Rally - Something that begins with S - Mon 16th & Tue 17th December 2013

I joined Andreas in the EUX session. Had a terrible but fun rally. Exactly what I expected :p

SS01: Felt amazingly fast because I barely controlled the car. I know the time sucks but it felt awesome :p
SS02: I think I actually finished this stage for the first time in my life. I`ve been driving it, but never finished. yay :)
SS03: This is stage I hate the most among all stages. False start + dozen times off the road (including I fell off the bridge and landed on the roof, surprisingly the car manager to roll it self on the wheels and even though it took loads of time - I managed to get back on track my self. Few crashes and 2.5km before finish I lost brakes along with drive shaft.. Awesome driving after that.

SS04: Fun, very fun. Hit those deadly rocks like 3 times and every time spun as well. Had some mistakes but I really love that stage, pacenotes could be slightly better though :)

SS05: Only because I knew this stage I edited that default setup. Also tried to go very careful but Im used to do this stage with gravel tires (on tarmac surface) so the steering felt so unusual and extreme that I went off the track plenty of times. Still fun.

SS06: Had no idea what stage it is until it finally loaded. I knew it only from some videos in youtube so I wanted to have some little fun here, but didnt survive that far. I dont think I even did full 2 kilometers :p The crash was pretty though :)

SS07: Oh.. when did I drove on that surface last time? :p Loved it and sucked at it at the same time.

So, thanks for another fun rally, as always I enjoyed it a lot.Also thanks for the whole club-rally season, you guys did superb job. Good luck for those who are only about to start this rally. :)

I'll begin with: The Skoda still has some Dodgy physics even after it was fixed in one of the patches :speechless:

SS1 - Shepherds Shield:

Had a resonable run, made a couple of misstakes when the car suddenly understeered without any warning and I saw a bit of scenery closer than I would have liked, lost a couple of seconds in these incidents.

SS2 - Sweet Lamb II:

Was going allright, had a brilliant opening to the stage and then went off where I allready knew it was possible. Bottomed out in the fast left you have and that saw me far off into the scenery.
Coming through the gate hole I made a slight missjudgement and I ended up hitting the inside bank and it spat me off into the scenery and spent around 35 seconds getting back up the hill 500-600 meters further down the road.

SS3 - Sipirkakim:

Was a good and fun stage. Still filled with sudden understeer moments and I made a misstake which lost me quite a few seconds......

SS4 - Swiss Gravel:

What a Farce...........

Got into a good grove to begin with but then the rear end came around out of a sudden, not sure if I touched the grass or what happened but it just came round and there were no way to keep out of the road-work warning signs.
Happened once more further down the stage and I also arrived too fast at one corner loosing time reversing and getting back onto the gravel.

SS5 - Stryckovy-Zadni:

:sick:

Sums up the stage very well.

Was going allright until I got out of the first village and was going up the hill after the bridge and the rear end, again, came out without warning and it saw me in the trees :devilish:

SS6 - Sieversdorf:

Was allright. Went off once when I had another sudden understeer going in second gear around one of the corners, not pushing in any way :unsure:

Then had a misstake by me missjudging a bend and it saw me in the wine-fields with a broken gearbox, stake over :(

SS7 - Sikakama:

Was going allright and was keeping up with Roy to the first split. Then, again, the rear end came out in a 3rd gear left and it saw me off.
It happened again 2 km's later and that saw me in the trees with a broken radiator.

Had lost a few seconds but was still going allright when the engine overheated and died, Had the weather been better I would had been able to see the finish :cry:

Was a bit of fun but most of the time I was swearing over how the car was handling or over the misstakes I was making :cautious:

Thank you Roy and Ole Marius for your work with the Rally Club, has been a lot of fun since I joined earlier this year :)

Ok, so when i clicked go on SS3 RSRBR spat me out straight away! I didn't even get to the menu before it crashed. The only way i was able to get it working again was to exit RSRBR which classified me retired. Is there any way of adjusting my times, or is it just tough luck? If not then that's fine, don't worry about it! I screenshot My Times for proof as well :)

Also can i just say thank you very much to the people you organise and run this! It seems like you have a great wee community on here :)

When I jumped in the middle of OC session today I actually felt very good with Skoda in the last stage. Did a dumb mistake which led me to a huge crash and I just gave up (the car actually survived). But in the first 2 splits, driving Skoda, I was faster than my own times with N12 in EUX session. Even faster than those with N14 in OC :p Fun car, actually :)

Cant wait for your video though, they seem to be always funny :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 178 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 495 39.2%