it has some strange issues with steering. The rear end of the car have problems with listening to the driver. My WET setup is not so good like DRY (gravel) so i have to take screwdriver and fix it till next season. Also i have to make some improvments with other setups to make this awsome car much more stable.
See ya all next time....;)

I finished all stages!:thumbsup:

But Saki had another laughing fit when I went straight at a nicely hidden junction on the first Chirdonhead run(SS8). Hit a tree stump across the road which damaged my gearbox.

Now I could only do up to 70 km/h, and only if I didn't hit the throttle, so I was trundling through all 3 stages before service...

Otherwise, I'd been somewhere close behind Emil and Dubravko.

A bit disappointed it had to end like this as I was looking good.

But thanks to everyone at RD that made this season happen, hopefully I'll be back with a better season in a WRC car!

Also thanks to Jack for the skin, guess I lost to him with this mistake:rolleyes:

Well my first two stages went very wrong and didn´t enter in the right pace wich make me hit the crowd in 2st stage and in the 2nd made a DNF... Before the 3rd stage my times were getting better and my pace in some stages were good but some small mistakes ins some stages costs me a few time..
Next season will be better with the comeback of my team mate... ;)
Thank´s to all for this great season and hope to see you in S6.... ;) :)

Well done Jack, and all the podium-getters.

Ah, what a great way to end the season. That means I've accomplished all my goals for this season, so I'm thrilled.

I wanna say a big thank you not only to the organizers, who have done an amazing job this season, but also to all the competitors, and especially those who've kept with it till the end.

Also a big thanks to Corey, my team-mate for racing with me this year. I'm not sure our final position in the teams standings, but I think we've done pretty well.

Bring on Season 6!

Well, that was yet another interesting round of the RDRC - the combination of weather conditions and tyre wear was a challenge but not outlandisly difficult which is a credit to the organisers - bloody great event.

Unfortunately had a good run on SS1, but hit the fence after the finish which meant a dead car for SS2 and a subsequent penalty - SS3 wasn't anything flash either but then managed to find the groove again.

Funny how all your practice sessions go to plan, set good times, get a good feel for the car then as soon as things get serious it's just carnage everywhere.

Thanks for everyone who is involved behind the scenes and putting up with my late entry. I will be on top of it a bit more for next season :)

I thought you did Emil, will get it sorted.

And thanks for the kind words guys, probably helps that I know the Wales stages more than anywhere else!

Jack Hintz, i want to notify you that i dont appear on the final results. I think you forget it. I am MikLauda, and i drove in EU3 Session with subaru imprezza n14, hope you can fix it when you have a moment ;)

Thanks for the job!! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back