Rally - Early Evo - Mon 17th & Tue 18th February 2014

SS1: I need to survive, I need to survive, I need to survive *hope*
I just lifted nearly everywhere I should hit the pedal and came home 5 seconds slower than my PB is. But I came through!

SS2: Need more practice on it. I just didn't feel comfortable; drove too slowly just to not damage the car.

SS3: Boy, I nailed it to the end. Had a spin in sector 1, so lost some seconds there, but from then on floored it. I start liking this stage a little. Think my time could've been good without this fault.

SS4: I like the Australian stages, but I feel I haven't practiced enough and drove too scaried on the faster passages. Slower corners were ok, but had my difficulties to find
the right spots to cut or not to cut. Didn't roll it at least hehe:ninja:

SS5: Setup problems. No chance to brake, car would just not loose speed but coast anywhere you don't want. No chance to drive a rallye stage this way.

SS6:One spin, one nearly-spin and one tree made me loose the clutch (or whatever it is) on the last 2 kms, so no chance to finish in a proper time. Car is still to nervous, no
matter what I ever try.
Couldn't remember which setup I wanted to use, maybe that was one minor problem as well.

SS7: No chance to finish. Bug. For writing about SS6, I tabswitched out and my engine sound was gone after. Impossible to drive. I tried my utter best and had an awesome first sector, but no chance to keep it without knowing what my revs are doing.
Hit a fence and engine lost power 100 meters later; first time ever I encounter this. Well, noone asked me to drive into the cows:redface:

SS8: No all motivation is gone, I will just drive it. Well, didn't find time to practice much anyway^^ Yeah, the later the stage, the lower my effort haha:whistling:

All right, even more training for the next rallye :) And with a little luck I will have proper sound again. Laptop speakers are so annoying. Distracting me:cry:

I competed in the Evo1. Will have a look tomorrow, maybe the Evo2 is a little easier to drive. Would've helped me. Or building better setups:roflmao:

@Aku Jokelainen was not to be defeated tonight! Well done!
Nice to see we did have a nice crowd in EUX, close times and everyone sticked to the end! That'S the spirit!
Thanks for the competition and thanks for setting up this event!

Last edited:
Entered the session: surrounded by scandinavians!

Had the speakers off: missed ss1 by lack of attention
ss2 just started badly, damaged gearbox, just retired willingly
ss3 lost track of how many times I CFH
ss4 was at least not the last on the 1st split! But as always, killed it on that tree.
ss5 only on CFH and a few excursions on the wet grass
ss6 no longer in the mood.

Gutted at myself, but my head was not on the rally. But the car was fun to drive, when i managed to steer it properly!

Thanks again guys, for setting up a cool event :)

Well well well.. First of all, I was very surprised about the win of EUX session:confused: Had one cfh on my way, so lost 30 seconds there. My main objective was just finish the rally in one piece. Had few offs, but nothing too big.

And thank you @Andreas Scholz, it was really fun!:p You did it well too!:)

SS1: I was really confident. The stage is very similiar to roads, that I sometimes drive with my volvo:D Still the time wasn't anywhere near my pb, but just took it safe.

SS2: Nothing much to tell, had one spin on the stage, went tail first in to the bushes, luckily didn't damage my car:)

SS3: I was sure that this stage cost me the rally. Car fell down the ditch and hit nose first into the tree. Gearbox got stuck on the 2nd gear and had to cfh. Then just cursed the car and my driving and limped to the finish line:D

SS4: I don't have so much experience from this stage, so just had to take it to the finish line, so lost about a second for @Karl Raudsepp

SS5: I couln't ever imagine how slippery a stage can get. It was like a damn mudpool:D And it was dark. Oh cmon! And the gravel sections..

SS6: These stages just can't bumpy enough! Moreover, it was dark and slippery. Just took it in one piece.

SS7: I'm starting to like this stage! Went well, without any bigger problems and got it to the finish line!

SS8: There wasn't any more drama than SS5. I just don't like these Czeck stages:confused: So bumpy.

But big thanks for everyone! And the people who set up the event ofcourse!:p

Had my best rally so far this year. No DNF and no CFH. Biggest mistake was on SS6 when I Went the wrong way in the dusk conditions and not listening enough to my codriver. Reversed back and lost maybe 20 sec.
Interesting: after the first 3 stages we were 3 drivers within half a second
In the end I won the session. And the top list was like in the Olympics cross country skiing. 3 swedes in the top. All swedes more than 4 minutes ahead of best norwegian....
Thanks for a nice event. The early Evo had a nice behavour.

Whew, I missed the US session as well, but I've made it into the OC session with 7 minutes to spare!

SS1- Took that one slow and easily, since a mistake here is really costly, and I haven't driven the reverse stage very much. Pace was OK though.
SS2- Not overly happy there. Good first split, but bad middle sector, and then a crash in the final sector. Managed to turn it around, but lost ~10 seconds there.
SS3-OK.
SS4-OK
SS5-This stage looks menacing, with the rain in the dark. Went OK, was a bit slow in the middle sector I felt, but overall ntb.
SS6-I do enjoy the Czech stages. The dirt parts are interesting, though actually not too bad with the Tarmac inters.
SS7-Argh. Missed a pacenote and hit a pole and a person. Broke my gearbox, and I was in 6th at the time... Lost a lot of time through the stage, got stuck a few times and had to CFH as well. But I finished it. Albeit two and a half minutes behind. It's a shame too, coz up until the crash I was feeling very good.
SS8-NTB there.

It's a shame I ruined all chances of a decent rsult on SS7, but ah well. Good variety of stages and had a bit of fun. Cheers to all.

What a rally!!!

SS1: Taken VERY Cautiously, and still managed to have a big moment!

SS2: Perfect. Absolutely flawless and comfortable run.

SS3: Forgot to change the lock in the setup, so had to drive extra flamboyant and max attack!

SS4: Must say I pushed a little bit much in this stage, couple of small mistakes but nothing major.

SS5: WOW that was lucky!! Took with maximum caution, then slid into a spectator *just* after the finish.

SS6: Well that was a little crazy. Super cautious yet had very fast spin just before the hairpin after the gravel and stalled. Lost a lot of time there, then barrel rolled after the finish...The replay will be spectacular! Also WOW this stage looks incredible at night!! :O

SS7: The one section i was careful to avoid and the back end gets loose and i spin around some trees and get stuck in the shrubbery. Luckily I didn't CFH and got back onto the stage faster, which I'm pleased about. Cautious approach for the rest of the stage.

SS8: YAY NO RETIREMENTS ON A RALLY FOR ONCE!!! Another stage I took carefully as to not lose lots of time, no big mistakes.

This rally was perfect, and was absolutely perfect for the Old-School driving style I have.
Thanks guys for organising, I hope this makes up for my problems last week!

Interesting: after the first 3 stages we were 3 drivers within half a second

It was that close? I didn't look at the times, I assumed I'd be super slow since the only stage I felt somewhat comfortable on was Loch Ard and even there it was cautious driving. :o
Was fun, though, didn't like the Czech stages, are the roads really that bumpy there in the Republic? SS7 was enjoyable, managed to steal some grapes even! :p

Thanks for a fun rally! :)

It was that close? I didn't look at the times, I assumed I'd be super slow since the only stage I felt somewhat comfortable on was Loch Ard and even there it was cautious driving. :o
Was fun, though, didn't like the Czech stages, are the roads really that bumpy there in the Republic? SS7 was enjoyable, managed to steal some grapes even! :p

Thanks for a fun rally! :)
If I remember correct it was me, Åcerclinth and Myrvold in the closest battle. You Erik were a few seconds further behind. Looking forward to study the result chart.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 156 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 299 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 425 39.6%