RBR Driving Tips

Hey there guys!

Just thought about having a thread to post our RBR Driving tips, techniques,etc; and even to ask others about specific techniques and tips.
This would improve our Rally Clubs and Championships experience as they would be more competitive. It would also help many "RBR starters".
It would be a kind of RD Rally School :p

What do you think about it ??

So, I'll start:
-Look to the corner apex when turning;
-Concentrate and pay attention to the PACENOTES;
-DON'T floor the throttle and try to reach full speed everywhere;
-Brake early and gently.

Q:
-How do you guys when its time to change gear? I try to do it by hearing the car sound, but on some cars it is hard :S
-Enter on turns with a gear that's hitting the rev and change to a higher gear after exiting the turn or enter the corner already on the other gear?
-Slide/Drift or go smoothly?

Vodka makes you faster.. unfortunately it also makes you crash way more often.. And when you crash - you crash hard!!
The suggestion about bath sounds interesting. I guess I have never been so nervous about some SimRacing event. But maybe it will be helpful sometime :) Thanks.

Hey, after almost a year without racing I'm re-starting the racing sim life :D .
... I luckily got a extra pretty much broken G25 set (only the gear stick works correctly :p).
So, I'm using the "original" G25 sequential stick to the gears and the other stick as the handbrake. Doing this in hope of getting a more real rally feeling, and I think it is giving it.
The problem is after all this time using paddles switching to the stick is SOO HARD, especially on gravel, lowering [dramatically] the times. On tarmac the transition is pretty "easy".

Thus, I wanted to know if any of you guys use the sequential stick ? If yes, ANY advice / tip / help would be very helpful.
Also, for those who use it too, when do you usually change gears: after finishing braking or during the braking / while sliding (in the case of gravel) ? With the paddles it was all great as I had both hands on the wheel, and the paddles just right there. Now I'm totally desynchronized: have to manage the wheel with one hand, gear with another, and still pay attention to the screen, ufff.

Thanks in advance !! :D

Hey bro! nice to see you're back Chelton :) I use a sequential shifter but the one that's built in with the Driving Force GT and i like it a lot, I lower then gears when braking but if you only have to slow down the speed a little then don't brake and just lower a gear, sometimes it's better to lower a gear and sometimes it's better to be in a high gear and brake with the pedal, and yes it's a lot of work with the hands the wheel and shifting!

Good luck

Im not sure why but the H-Shifter didnt lower my times that much. Maybe first few runs because I couldnt concentrate on both - shifter and wheel and made some heavy mistakes. But after those few runs I got used to it and my times started to get better compared to when I used the paddles. It doesnt make any sense but it just felt more natural shifting with a stick than the paddles and I started to have better times.

Although I wish I would have bought G25 instead of G27 because sometimes I want to use the sequential shifter where its proper to exact cars. But meh.. I believe you will get used to that, Chelton :)

The one on the G27 is already quite fragile, I broke mine just a few months after buying it :redface: :D

How? :O I have mine for more than a year now and its in perfect condition. A friend of mine have G25 for a bit over than 4 years now and the way he is using it I can only be suprised how is that wheel still in one piece, but its nothing wrong with it. But with the way he is shifting.. And doing it for 4 years :X

I've never noticed any impact from tyre wear either.
If there is some indication from this plug-in, then maybe the amount of wear is not enough to affect the grip level. I'd expect little effect with such short stages anyway.

Also, the set-up guide that comes with the game suggests lowering tyre pressure for longer stages, because the pressure increases as the tyre heats. It's possible that the tyre stats in the post Senad is referencing is in fact tyre pressures.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 503 39.0%