RDRC S5 Round 12 - Rally of Wales (16th – 19th November)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to run tonight instead of tomorrow. Everything went as well as could be expected, no major incidents just a couple of little slips and spins.
I have no idea how well I've done as there was no one else running with me, but it felt quite good for me. Now I'll just have to wait and see!!

Thanks to all staff involved with organising the RDRC and to all competitors for making it a great season. Looking forward to season 6 :D

John i know how you feel. I had that ****-feel last night at Croatian championship where i had almost 40 sec. in front of Dudo and throw that down the drain with stupid mistake at Chirdonhead II at one straight 200 with jump on braking before 3 right. Should only finish last three stages (of 15) and make enough point distance before last rally to be champion but.....:poop: hapens. Too bad Magnar didn`t sign-up for this rally. I have to survive another rally fighting with Dudo, this time for 2. place. Dudo...wish you luck.....:devilish:

SS1 - Going OK, though the hairpins are a bit slow without a handbrake. Unfortunately right near the end my rear slid out a bit and tapped a marshall. I think he's OK, but I lost some time here.
SS2 - Pretty good, a slight mistake saw my overshoot a junction, lost a bit of time turning around.
SS3 - Felt a bit uncomfortable at the start, but got into it near the end, looking forward to the dry stages now!

SS4 - That went OK
SS5 - Wee half-spin in the beginning that cost me around 10 seconds.
SS6 - OK
SS7 - I really dislike super specials. This went OK.

SS8 - Weird feeling with the car. Two slight mistakes, one where I nearly rolled and another where my rear just stepped out and I narrowly avoided trees.
SS9 - I really like this stage, one of my favourites. Good feeling in the car, pace OK.
SS10 - Fun stage, I enjoyed that one. :)

SS11 - Good pace at the start, but some mistakes in sector 2 cost time. May be a little cosmetic damage too. Car balance felt a bit weird.
SS12 - Good.
SS13 - A wee bit messy.
SS14 - I really wanted to win at least one stage this session, so I pushed really hard here. Last corner smack! into a barrier. Tentative reverse.... yes! Engine's still alive. :p

So then, a DNF-free rally for the final round. It's a nice way to finish. Good job to Jack as well, looks like a clean rally for him too.

Grats to all finishers, and cheers to the staff.

Bring on next season :D

What a rally, so happy!!

SS1 - VERY slippery so ended up driving fairly cautiously to keep the car safe.
SS2 - It was a little hard to concentrate with the bumpiness and the slipperyness, but managed to get to the end. I am pleased!
SS3 - I kept at a comfortable pace in this stage as I know how unforgiving it can be if you make a wrong move.Still happy with the time though.
SS4 - Much happier with my pace second time through, still a stage that drives me nuts though!
SS5 - Fantastic feeling in the car, really enjoyed it!
SS6 - Slight understeer, but really enjoyed...maybe even a personal best!
SS7 - Wrong setup, didn't work as well as I thought it would, understeering everywhere.
SS8 - I was fairly cautious in some places but pleased I finished.
SS9 - Had a half spin near the end but it doesn't matter, because It's one of my absolute favourite stages in the championship :D
SS10 - Very happy with the pace, incredible stage to drive on!
SS11 - Ok so we push a little, and go a little to hot into the first 90 left and damage the passenger door, but apart from that it was a good stage. (also after the end when I stopped the car randomly rolled for some reason :O_o: )
SS12 - Very happy with my time through there, no mistakes and a lot of fun. Possible personal best again too.
SS13 - Pushed a little bit too much from the start, clipped something and spun, lost about 5 seconds or so getting stuck but still extremely happy with the pace and how fun the stage is. Just a shame it *had* to be in the power stage! :D Also no damage so extra bonus!
SS14 - WOOHOOO!!!!!!! I finished the rally with NO retirements!!! Last stage was the biggest :poop: in the history of :poop: but I don't care because I finished it!!

The Fiesta was absolutely electric this round, and for the first time in a very long time I was very happy with my pace throughout (with the exception of ROC) the entire rally.

Thank you SO MUCH to everyone that has competed this season, we couldn't have done it without you all!!

Next season will be absolutely awesome, so many new ideas coming through, and some awesome new additions.

See you all soon!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Fresh of the WRC in real Wales, I had the urge to play RBR again!

Very bumpy start of the rally after a few months without playing, and drove right into that stone wall at the beginning of the 2nd run of Sheperds Shield... The frustration was so high that I could not make myself continue. But it was good to get the wheel out again :)

Good luck to all left to run, and Thank you very much to all the organizing team for all the work that was put for this season!!

I have just finish the rally, very very very angry with myself :cry: I started bad, and i lost between 2 first stages 1 minute aprox. After this, i started to get relax, and concentrate me. I was very calm, and when i was finishing the rally, i crashed on the 13 stage when i was thinking simply finish the rally without dnf... but, after crash the car didnt work... :(

I think that it could be a good rally for me, but not this time...

