Rally - Rally Sweden - Mon 10th & Tue 11th February 2014

Again, too damn stupid mistakes.

SS1: Hit the tirepile in the last long left hander, lost too few seconds.
SS2: Dont know what the heck, but was crossing the first bridge and the car just hit something. Too stupid to save the replay ofc:D
SS3: Rolled the car when got a bit wide, there came the cfh:(
SS4: This stage went well, only one little mistake, had to take all off when sliding a bit wide. Won Juha by 18 seconds, gotcha buddy:giggle:
SS5: Nothing too serious there, went through well.
SS6: Had one little spin. Had a little luck with me, when not falling into the ditch.
SS7: It was ok, could been much quicker though
SS8: Yep, had to retire. Hit nose first on the killer wooden fence and gearbox got stuck into 3rd and the car stalled. If I had a back window in my room, I would do the Sainz thing. (WRC finale 1998):p

Any hope of winning was wrecked in the second stage. Just have to remind myself, that first you have to stay on the road, then you can go fast:rolleyes:

great fun, but really difficult - how do you guys post such fast times??? :thumbsup:

stage 4: couldn't see anything and kept 'losing' the road completely!

lol at the Oz marshals in shorts in the snow!!

I can only get better ;)

SS1: This stage is an interesting one. All the pace notes seemed to be overly optimistic so after a drift wide in turn 1 I just slowed the Fabia down a tad and brought it home as best I could. Not stunning but a good stage none the less.
SS2: Enjoyed this stage after tip toeing the first sector to determine the grip and how the pace notes translated on to a slightly less grippy surface. I pinned it in the second and third sectors and set a reasonable time but lost out on the stage win in the EU session.
SS3: Heh... me and this stage have never gotten on and today was no different. Turn 4 and I am rolling down the road. Fairly heavy damage and one more spin in the stage. Lost about 25 seconds in the end but no cfh meant it was a lucky escape.
SS4: Power oriented stage which meant a good time in the Fabia was going to be a struggle. That said I pushed it absolutely as much as I could without binning it and managed to eek a win in the session.
SS5: Not overly keen on this one but I pushed through fairly well and without incident. Nothing inspiring in terms of pace but kept it clean.
SS6: Mineshaft in the snow. Puddles of brown before I even set off and it showed in the first sector as I gently drifted round. That said I like the stage and it came to me and I pushed through in the latter parts of the stage to take the win in the EU session.
SS7: Eh... I hooked this one up for once. I never do but this time I did and actually enjoyed it. I think the Fabia is to thank for that as it might not be juiced with power but she handles like a peach.
SS8: Lucky for me I remember having to do Cote d'arboz II in the past on a dark and wet gravel surface so I was ready for the precautions that would be needed. The other guys in the session seemed to struggle but I just let it roll most of the way and managed to secure the stage win in session and the overall win for the EU session by a couple of minutes.

Truly happy with how this went even though it will be far from an overall win. I've never been that good with the turbo power in the modern WRC cars but the distinct lack of umpf in the Skoda meant it suited me very well. Another club rally complete without a dnf or cfh, that makes three on the bounce now and I am thoroughly enjoying RBR and the RD rally formats once again.

See you all next time.

- Oscar.

Meh, came home just a little bit too late but I knew that I wont be able to do it tomorrow so entered EU session and started with SS2 as I was too late for SS1. Now I feel really sorry because it might have been first retirement free rally for me in a long time :p

So started with SS2, with no preparations or setups done just a rough idea about that we are having snow rally this week. Rolled the car pretty soon on SS2 and had to do almost the whole stage with bent suspension but it was fun. Same happened on SS3. I didnt roll this time but bent the suspension somewhere pretty soon on the stage. Also - whats up with the tarmac textures? Those were awful.. Had some crashes and spins at SS4 and SS5. Had really nice start of SS6 but then few hairy moments and a few crashes again.. I was superb quick at SS7, at least I have never ever felt so good at that stage.. only the textures but it was fine UNTIL.. stupid media people was standing like in the most stupid place possible and I had no time to react and drove over them. I dont even feel sorry, such idiots must get killed :p I feel sorry about that stage time. I felt that it might have been a stage win without that CFH :( Did SS8 for fun only.. had some terrible crash at one of the first corners after which the car felt more like RWD than AWD so I just enjoyed the ride there.

Fun rally though. Loved it. I might consider this car :O

I decided to join Corey for the US session after realizing I might not be able to make the OC session.

Gave this car a quick test earlier and really enjoy it. Nice balance.

SS1-Clean stage, pretty happy.
SS2-Again, clean stage. Pretty happy with my pace, and really enjoying driving this car.
SS3-Not overly happy with that one. A roll in the first sector, luckily landed on all four wheels and got going again. Then some big air over a crest in the final sector saw me spin off into the snow. Luckily managed to get out again.
SS4-Horrible stage. Rolled very early on and completely borked my steering. Very difficult to keep the car on the road after that, especially on the straight sections.
SS5-Argh. Got stuck in a bush. Tried driving out but realized I couldn't and had to CFH.
SS6-Damaged my steering yet again! Slid into a low wall. But OK stage, car still felt OK although the steering was off center. I may have tiptoed down "Colin's Crest" though... :p
SS7-Finally another clean stage. Really good feeling throughout this stage, quite happy.
SS8-Again clean, pretty happy.

Well, that rally was kind of a sandwich for me. Four bad stages in the middle of four clean stages. Still, had fun driving. :D

Cheers to the organizers, and good luck to all those yet to run.

Would I be able to request another session at 2am GMT Wednesday? Personal stuff has meant that the OC session was a writeoff. Sorry for the inconvenience guys, and I understand if it's not possible...

I am so done right now.
Second time tonight the power has gone out, right in the middle of my session.
Try to get back into the session, join on the stage it crashed on, and the game crashes.
So now I cant even get the game to load to finish the last stages.
I'm done. :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

Regardless, thanks Keegan for the great battle up until some idiot hit a powerpole/substation explosion/whatever.
I'm just going to have get the job done next week. Fml

Great fight, Great rally! Took a while to get my confidence in the car and i really struggle on those Finnish stages, but after that hardly any mistakes except for a small spin and great fights with @Jack Hintz and @Keegan Buckley! Made it a lot more interesting! Bugger about Jack and his power issues though.. Was gonna see if i could make some time up ;) (Yeah right)
Thanks for the Rally Organisers, this will most probably be my last event :(

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 328 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years