RD Formula Manager - Season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omer Said

Weresloth
Premium
Up for a simple yet strategic forum game which puts you to the pitwall of a Formula 1 racing team? If your answer is "yes", then you have come to the right place!

It is a very easy game to play, but formulating advanced strategies is the area you need to work on. Please take your time to read the rest of this post to get the basics of the game. Please don't be afraid of the long introduction. ;) Please also see FAQ at the 3rd post of this thread.

REGISTRATIONS ARE ALWAYS OPEN!

GETTING STARTED
-First of all you need to build a team. Choose a name for your team and select two colors (main and secondary).
-Of course a team cannot go without a driver. Check out the marketplace which is on the 2nd post of this topic. Buy a driver (You can buy maximum 3 drivers). Your team's starting credits is 2000. You can gain more by finishing races or completing sponsor objectives.
-Next you need to select a sponsor. It is also located at the 2nd post of this topic. You can change your sponsor between the races.
-You are ready to go! Now wait for the first test session at RD Arena, it's very soon...

QUALIFYING SESSION
-Qualifying is a bit random (you can increase your chances with qualifying upgrades tough) and you just need to predict numbers for each of your drivers. Randomizer selects a number between 0-100, and the closest prediction gets the pole. Rest is lined up according to their prediction's distance to the selected number.
-You will send me your predictions via private messages, do not post them here in public.

RACE
-Your drivers start on "Steady" pace on default. It is a turn-based game and each day i update the race with the current orders i retrieve from the players. You give your orders by just replying in this thread, and that is all you need to do play this game. I use a detailed and rather complex MS Excel sheet to calculate the race.
-In between the turns, you can order your drivers to change their pace, tell them to use their KERS or call them to pits.
-There are 7 paces:
---- give all (wears the car, the most tyre wear, fast speed and better for overtaking, high fuel consumption, risky for collisions with other cars)
---- push (wears the car (implemented post-5th race patch)fast speed, good for overtaking, chance of collision, high tyre wear, high fuel consumption)
---- aggressive (medium speed, medium tyre wear and fuel consumption, no risk of collision)
---- steady (medium speed, medium tyre wear and fuel consumption, no risk of collision)
---- easy (lower speed, lower tyre wear and fuel consumption, no risk of collision)
---- save tyres (lowest speed, lowest tyre wear and little fuel consumption, no risk of collision)
---- focus (limited usage in races, the best pace overall. look to marketplace for more details)

WEATHER SYSTEM
-There are five different weather conditions (hot, warm, cloudy, shower, rain). Excel adjusts the weather randomly each turn, but there can't be drastic changes suddenly. It is a staged system as hot can only pass to warm, while cloudy can pass to either warm or shower.
-Each condition affects the track wetness differently. There are six wetness levels and each affect tyres differently. Cloudy does not affect the track condition. There are three compounds to choose (dry, intermediate, rain)
-Choosing tyres which are unsuitable with the track wetness give speed penalty to the car.

TYRE and FUEL SYSTEM
-Each turn your car wear it's tyres and consume some fuel. You can refuel the car and change the tyres with a pitstop. Your default tyre heath and fuel tank are 100 points. You can upgrade them from the marketplace.
-Less fuel means more speed, but an empty fuel tank means a retirement.
-When the tyre wear level goes below 40, your driver began to suffer speed loss. The speed loss increases as you descend below 30, 20, 10 and come to 0.

DEVELOPING THE TEAM
-After the end of every race, you get money according to your finishing position and sponsor objectives. Between the races, the marketplace is open and you can buy anything you can afford.

SUMMARY
-It might seem a little complicated at the beginning, but don't be afraid! Just create your team and get ready for the race. Learning by trying is really simple with this game. You will know the basics after 5-6 turns of the first race.
-You can join to the game anytime you want. Either mid-race, or in the middle of the season, anytime!
-We played a similar game to this one before, and you can check it's thread (CLICK HERE) to get some ideas. But be warned as this one is totally overhauled and greatly changed.
-Please ask if you have any questions. Suggestions are also greatly welcomed. I developed this game mainly with the feedback of our dear players at the previous versions.

CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS
Drivers
upload_2014-9-11_2-36-20.png

Constructors
upload_2014-9-11_2-36-33.png

Manager Stats

upload_2014-9-11_2-35-56.png

Point Allocation
  1. ------ 25 points
  2. ------ 20 points
  3. ------ 17 points
  4. ------ 15 points
  5. ------ 13 points
  6. ------ 10 points
  7. ------ 8 points
  8. ------ 6 points
  9. ------ 4 points
  10. ------ 1 points
Prize Money
  1. ------ 1600 credits
  2. ------ 1400 credits
  3. ------ 1200 credits
  4. ------ 1100 credits
  5. ------ 1000 credits
  6. ------ 900 credits
  7. ------ 850 credits
  8. ------ 800 credits
  9. ------ 750 credits
  10. ------ 500 credits
All the rest ------ 350 credits

