Rally - Rally Sweden - Mon 10th & Tue 11th February 2014

What a nice way to spend your early morning :D

Woke up about 1h30 mins ago and after a couple cups of :coffee: I was thought I was ready :roflmao:
I also thought I would be driving alone but found Rhys had joined for the rest of the rally. Sad to see that you could't make it to the first stage as it was a very nice fight with you during all of the rally where we see-sawed best stage times in the session :D

SS1 - Karlstad:

Took it very nice and easy as I wasn't sure how the car would feel after not driving it for a while. Went allright and a nice time after having been off the road once and taking it easy over the jumps :)

SS2 - Shepherds Shield:

Tried to up the speed a bit after Karlstad and as this stage usually suits me I thought it would work.
Unfortunately it didn't and I had 2 spins and I also, for the first time ever, had a dig-in in the last turn and it threw me into the publicum. Not a beautiful sight :sick:
Was a few seconds quicker than Rhys :geek:

SS3 - Autiovaara II:

Struggled through this stage just as usual when I drive in it :cautious:

15 seconds or so off Rhys :unsure:

SS4 - Sikakama:

Was very difficult to see out of the window, my Folkrace VW has better wipers than the Skoda :roflmao:

Flew through the stage and didn't put a foot wrong. With a bit of luck I might be in with a shot to win the stage :)

Was faster than Rhys, can't remember how much though :unsure:

SS5 - Mustaselka:

Had another difficult time as I don't usually run through this stage and I did the best I could but was slower than Rhys by quite a bit. Had a spin about mid-stage as well which didn't help my time (racing drivers excuse?) :whistling:

SS6 - Mineshaft:

Was going allright until we got to the second part of the mountain side where I got a bit too sideways and the rear end gripped the edge and I unfortunately flew off the road and had a forced CFH :(

Rhys had trouble and well and we were close in time :)

SS7 - Kaihuavaara:

Took it quite easy through the stage as there are many desceptive and dangrous turns in this stage and I had a resonable time coming out of it.

Can't remember but I think Rhys was a bit quicker here :)

SS8 - Cote D'Arbroz II:

Had a very nice and collected (sideways all over the place but never close to a big crash) through the stage and had a lot of fun :roflmao:

Unfortunately Rhys retired, I don't know what happned though :(

Had a lot of fun on the snow of this event :D

Hoping for a good result but I know that my 2 CFH's and couple of spins will make it difficult to get a top 5 because the cars are so closely matched :cautious::)

Last edited:
Nice battling with you Jonatan. I didn't make the first stage because I didn't remember I had a rally to attend until quarter past!

Wasn't very happy with my rally to be honest. The brakes on the SX4 are useless. That combined with no practice beforehand doesn't make for a fun experience, especially in these cars. Thinking that I'll rule out all A8W cars when making my car choice for RDRC... :speechless:

BEST RALLY EVER for me (given the circumstances).

On Saturday my subwoofer died. Satellites don't work without it. I got lucky and found some old laptop speakers.
Signed up from my mobile phone, which is new, and therefore draining attention and time.
So to say, no practice, and when joining at 18:04 local time I found out the sound was so crappy I just couldn't hear engine revs or tires.

I spun, had CFHs, hit spectators and just tried to come through. NO DNFs at least, but my times were way down. My driving was utterly terrible. I hope noone saw it:laugh:
Anyway, back to looking for a new surround set...
Thanks for a (normaly) cool and icy event^^

Ah, the never ending discussion about camera views!
I usually use the cockpit view in all games as well, but as RBR have so much difference between each car, I find the bumper-cam the easiest to use :)

For sure the easiest, yes. Some cars (like the SX4, and the Ibiza Kit-car if I remember right) have just appauling cockpit views, don't know why.

But for the cars I normally drive in championships, I go into the carIniManager and finetune the view to my liking, so that I don't have to rely on camhack :)

Awesome stuff from Pinky and Karl there. Given my roll on SS3 and how close Erik was to me after 8 stages I think my 3rd place is lucky. That said 3 podiums in as many club rallies makes me happy inside and the WRC spec cars have never been a strong point of mine.

I won Mineshaft again... same as in the WRC vs. GrB rally. I really do love that stage for one reason or another and commit to the corners really well in the second split as I think I am almost consistently 5 seconds off what most guys do through the first. Hoping Mineshaft makes frequent appearances in RDRC for my sakes XD

Great rally once again and brilliantly organised by the rally club admins as ever. The Skoda was such a pleasant surprise for this rally and I really enjoyed myself.

- Oscar.

Oh why, ooohh whyyyyyyy did I take it easy on SS1 :cry:

"Maybe it's because you've crashed every time you've tried to push in a WRC car on that stage" - The Angel on my left shoulder

"It's because you've crashed every time you've tried to push in a WRC car on that stage" - The Devil on my right shoulder

Very happy with a top 10 considering the compeition in this rally. Sad to see that without my "un-needed" CFH's I could have been even further up but oh well, all in all very happy with a Top 10 :D

See you all next week :)

@Karl Raudsepp

6w016.jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline