Race 4 - Donington Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not say I tapped you - more you tapped me. I wasn´t expecting you there (i was looking more in front to your teamate, who hold me off a lot) this moment so i wanted to the inside as normal cause outside is no grip, so you had could expext that from my point of view and let me room, also because you wasn´t in the same high as my car.
Found that a bit unfair cause i followed you a few laps, before i could overtook you fair and clean. So that you had maybe noticed i was faster to this time. From my cockpit view, your/ or "mine tap" (how you want) felt more like a push me off track which made me quite angry (which you noticed maybe later .-) due i had still the possibility to catch P9.
So, shame that you give me the blame for your driving, anyhow i´m thinking we don´t fit together on track :-/

On the replay i saw the rear of your car slipping away so i thought you had oversteer under power.
But if you actually went to the inside, well you couldn't as i was there. Did you expect me to vanish and not to try to overtake you when you where held up ?? . You left room on the inside so took advantage. That you didn't see me, well that is your fault not mine.
No sure why you are angry at me, as you made the mistake not seeing me.
It took you plenty of laps to close the gap, so faster you def wern't very much, and if i didn't made the mistake thinking the race was over to quickly I would have gotten 10th easy.

No idea why you are angry as i wasn't.

It´s sinnless to speak with you, just saying opposite from me is redicoulous. Just watch the gaps of lap 45 to 48 in the race result. I close the gap about 7 seconds there. Thats over 2 sec per lap, so pretty much faster from my point of view. That there was maybe traffic is no alibi, i had it the same. Then i was three laps behind you to find a way throught. That you got later this little chance to repass was only because i was already fighting with Adam. That i wasn´t there not looking for you can happen cause i concentrated in front. And you video shows nice you only at my door, not fully beside me - you can´t take there the racing line from the corner as i´m not there. At least givin me room as you noticed i follow the racing line. That´s simple for every corner, if you are not at least full beside or a bit in front of the other car you can´t expect it is now your corner. You must have in mind the one in front wasn´t see you or simply shut the door.
I see it also as an racing incident and not worth to report, i´m only angry that you have or show absolutly no understanding for my point of view. I´m feeling like speaking to a wall.

Andreas what are you talking about?

Look if you think there was a problem/foul play/incident then make a report. After looking at the replay and the video Tom posted I'm confident this was a racing incident. However to be fair the second overtake attempt on Tom was er...not good.

If you feel this is wrong and you have a case to make an incident report...then please by all means do so. No one is perfect, although we all try to be as clean/safe and fair as possible, sometimes we are not.

I firmly believe everone here racing in STC is trying the best they can and repect all the other teams and drivers on track. However as I said before...racing + forums sometimes get heated.

So make a report...or do not.

However I apreciate your point of view, but I/FO disagree with it.

Qualification: not at all satisfied with the time but the 2nd was I pleased.

Race: started on slicks and have a great speed and past Ben very fast and then just push and push then the rian come and Dinca Andrei was closing in on his wets and then in to the pit and was out whit some new wet and take upp the time i have lost and when later Dinca was in the pit and the rian stoped and i was gooing in to get the slicks on and i was first out after my 2 pit stop whit a massiv lead and was finish whit all the stops and have a big gap to Dinca 20 sekund and was faster than all on the track whit 1 sekund so i was preaty sure for the win but then. the thing that is so un lucky that 2 lapt car in front of me krash becuse that one of them made a strage enter track manover and then i was forsce to go out on the gras and there it all was over whit a lead of 20+ sekunds :(

grats to the podium and great drive to all the finish this wet race

It´s sinnless to speak with you, just saying opposite from me is redicoulous. Just watch the gaps of lap 45 to 48 in the race result. I close the gap about 7 seconds there. Thats over 2 sec per lap, so pretty much faster from my point of view. That there was maybe traffic is no alibi, i had it the same. Then i was three laps behind you to find a way throught. That you got later this little chance to repass was only because i was already fighting with Adam. That i wasn´t there not looking for you can happen cause i concentrated in front. And you video shows nice you only at my door, not fully beside me - you can´t take there the racing line from the corner as i´m not there. At least givin me room as you noticed i follow the racing line. That´s simple for every corner, if you are not at least full beside or a bit in front of the other car you can´t expect it is now your corner. You must have in mind the one in front wasn´t see you or simply shut the door.
I see it also as an racing incident and not worth to report, i´m only angry that you have or show absolutly no understanding for my point of view. I´m feeling like speaking to a wall.

You are a funny Man Andreas. Lol next time you are busy fighting with someone i will leave you alone and not try to pass you. And only will pass you on the racing line. And when you are faster i will make it easy for you. When passing i will warp my car in front of yours as I have no right to be next to you. LOOL, funny funny way of thinking you have.

I don't think you did anything wrong in that corner, but it fails me how you think I did something wrong . Again report it, pls pls do and you will get the opinion of others.

But how about the divebomb attack in the last corner, where you going to play on the grass or what ? Sorry my fault should have made it easy for you as you where faster :).

Qualification: not at all satisfied with the time but the 2nd was I pleased.

Race: started on slicks and have a great speed and past Ben very fast and then just push and push then the rian come and Dinca Andrei was closing in on his wets and then in to the pit and was out whit some new wet and take upp the time i have lost and when later Dinca was in the pit and the rian stoped and i was gooing in to get the slicks on and i was first out after my 2 pit stop whit a massiv lead and was finish whit all the stops and have a big gap to Dinca 20 sekund and was faster than all on the track whit 1 sekund so i was preaty sure for the win but then. the thing that is so un lucky that 2 lapt car in front of me krash becuse that one of them made a strage enter track manover and then i was forsce to go out on the gras and there it all was over whit a lead of 20+ sekunds :(

grats to the podium and great drive to all the finish this wet race

I had imgaine that you wil have to pit 1 more time,but i was rong,so if the accident wouldnt come,you would of won the race.
your bad luck was my luck,but that incident was crazy,realy insane.

First i want to congratulate the podium finishers and especially Dinca with his victory.:wink:

Qually:....hmmmmm,wasnt much of a qually for team FDR(and FDD for that mather) ,was it?
After a week of practising so hard and putting in so much time that i even got blisters on my hands it was,lets say,"a little bit anoying" to be told that we wouldnt have to qually.:)

Race: Starting at the back of the field i didnt have much hope to get some decent points here,especially in these tricky condicions.
Took it a bit easy the first few laps in order not to spin off and crash,but as i saw my teammate(Jesper) quickly gaining position after position i knew i had to up my pace and try to follow him,wich to some extend work although i never could match his Flying pace.
Had some great fights and due to some needed pit strategy i was able to move up the field.

Made 1 serious mistake(and a lot of little ones,lool), as i was trying to pass a backmarker into the chicane as i couldnt see excacly where he was, i went in to hot and spinned the car and as i was trying to get my nose into the right direction again Reggie bumped right into me as he had nowhere to go in that tight chicane,sorry m8 i was trying to clear the road as i was in the middle of the track/chicane.Great fighting with you btw. :)

In the end i finished 4th, obviously a result i really didnt expect after our starting position.
And my team mate Jesper even managed to get 2nd place, so all in all a very good and satisfying result for team FDR.

Knowing that our team manager(s) are always very busy and are,like the rest of us, still human it's easy to forget the allocation issue...:poke:

(helped offcourse by the great result in the race,hehehe):banana:

Unfortunately we were to late to allocate our drivers but, our top drivers Martijn and Jesper did an awesome job. p2 and p4, amazing guys :)

Unfortunately Nick had a huge incident. He was dodging a drunk squirrel and lost the control. The good thing is, we will never hear from the squirrel again...

squirrel3.jpg

Thx,...and thank god that that squirrel is no longer among us...

No need to talk about weather every chance you have. Weather is randomly generated.

sry David but i am expressing the feelings of our Team.

If you remember when we started using NAW it was concluded the chance of rain in winter months where to high and we used the summer months.

For some reason we are not doing this anymore with the result beeing to many (In this case all of them) rain races compared to dry. In real live racing series you don't see this amount of rain races.

Bottom line is the formula used in the NAW program is wrong, even in Belgium it doesn't rain this much.

Also as a racer you have little or no info what the weather is doing. Making it all to random.
Race07 long pitstops don't help either as one pitstop to many and you are out. No matter what practice you do, if you got the weather wrong you are screwed.

Don't get me wrong, I love driving in the wet, I just don't like the fact that a driver has no idea what to do as he has nothing to base his decisions on. Its not a big problem as long as the amounts of races this happens is not to big. But with 4 out of 4 races beeing like that is abit to much.

So pls can you tell me why we stopped using summer months in NAW (as I also asked before the race) ?

You are a funny Man Andreas. Lol next time you are busy fighting with someone i will leave you alone and not try to pass you. And only will pass you on the racing line. And when you are faster i will make it easy for you. When passing i will warp my car in front of yours as I have no right to be next to you. LOOL, funny funny way of thinking you have.

I don't think you did anything wrong in that corner, but it fails me how you think I did something wrong . Again report it, pls pls do and you will get the opinion of others.

But how about the divebomb attack in the last corner, where you going to play on the grass or what ? Sorry my fault should have made it easy for you as you where faster :).

This shows me only that you arn´t able to understand me, maybe my expression in english gives you not the sin or we talking away each other, i don´t know. Anyhow i think we have a completly different view of simracing, that´s it.
And that i made a mistake in that second situation is very clear and came cause emotions from the incident before which felt completly different from my cockpit view then how you see it. But to concede a mistake, at least partly seems to be an attribute which is completly missing you.

I´m only hoping we have not many races in the future together or at least don´t meet us in the race. I really have/ had with no one other such problems like with you, at least it´s anyhow always possible to sort things out. With you it´s not possible for me, shame.

I will not write ones more anything to you, it only escalate and will never come to a concerted result. Over for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.3%