Rally - Gr.B vs WRC - RDRC Test - Mon 20th & Tue 21st January 2014

Yep, atleast got in to the finish line (almost) in one piece. Could've been a quite tight fight with Tommi, but 3 cfhs solved the puzzle. Still, I was very satisfied with the new Mini, setups worked quite well in all surfaces, and got pair of fastest times. Not a bad car at all!

I'm really looking forward for the championship!:)

Finished, I have to say that if the RDRC season 6 will be like this Rally then I can't wait, I imagine epic battles between group B and WRC cars that's the stuff of dreams, mostly possitive Rally for me, I got saved from 2 retirements by the reduced damage and unfortunately I'm away with the Fiesta from where I was with the DS3, thanks for the organizers and congrats to the participants.

Also, that's a fantastic entry list and it was great to see Emil and Magnar in the same session with me along with many other guys it was very fun.

Fun!!!!!! One CFH on SS02 and a spin on ss08 on the narrow roads. Also on SS08 I over shot the first downhill hairpin. Luckily I didn't damage the car.

Thanks to the organizers and to all who joined in. I was very impressed with the taming of the group B's,

I finished too. It was great to race with you guys again. Did my best to hold my horses on the road and i did very well till Tanner where my horses get hungry and went to snack some grass into the woods, Lost some time but manage to finish stage in one piece. Kaihuavara...false start...and dam...how much spins can make that Mini in just one run....Mineshaft...nightmare...retiremant. Bisanne, could be better but didn`t . Overall it was ok. Driving new car and i managed to stay within one minute with Manuel for full 4 stages ;). Grats to all and i hope to see you soon.

Wow that was fun......Incredible car to drive. To bad, as always the engine blow up on one stage (SS2)
I can not make the engine stay alive on the long stages in Group B cars.
Congrats to Manuel...great drive (and fight).

And a big thanks to the those who set up this rallys!!!!!

Yess! it was fantastic, imagine a whole season like that, the fans would go like crazy :confused:
I remember group B car engines dying in Pikes Speak, I guess reliability is the only problem with these cars, congrats to you too :)

Decided to test RSRBR2014 at the last minute in the 2013 Polo WRC and it was a right tricky bugger to handle! Was very slow overall (but no practise, so no surprise) had a few spins on a few stages but nearly ruined everything on Mineshaft with 2 CFH's and was stuck in 2nd gear for the majority of the run! Overall though, glad to get some more RBR under my belt! Might even try the group B cars tomorrow!

Cheers for setting this up!

Oh my... Managed to enter at the end of the EU session, so drove Bisanne there, and then was too late for my session and started at SS3. Many CFH on the way, I guess my head wasn't in place for this, and the RS200 proved too difficult for me to handle :D Still it was fun when I managed to get some corners right haha.

Thanks for organizing guys, don't think my times can be of any use to do a comparison though :p

Well that was fun :D

SS1: Not bad, could have been better though.
SS2: Had no concentration whatsoever as I kept getting distracted the entire time which was annoying..could have done much better as the felling midstage was actually quite decent. But no, two spins and a roll made sure that didnt happen.
SS3: That was a new experience. Constantly feathering the throttle, braking, AND tarmac textures on the road to disorientate me (they didn't though, was just...weird). May need to reinstall RSRBR before Season 6 :(
SS4: Tarmac textures again O_o nonetheless not a bad stage...
SS5: Definitely not suited for this one :p
SS6: Now THAT is how Sikakama should have gone!! Apart from when i forgot where the road went and had a small moment... :rolleyes:
SS7: Really enjoyed this one!!
SS8: Not surprised I had such a rubbish time on this one...The turning circle on that stage isn't the best in the world..that and a few mistake piled on top of another made for a disappointing run.

I don't think would be a problem with close RDRC battles between both categories at all...hot damn.
Now we just need people with big enough cojones to drive them! :D

Thanks guys for organising, I'm looking VERY eagerly to seeing the results for this one!!

Looking forward to this one. I've done quite a bit of practice on a few of the stages, though I'm not very good on snow and the bumpy gravel stages. Definitely looking forward to see my pace here, as this is the car I'll be driving next season, against other cars of the same class.

SS1 - Whew, a wee bit nervous for that one. I guess nerves is proportional to the amount of practice (and hence investment :p). A couple of seconds of my practice time, but ntb.
SS2 - Whee, a couple of moments there! Landed the wrong way over a crest around mid-stage and just managed to keep it out of the way of some marshalls. Then right near the end I hit a snow bank head on and the car flipped over. Then very slowly started to roll... and tipped back the right way, whew. Damaged the steering, but so close to the end it didn't matter too much. Lost maybe ~15 seconds all up. Had a good feeling through the stage though, so pretty happy.
SS3 - I know from practice that I always screw up the first chicane on my first attempt, so took it nice and slow here. Stage was ok, about 5 seconds off my practice time. It's so strange to be nervous rallying, I haven't for quite a long time! :p
SS4 - That was all right. A really enjoyable flowing stage. I was a couple of seconds off practice time, but ntb. Maybe a bit tentative over all the blind crests.
SS5 - Ouf, that one didn't feel good. Lots of understeer. Hit a tree with the rear of my car at the beginning of the stage, but didn't do any damage.
SS6 - Didn't have a good feeling at first. I went offroad, and had to reverse back onto the stage. After that I calmed myself a bit and then had a great feeling in the car.
SS7 - Only had one practice run on this stage, couldn't really get a good feeling. About mid-way through I had a spin and stall, just managing to save myself falling down the cliff. Lost maybe ~10-15 seconds. Second half of the stage felt a lot better though.
SS8 - Clipped a wall in the downhill section which sent me off down the side of the hill with a CFH. Lost about 25 seconds, so NTB, and I survived, at least. :p

Whew, pretty intense rally. Cheers to the organizers and participants. Cheers also to Jack for that thrilling chase, good job, you smashed me on Mineshaft.

Pretty happy with my driving, 3 big mistakes, but otherwise OK. I feel like my pace has improved a lot with all the practice, I think next time I'll make sure to practice all the stages though.

Good luck to all those still to run.

I had a really good time yeserday for my first after a long break.
I drove the WRC Fiesta 12

I have to improve my setup on gravel, I have no stability, it slides too much.
SS01: France - Cote D'Arbroz: I had some pressure for the first stage, but made it well. I didn't spend too much time with the spins and I had a nice feeling.
SS02: Finland - Sikakama: The first time on snow; I am not a big fan of those interminable middle curves but I did the stage well, without spending too much time off-track.
SS03: England - Chirdonhead: I realized that my setup was not good on gravel. I had some accident and went a lot off-track. It wasn't a good stage for me.
SS04: USA - Diamond Creek: It was more like Paris-Dakar for me on this stage :roflmao::roflmao:I had some visibility problem here (and generally on these fast stage in the USA, whick I don't know good enough). and the setup.......:mad: awfull
SS05: Japan - Tanner: I tried to concentrate me a bit more. I wanted to stay in the times of Andreas as good as possible. I don't know the stages in Japan. I made an well-known mistake at the end of this stage on the 90° right turn and went to the trees and needed help from the spectators.
SS06: Finland - Kaihuavaara: Hard long stage with almost unvisible 90° turns!!! It was not so good for me.
SS07: Australia - Mineshaft: Nice stage. But again setup issue. I missed a turn and landed in the trees, broke my brackes. I had too make the rest of the stage in 2nd or 3rd gear... untill I missed an other turn and went directly on a tree....Ouch, I broke the gear box this time, I had only the reverse gear. At one moment I was thinking ending the stage on reverse :laugh: but I used Escape: retirement.
SS08: France - Bisanne: Some pressure again, I wanted to come near Andreas on the final result, it wasn't possible anymore to pass him because he didn't retired and made a good time on the last stage. I saw at the same time that Viesturs retired the last stage so I pushed a bit, but I had to finish that stage, and I did it with a nice time (for me:D) (I was 3rd from the 6 drivers)

To sum up, I have to work on my gravel setup urgently and have to become used to drive on some surfaces.
And I have to be familiarize with my co-pilot (I desactivated the turns signs on the screens) and it's quite hard to anticipate what he is saying to me ;)

I enjoyed a lot driving yesterday, thanks RD, Ole and you all.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 195 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 380 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing