RDRC S5 Round 10 - Hokkaido Rally (5th – 8th October)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good and fun rally until SS 10 Tanner where i drive to fast over the big jump in the middle of the stage. I landed in the middle of the road but damaged the radiatot and the front suspension. I get to finish but it was still 3 stages to og so i was afraid that the car would stop if i don't repair it. After a little thinking i decided to not repair and startd the Next stage.
The car was smoking and not easy to drive and on top of that i lost the rytm of my driving and lost much time on the 3 Next stages.

Thanks for a fun rally all.

Gonna run tomorrow...

Interesting, Daniel Bonara is a BTB Italy stage, right?

When I try to do a run alone, it says the BTB Italy file is absent:O_o:

EDIT: Wait, I'm looking in the wrong place! Should be Super Stages, D'OH!:rolleyes:

Well that was interesting to say enough.

SS1: Bit of understeer in some corners. but smooth run.
SS2: Quite a few half/spins, saved from a big accident though which is good. Couldn't get a good rhythm.
SS3: Having a good rhythm but then hit a bad patch and slid off the road, tried to get a side impact but decided to spin the other way in to a tree. most anoying this was it was a slow hit and it still killed the car -.-
SS4: Good feeling in the stage, no mistakes. just trying to go at my own pace now.
SS5: ok so it all seemed fine in the car, but as soon as I get to the chicane the wheels kept locking and I had no steering. Then I hit the chicane at a low pace and the car bursts into flames!
SS6: Great Rhythm in the stage, very pleased with my pace.
SS7: Nice pace, a few mistakes here and there but nothing major.
SS8: Good Rhythm, no big issues.
SS9: Car acting very strangely, brakes lock very easily so that slowed me down a lot.
SS10: Not a bad stage, felt comfortable at my pace.
SS11: Quite enjoyable, no mistakes and a good rhythm.
SS12: Minus going wide and off the road, my stage of the rally. Great rhythm and nice pace.
SS13: Mater temperature was high at the start of the stage so I just went through at low revs and shortshiting to the end to save the car.
SS14: Really enjoyed that stage, kept getting progressively quicker which was great.

Nothing worse than "shortshiting" in a rally car. Makes the seat all messy.

Sorry that made me laugh. Looking forward to this one as I may have found a setup which allows me to turn corners on dry gravel.

One of the more difficult rallies I've run here, but thankfully I was able to avoid the main hazards out there and finished the rally with no retirements and just a single cfh when I slid off the edge of the road not long after the start of SS4. That said Damien's pace was too strong for me and I only finished ahead due to his unfortunate issues on the PTD stages (that turn for the finish is so easy to miss if you don't know the stage well).

Is the final session still at 21:00 or already at 20:00(CET)? I got confused by Dubravko's post...

Very slippery on some stages, first time in Daniel Bonara felt like driving on ice :D

Oh yes, true. But that could also be down to tyre choice and wheel calibration(it didn't handle well at all without re-calibration beforehand).

Great, now that I click public, I get an error message and no sessions are displayed...

EDIT: Applied the patch a 2nd or 3rd time, now it works again.

Rallysim, wth...

Hello i put to star in the EU4 to do my rally, but i´ve not noticed what the car was in the rsrbr and i enter with a wrong car.... I need to get out of the session to change the car but when i try to enter again the session doesn´t appear...
It is possible to create a session to do my rally or you to create if it is authorised. I know that it was my fault but i have a bay at home and distraccions is happening at 100%...

Been pretty busy this week, so just sneaking in EU4 now... Open up RSCenter "Update to 2.4 ...." Mad rush, but managed to update in time for the rally. Completely fresh though, haven't done any practice.

SS1 - Not so good, way off the pace. But it was clean at least.

Gonna go for Intermediates for the next loop, since the wet stage is only 4km, and wet gravel would be horrific on SS5.
SS2- Not very comfortable here, every bump would send my car crazy. Had a spin, and a missed junction. Lost a lot of time.
SS3- Ugh, stuck in a ditch in the beginning of the stage, lost about 20 seconds.
SS4- Really hard to keep on the road, like driving on ice.
SS5- No grip here either, really wish I had a handbrake for some of those hairpins..

SS6- Felt quite comfortable, but went off a cliff near the end, losing a lot of time.
SS7- Felt OK, no mistakes.
SS8- Slow.
SS9- After completing the lap I feel through a hole in the ground, after a few seconds of free-fall my game crashed. Since I couldn't save a replay, probably gonna be a retirement.
SS10 - Fine
SS11 - Aggh! I messed up that ending loop thingo, so that's a retirement - without crashing. :/
SS12 - Fine
SS13- Again, OK. I had an accident and a steaming bonnet, but no problems.

SS14- Cut a bit too much a curb, and went rolling multiple times. Completely wrecked my suspension and steering. But otherwise OK.

---

Frustrating rally. Really not happy with my pace. And two retirements, neither caused by faulty driving is really annoying. But C'est la vie, two more rounds to go, gotta make sure I get practice in.

I'm finally getting back to my old self again after 2 relatively poor rallies. Things went really well for me. Highlights were the 2 runs through Pirka Menoko and Sipirkakim where each time i got progressively faster. I did have some issues on the final stage when my car had some weird crazy brake bias. This resulted in putting her on her side after hitting an anti cut, *( CFH unfortunately ) followed by a weird spin onto the grass which took some time to recover from.

Apart from that I'm happy with finally no DNF's and me actually driving the car properly for the first time.

And Jack, even though you sometimes have bathroom issues in your car you know how to set up a rally route. I really enjoyed jumping between tar and gravel.

Good luck guys, I'm off for some of my Bro's birthday cake, PEACE!!!

Great rally, great stage mixture, long and hard, just like it should be, but....not i blew it. I made too many mistakes between ss1 and ss5. I also made stupid mistake at first Tanner and one of PTD so in total i had 2 CFH and three spins with plenty of time to lose. Anyway, my goal for these few rallyes is to make it to the finish with some points in my pocket. In RDRC2 it should be enough to stay 1. and in overall i dont think that Magnar will make some mistake and that he will not take 2.place.

Alasdair, great driving tonight. We had some fight from time to time.
See you all next time!!!

Hello i put to star in the EU4 to do my rally, but i´ve not noticed what the car was in the rsrbr and i enter with a wrong car.... I need to get out of the session to change the car but when i try to enter again the session doesn´t appear...
It is possible to create a session to do my rally or you to create if it is authorised. I know that it was my fault but i have a baby at home and distraccions is happening at 100%...

Nobody answers me... :( Who can i talk about this situation?
It is possible to me to create a session and make the rally to send the replays or not?

Damn, turns out Noikker was only retirement and I fought pretty nice with Alasdair&Emil, who even showed us who's the boss on some stages with his BMW Mini(or should I call it Fake-Mini?).

Really happy with the 2nd loop of Daniel Bonera, PTD Rallysprint and Castrezato. Especially the 2nd run on PTD was good, I didn't repeat the same errors(I nearly went straight on the first run, then turned around and lost over 5 seconds) and got even faster in dusk conditions.

As for Castrezato: I was on fire! No excuses for a circuit racer!:D

I wonder what could have been if not for me standing on the brakes too sharply and sending my Intermediate-wheeled Fiestainto the woods. I don't even know what I've hit, but I only managed to trundle downwards to the next split at 33% of the stage, then stop as I had no forward motion:(

I hope I managed to get at least one SS win... because I am not sure if I can make it into the Top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 305 27.6%