I want to say thanks to all organization for your work, this was my first rally here and i hope to drive next session and have fun. ;)

Greetings!

Really fun rally to drive, my Celica was better suited to this rally than any of the other in the series :)
I struggeled for grip on the first loop, as the Celica has very little mechanical grip compared to the other cars. On the dry stages I really went for it, and it must have been a spectacular sight with the Celica wiiiiiide and on/over the limit on most of the stages.
I rolled heavily on SS11 though, and bent the left rear wheel so that the car was difficult to steer left afterwards.
Did okay on the final 2 stages, and finished the rally with only one CFH and no other big accidents.

Looking forward to the results now, the times felt competetive for an old car like this.

Now the testing and talks with car-dealers start ahead of next season, it will be interesting to see what everyone will be in!

Keegan Buckley - kbuckley - OC4

Apologies about the late sign up, i have been away the last week so have completely overlooked the RDRC round, not fussed if I don't score points, just really enjoy running with you guys :) Always cracking competition to keep me honest!

Spent the whole morning to get the RSRBR going and join OC4 session but didnt succeed. I mean its working and all.. I got stuck because my new nickname was not activated and I just cant find the activation mail in my e-mail box.. And my old nickname is impossible to write in the RSRBR start screen. Asked for help in rallyesim forums, maybe I`ll be able to do EU4 session after all. I know that Im not scoring points since I missed the deadline, I just want to compare my times to others to see how slow I am right now.

Decided that as I have already done my session for the round that I'd join OC4 for some mayhem ;) Good luck guys!

Edit: That's a shame Viesturs, hope you can make it! :)

Had to stop as I hurt my hand today and it was proving a little bit too much to handle :(

Last edited:
Well that was fun. I had one CFH and one DNF and a few spins but over all pretty happy with the way I drove.

thanks to the organizers for putting on the show all season long and hats off to everyone who drove.

After all there was quite some crowd in the session, 8 of us, if Im not mistaken :) Here it is how it went for me..

SS1
: I was really really nervous before the start. Thought its going to get better but it didnt after I realized how quick the wheels are locking under braking at these conditions.. Had a huge spin on the 2nd split and big off on the 3rd split. Yet won the stage in our session, thanks to Emil making huge mistake, I suppose. Was even more nervous after the stage.
SS2: Tried to be more careful under braking but cocked up even more corners and in the end the result of this stage was just rubbish.
SS3: Decided to put a little more risk here, had a few close calls but I wasnt that nervous anymore so I think it payed off, didnt have huge mistakes, just some small errors. Was leading the session after the first section. Interesting.

SS4: Got a little bit nervous again. Went more agressive this time around but I felt that it wasnt worth it, a lot of small errors made the time look bad. Also screwed up last two hairpins.. at the first one of those two I just messed up the pedals and the engine stalled and I went straight in that corner.. At the last hairpin I just threw the car in way too fast and had to reverse out to avoid a cut.. Terrible result here.
SS5: Started it well but later on that stage I overcooked two corners quite heavy and once got stuck into bushes.. Took some while. Otherwise I felt quite confident here even though I was nowhere near to win the stage. Dudo S. is only 0.54s behind me now, gonna lose the lead in next stage for sure.
SS6: I was so impressed about how perfect I have started this stage, really, I dont think I have ever done the first section so quick but it all ended at the first bridge.. well actually it ended few meters on the right side from that bridge.. Oh well :)
SS7: Absolutely love gravel tyres on tarmac surface, seriously :) Had a false start though, that didnt help

SS8: It was fantastic until I crashed pretty heavy before the last 90degree turn after the fast, bumpy section - comming out of forest.. Lost control under braking on the bumps and flew into trees, luckily the car survived, yet I had only 1st gear and I had to reach finish with only that one.
SS9: Gear accurator was dead so I decided to retire here to have a fresh car in the next stage. If I wouldnt have a retirement before or if I would go for points - I wouldnt make this choice. Now, I was going after fun and where is the fun driving two stages in a row with damaged gearbox? :p
SS10: Very attractive stage, Ive been driving it only a few times before and all I knew was that the pacenotes suck terribly here.. But it was fun, I enjoyed it even though I had three or four quite big crashes.. :)

SS11: It was OK, didnt feel as good as first time around though.
SS12: Had a spin but even without that it was rubbish, far from my best.
SS13: It was going quite well, slow but OK and then a minor mistake, tiny crash and the car became silent.. Last time around here I had 3 or 4 crashes and every one of them was harder. Funny.
SS14: lol, took it too close to the inside wall and the car became silent one last time :)

Im glad I managed to do the last rally of this season. I have always loved Rally Wales and the roads of Great Britain, they are always challenging. I wasnt nowhere near my best. I just wasnt in form since only 24 hours ago my body temperature was C 38.5, didnt have much strength today but Im still happy I was able to do this :) Thanks for the rally and the whole season, I think Im back for staying so I just cant wait the next season. Thanks A LOT for all the work you have put in to make this going :) I appreciate it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back