Race 07 loss of FFB

Hi folks, i'm getting desperate, and hopefully someone here can help!

Ive trawlled these forums, and the Simbin forums too, looking for the answer to a problem that is driving me mad!

Whether or not i have a fresh install of windows and fresh install of Steam/Race 07 serise, i'll go and play it for a while with perfect FFB with my G27.
After i've shut the game down, the very next time i go back in to play, all FFB effects have gone.
This is with no mods of any kind, its a perfectly virgin install of R-07.
Ive tried reinstalling the drivers for the wheel, reinstalled R-07 again, had one game with FFB, then go back to not having it the next time i play, and i just cant think for the life of me why it would be doing this.
Its full up to date with patches coming atuomaticly from Steam, all drivers on my machine are up to date, but still no FFB, and i cant find an answer anywhere.

Please, someone help me. I love the game, but without FFB, its just not the same game!

What happens when the FFB is gone, and you enter the setup?

So start game, test to see if you have no ffb, then go to setup, advanced, force feedback, and click back back back, and try again. Is the ffb restored then?

Tried ALT-F, nothing happened, uninstalled the profiler, drivers, reinstalled them all again, no FFB.
The thing is, if i delete the whole Race 07 install then redownload it all, the FFB WILL work, but only for that first session.
After that, its like going back to a Thrustmaster 3-in-1 contoler i had 7 years ago!

Only with much better pedals!

Nope, not that either.
I guess im just gonna have to get used to the fact that i'm not going to be able to play with FFB.
Its the only game that ive got that has this problem, so it must be something, somewhere in my machine that doesnt like this game having FFB.
Just as i was getting really good as well

Nope.
I've got an idea though, just to see if its the pc/game at fault, or my G27 just not liking Race.
I'm going to install Race 07 on my other machine, see if the same problems crop up there. Shame itll take all night to down load the game, not going to know untill morning

As one who just three days ago fried one his USB ports, try using it in a different port. Or try older drivers. It's all a hit & miss.. i had to use three sets of drivers all from different years and install one component in time before NVidia just recently released a working set. But my PC crashes starting Race once in ten starts and going to control menu without visiting some other option menus will crash the game 100% of the time... Race is beginning to feel bloated... It's a good thing that there will be no more expansion, the game can not be expanded any further.

Yup, now you come to mention it, its only ben with the last 2 beta drivers from team green that this problem had arisen.
I tried it on my other machine and it worked perfectly. Came out of the game and back in a few times, with every time the ffb was there, working great.

I've done something drastic though. Totally wiped my stream install, as I'm having a few problems else where too, and now I'm reinstalling it all onto another drive. Whenever I reinstalled windows, I'd keep my steam instal as it were, and reinstalled, and repaired over the top of it.
It may have become"broken", so I'm starting again.

Instead of keeping the steam install each time, there is a way to backup downloaded content onto your system, which you can save. Once your new drive is up and running, install Steam and then bring your backup back into Steam. Saves tons of download time. :)

right, this has worked for me, and its for the Steam versions but as for it being 100%, that's another story.

Step 1, totally uninstall all of you Race 07 games, and delete any save games, files, profiles, etc....
2, Install Race 07 ONLY.
3, Start it up.
4, Install Race On, (or any other package you might have)
5, Play again by using the Race 07 install.
6, Install other packs in what ever order, but you must start the game after each one you install, and you must start it with the Race 07 install.
7, repeat as necessary
8, rinse and repeat

right, this has worked for me, and its for the Steam versions but as for it being 100%, that's another story.

Step 1, totally uninstall all of you Race 07 games, and delete any save games, files, profiles, etc....
2, Install Race 07 ONLY.
3, Start it up.
4, Install Race On, (or any other package you might have)
5, Play again by using the Race 07 install.
6, Install other packs in what ever order, but you must start the game after each one you install, and you must start it with the Race 07 install.
7, repeat as necessary
8, rinse and repeat

No need for that. I clicked all to download and let it download and install for 1 night. Next morning i could start race07 with all expansions. :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back