Rally - Nordic Attack - Mon 3rd & Tue 4th March 2014

What a fun rally! Had a few crashes that would have send the car to the scrapyard and myself to the hospital, thank god this is a game :D and had to call for help on the first and last stages, otherwise quite please with it given that I had only driven the first stage before.

Really loved all the stages, I don't know if it's because they are short, or because the car just dances on those crests, or because it's a volvo :)

But seriously!!!!!! Loved SS4 and my time wasn't so bad, at least in the session, really enjoyed the narrow road... but everybody else must have crashed and called for help, because the pace on SS5> DAYUM! Are you all eFFing Kidding me!?! I don't know why I like rally, if I am so slow, I am an embarrassment to the rally world. I should just come back when I finally grow myseld a pair of real man balls.

Big thumbs up for the event guys, hadn't had this much fun in a long time! Great stuff, thanks for keeping this community alive, appreciated as always :)

EDIT: My second rally ever with no retirements... again in a RWD car! Seems like I should reconsider my choice for the RDRC :confused:

Hey guys, Im in US and im trying to start the session but when im in Public and i click on start online session I don't see any current active sessions. Its listed down below in the roadbook. Am i missing something?

Decided to join the US session.

SS1-Took it nice and easy here, enjoying the drive.
SS2-Lovely stage. I absolutely love camber. The car was great here too.
SS3-Pretty fun stage, having a ton of fun with car.
SS4-Pushed a bit harder on this stage. Starting to feel more confident that the car won't turn around on me.
SS5-Same again. The camber on these Swedish roads are brilliant, I really like them.
SS6-Big air on the jump in this stage. The gravelly bit in the end of the first sector gave me a fright - very low grip.
SS7-Ah no! It happened. I finally had a spin. Worse still, as I tried to turn it around I got stuck in a ditch. Lost about 35 seconds.
SS8-Pretty good stage, no spins this time.

Overall a pretty good rally. Very enjoyable. It's a shame about the spin and CFH, especially since otherwise it was a clean rally, no moments, no near misses, no hits. I think there's a lesson to be learned somewhere about driving within your limits. :p

Cheers to the organizers for this event. (More BTB Sweden stages in the future, please :D) Good luck to those still running.

Trying to drive tired just dont work. ****** up in the first split of the first stage where is the very fast left hander. Decided to cut there and a wild finnish rock appeared sending my poor Volvo in the air:( Was 47 seconds behind the lead on the second split, I was able to take something like 7 seconds off of it on the last sector, but still, 40 seconds behind the lead just is too much.

Second mistake was on the second Swedish stage when I got just a little wide on the crossroad and explored an invisible wall, got stuck and had to cfh. Sometimes these BTB stages can be jerks:D

Other stages went very well:) I just love to drive the big Volvo, it fits in my hand quite well:p And that Myyttäälä stage is awesome! Pacenotes are too slow, but otherwise, it's just great!

Thanks to everyone for the rally!:p

Decided to do the rally at the very last minute (literally; it was 1min over the starting time when I joined), and have been GT racing all day so I don't expect to get anywhere :p

SS1: Still in a state of rush, so 2 hidden rocks + not full attention = 2 cfh. Oh well.
SS2: Nice feel to the car, no mistakes.
SS3: Sideways action never gets old. Glad I joined the session.
SS4: No problems, great little stage.
SS5: Discovered the car isnt happy until it rests on its roof. None of this roll and a bit stuff.
On the most pathetic corner and everything :p But hey, it wouldn't be a nordic rally without at least one roll per rally now would it.
SS6: Apparently I got stuck in a fence. That is all. Oh and another big biff. :D
SS7: Volvo to me: "Hey I have a cool Idea, lets roll on every corner now, and maybe get stuck on the grass, that could be cool :D"

SS8: Gave up and went balls out. It seemed to work.

Definitely not in the right headspace for the concentration required, but at least I didnt actually retire. But I definitely used up my next rallys' CFH quota.

I know I'm not going to come anywhere, but it's the spirit that counts. And I would like to think I gave it the true nordic/scandinavian experience...

I think I also used my sarcasm quote too...

SS01 - Humulamaki:

Decided to try and take it easy but immideately hit the stone on the outside of the first tighter left hander with the rear and had a spin and later on also had a roll when I took a bit too much on the inside of a corner over a crest where the notes didn't say anything about not cutting :roflmao:

Obviously not a good time done on the stage due to those things.

SS02 - Isby SS2:

Took it easy yet again, a few nice scandinavian flicks but a bit too slow.

SS03 - Shakedown Rannankyla:

I don't like this nor the Laajavouri stage and it showed. Was off the pace after a roll and CFH due to getting stuck. My rear end was on the road but the wheels were hanging in the air I think :cautious:

SS04 - Kippinge:

Attacked a bit harder on this stage as I know it better. Had a few nice slides, a few "Oh ****" moments but an ok time. I took it a bit too easy over the last crest.

SS05 - Skogby:

Went on full attack. Went on my side in the first junction where you have a car on the right after the following right hander but still went quickly. Scandinavian running at its best, close to crashing a lot of times, entertaining the crowd and having a lot of fun :D

SS06 - Norrlands Sprinten:

Another bit of attacking apart of the bit where you run between bollards of hay in between a couple of barns. A good bit of fun, a couple of close moments but a quickish time :)

SS07 - Laajavouri:

The notes on this stage is "inte bra" to be nice. Came flying, as usual, into a "long 3 right minus" if it was in my notes but went too wide and enjoyed a complete Finnish crash. 6 rolls if I counted it right, a stone and a tree. On my wheels and on my way again.
Had one more close call when I was going sideways for what felt like 5 seconds on the brakes in a similar corner to the one I crashed at close to the end of the stage :confused:

SS08: - Myttaala Sprint:

Took it easy over the lethal crest early in the stage but after that I had a good run and a lot of fun :)

Overall a very fun event, thank you for hosting it. Looking forward to the results :roflmao:

Really enjoyed my rally last night.. discovered a little slider in my logitech profiler senesativity was set to 50% on everything. I am guessing its been that way my entire rally career (DOH). Now set to 100% and the new G27 is completely transformed. ( I refer to my former statement of 'DOH'.

Anywhoo I kept it on the island and was only loosing 30secs per 100m to the others in the room.(which is good for me).

Thanks again to the organisers and drivers!

(ps did I see a mk2 in there ??? :whistling: )

Last min entrance(literally) at Viesturs session, never driven this car before. :o

Edit: Nice set of stages, loved them! SS2 was interesting with the camber. The car felt like it's probably a pretty good RWD but I'm so not used to not having drive on the front wheels so I ended up with some CFHs and rolls and other nice moments! What's a rally without someone rolling a Volvo, though! :D

Last edited:
Missed the start (first two stages) because I had to re-install the whole thing again :mad:
But the rest of the rally was just outstanding - perfect stages, loved them. Of course, me my self being a huge volvo fan loved the car choice as well. Just outstanding rally, thanks guys. Had a retirement and some moments, maybe CFHs but it doesnt matter, I enjoyed the time I spent there :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 366 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%