CALENDAR (Dates are purely cosmetic)
  • Test Session - RD Arena /// 04-09 March
  1. Dutch Grand Prix - RD Arena /// 05-07 April --- Won by M. Hakkinen (Aidan Keranen)
  2. Italian Grand Prix - Monza /// 19-21 April --- Won by M. Schumacher (Sasha Jednak)
  3. German Grand Prix - Nurburgring /// 10-12 May --- Won by M. Schumacher (Sasha Jednak)
  4. Turkish Grand Prix - Istanbul Park /// 14-16 June --- Won by M. Schumacher (Sasha Jednak)
  5. French Grand Prix - Magny Cours /// 05-07 July --- Won by M. Schumacher (Sasha Jednak)
  6. Spanish Grand Prix - Albacete /// 19-21 July --- Won by A. Senna (Sasha Jednak)
  7. British Grand Prix - Donington /// 02-04 August --- Won by M. Schumacher (Sasha Jednak)
  8. Brazilian Grand Prix - Curitiba /// 16-18 August --- Won by A. Senna (Sasha Jednak)
  9. USA Grand Prix - Austin /// 23-25 August --- Won by J. Villeneuve (Steven Poirier)
  10. Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal /// 06-08 September --- Won by M. Hakkinen (Aidan Keranen)

Last edited:
TEAM LIST
upload_2014-9-12_17-51-47.png

SPONSOR TYPES (Each driver gets prize money individually)

Type A - (Qualify in top 5)
Prize: 600 credits

Type B - (Finish in top 5)
Prize: 800 credits

Type C - (Finish in top 10)
Prize: 500 credits

Type D - (Win the race)
Prize: 1500 credits

Type E - (Finish the race)
Prize: 250 credits

Type F - (Finish in top 15)
Prize: 350 credits

MARKETPLACE
(Your team's starting credits is 2000)
(Leveled items require their previous levels to be bought)

Professional Drivers - 1600 cr
Juan Pablo Montoya, Jean Alesi, Damon Hill,

Medium Drivers - 1200 cr
Adrian Sutil, Sergio Perez, Pastor Maldonado, Eddie Irvine, Heikki Kovalainen, Timo Glock, Takuma Sato, Ralf Schumacher, Pedro de la Rosa, Vitaly Petrov, Sebastien Buemi, Jaime Alguersuari, Alexander Wurz, Olivier Panis, Allan McNish, Mika Salo, Martin Brundle, Alex Zanardi,

Amateur Drivers - 1000 cr
Fabio Leimer, Sakon Yamamoto, Fairuz Fauzy, Alex Moore, Robert Haus, Jeff Labonte, Mark Gordon, Andy Soucek, Emerson Perez, Justin Wilson, Davide Valsecchi, Tiago Montiero, Gary Paffett,

Pitcrew Training Level 1 - 500 cr
Decreases pitstop times.

Pitcrew Training Level 2 - 1000 cr
Decreases pitstop times

Driver Training Program Level 1 - 750 cr
Your drivers are trained for more speed and better overtaking

Driver Training Program Level 2 - 1500 cr
Your drivers use their paces more efficiently

Tyre Upgrade - 400 cr
10 points added to your tyre health. Can be bought repeatedly. (MAXIMUM=200 health)

Fuel Tank Upgrade - 400 cr
10 points added to your fuel tank. Can be bought repeatedly. (MAXIMUM=150 points)

KERS Unit - 100 cr
Use these to gain speed boost for one turn. All of your drivers get one unit with one purchase. Can be bought repeatedly. (MAXIMUM=25)

Private Testing - 750 cr
You can use "Focused" pace for each of your drivers 5 times in the next race. Can be bought before every race.

Diffuser Upgrade - 500 cr (DIFFUSER UPGRADE is DISABLED WITH the POST-5th RACE PATCH)
"Give all" pace gives no damage to the car.

Reliability Upgrade - 500 cr
+5 points to your maximum car health.

Chassis Upgrade Level 1 - 500 cr
Increases speed and overtaking power of your car.

Chassis Upgrade Level 2 - 1000 cr

Chassis Upgrade Level 3 - 1200 cr

Engine Upgrade Level 1 - 700 cr
Increases the speed of the car efficiently.

Engine Upgrade Level 2 - 1200 cr

Engine Upgrade Level 3 - 1700 cr

Qualifying Training Level 1 - 500 cr
Number prediction range shrinks to 0-75

Qualifying Training Level 2 - 500 cr
Number prediction range shrinks to 0-40

Qualifying Training Level 3 - 750 cr
Number prediction range shrinks to 0-15

Last edited:
You can use this template to sign up:
Team Name:
Color1:
Color2:

Looks complicated, but it's not actually. Please give it a try. :thumbsup: I would love to have some questions about the new features by the way.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q - Can i join mid-season to the game?
A - Of course! Registrations are always full (unless we get too many managers, which i never expect). When you join while there is a race, your drivers directly start from their garages and join to the race. But if you join while there is a race, you can't buy upgrades before the race's finish.

Q - Can i sell my drivers?
A - Yes, you can sell them for a half of their original price.

Q - If i replace a driver, Driver Training Program (DTP) is still active for the new one too?
A - Yes, if you buy the DTP, it affects your all drivers, future and present.

Q - Weather, tyre, fuel changes affect the race directly, or the next turn?
A - When i calculate a turn, i always use the fuel, tyre, damage, weather and such stats from the latest image posted in the thread.

Q - How can i use DRS?
A - Drivers use it automaticly when they enter to DRS zones.

Q - Can i give team orders to my drivers?
A - Yes, you can give a kind of "X is faster than you" order and let your favorite driver to pass the other without any overtaking-randomization.

Q - What is the maximum damage my car can take?
A - 20, when it reaches to that number, your driver retires.

Q - Do i have to give my orders for every single turn?
A - No, when you tell your drivers to go on a certain pace, they go on until you decide to change it. Only thing you need to tell them every single turn is KERS usage.

Q - Can i change my sponsor between the races?
A - Yes, of course you can.

Q - Is there a random crash system? Can drivers do mistakes?
A - To avoid too much randomness, there is no random crash system. Only crash possibility occurs when a driver with either 'push/give all' tries to overtake another driver with 'push/give all'. Both drivers using "give all" increases the chances of a collision. However, a single collision does not mean sudden-retirement for both drivers. They take a certain number of damage.

Q - Is there an overtaking randomization between the drivers in different laps?
A - No, they pass each other directly when they come together on track. It is so to prevent unfair blockage by the lapped drivers.

Q - Can i go on a maximum wet track with dry tyres?
A - Yes, but know that your driver will experience severe speed loss, very very severe.

Q - How to pit? How are pitstops?
A - Just tell your driver to pit, but remember that only one driver of you can be pitted at the same time. If you call 2 or 3 drivers, others have to wait for the first one's pitstop. In the pitstops, you can refuel your car to a certain amount of fuel according to your fuel tank (default is 100), your tyres are changed and their health's are maximised. Also your damage is repaired completely. Repairing or adding more fuel does not affect pitstop length.

Q - Can i hide my strategies from the rival managers? Can i give my orders via private messaging to you?
A - No, all orders has to be shared in the thread publicly. BUT you can hide your starting fuel/try compound from the other managers, so that you can tell me only that before a race via PM. Also keep in mind that qualifying numbers are shared via PM as well.

Q - How is the "finish the race" sponsor, points allocation and points finish prize money work if i retire before the finish, but be in top 10 due to cars behind are lapped more than me?
A
- In any case, if you are in top 10, you will get championship points and the prize money for that finishing position. But in order to achieve the sponsor type "Finish the race", you have to complete at least %80 of the race (which is 8 laps). And if you reach to the finish line after even more than 2 laps (that means you could not complete the %80 race distance) of the leader, you will get the sponsor money anyway for reaching to the finish line.

Q - Latecomers to the game are disadvantaged as they don't get the prize money from the races they missed. How can they keep up with the rest?
A - Not a complete compensation, but every late-comer to the game will get 350 credits for each race they missed.

Q - Can i give my orders for the further turns? If i have to be offline for a few days, can i give my orders for a several future turns?
A - Only order you can give for further than the next turn is the pitstop lap of your drivers. You can't give orders such as "use KERS there, change the pace to that etc..." Only you can say "pit that lap etc..."

Last edited:
Team Name: Ferrari red-night
Color1: Red
Color2: White

Pit crew training should decrease time, right?;)
If I'm accepted, then:
driver 1: Anthony Davidson
driver 2: Lucas di Grassi

Hello ;)

Renault F1 Team (Subject to Change)

Colours - Colour 1 and Colour 2 (basically the 2006 Renault Colours) ;)

Sponsors: (I'm in talks with some companies, i'll tell you soon)

Drivers: Undecided (as of yet)

(Just noticed the template...)

Team Name: Renault F1 Team (Subject to change)
Colour1: Light Blue
Colour2: Yellow (basically Renault 2006 Colours) (Omer, my actual team is below ;))

Alright, let me start again ;)

Team Name: Forza Turismo Racing IIII
Color1: Green
Color2: Red

Driver 1: Alex Yoong
Driver 2: Kazuki Nakajima

Sponsor Type C (Finish in Top 10)

Test Session is underway. Remember that you can join to this game anytime! Currently, you can create your team and hop into the track directly. :thumbsup:

Let's see the who will get the fastest lap time in the test session :) ... You have unlimited amount of laps, but the test session is limited to 30 TURNS! Of course, we can finish earlier if all desires to start the actual races as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back