Rally - Rally Sweden - Mon 10th & Tue 11th February 2014

Would I be able to request another session at 2am GMT Wednesday? Personal stuff has meant that the OC session was a writeoff. Sorry for the inconvenience guys, and I understand if it's not possible...

Roy said yes :)

Thanks for the Rally Organisers, this will most probably be my last event :(
What? :(

It's last minute but Erik Engman - Erik Engman - A8W_07 - Citroën Xsara WRC - EUY

At least I think there's room still.

New batch of cars - still want the 07 Xsara?

Uff! Probably should have tried the car beforeahand... Jumped onto ss1 and then realised how small the visible area is inside the cockpit. Didn't bother to camhack it from ss2, as I knew it'd be a waste of time anyway, so i just ragged it:

On ss1 i landed on some spectators right after the jump, so not a good start... With the weather on ss4 it was almost impossible to see anything, so i just had to switch to bumper view. Although it was much easier and fun to drive, I still feel like a cheat inside, so I went back to the cockpit view afterwards.
But to no great avail. ss5 was going quite well, until i got to the snake part in the middle, managed to hit rocks two times (would have definitely been a retirement had it been in realistic) and further down i hit a tree and the gearbox got stuck in 2nd gear.
I started mineshaft but unfortunately I was not having fun enough so I just quit. It is entirely my fault because I didn't try the car, Thumbs up guys for setting another "WRC" event which was challenging!
Also took the chance that my swedish co-driver is home, so I'll go practice some note-reading on youtube for my rally this weekend :)

Andy Oakley- Andy Oakley- A8W_08 - Ford Focus WRC - EUY

(If I'm in time!)

Ah, my Rally Centre is an hour out, hence me thinking I might make the start... ignore this post.

As always, great fun. This car was surprisingly fun to drive, despite virtually no practice. No DNFs and I think I managed to stay out of the ditches fairly well, think I did a little better thab Kubica in the real rally. :)

Saved times and replays this time around, so where do I send the time file?

As always, great fun. This car was surprisingly fun to drive, despite virtually no practice. No DNFs and I think I managed to stay out of the ditches fairly well, think I did a little better thab Kubica in the real rally. :)

Saved times and replays this time around, so where do I send the time file?

We have a program that retrieves the times :) We ask for saving in case something is wrong :)

Oh well, I must say that my rally went... as planned. This might be the one rally I have a self-inflicted pressure - and I feel I should win or get very close to a win.

Struggled a bit on the stages without snowbanks, but as soon as they arrived, it went well.
Decided to play it safe on the last 4 stages, and that showed on the times. Was quite far away from the PB's on those. But overall went well. Should be able to get a top 3 overall here, hopefully fighting for a win.

That was fun. Sadly lost too much time on Sikakama and Kaihuavaara. No idea why I was so slow there. I was pushing like hell, but still lost ~2 sec per km to Myrvold(well driven ;) ). Maybe changing setup a bit might help...

RSCenter is running CET, which currently is GMT+1 :)

I can set up a session if you want to drive alone?

Thanks for the offer but it's no problem, I had a go on all the stages in order offline just now to see what's what and really enjoyed it so I'll have a go at the next rally you guys organise... Only just got RBR so I'm just learning stuff.

Thanks again

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back