Race 07 Linear Steering

Shovas

Premium
How do I get 1:1 linear steering in Race 07 with G27 set to 900 degrees? Been googling and finding out weird things like 50% steering sensitivity means 1:1 linear steering but then Steering Lock in each car's setup has something to do with it. I downloaded some Steering Ratio Calculator spreadsheet and tried a few of its numbers but nothing makes the cars react 1:1 with where my wheel is actually positioned driving. Thanks

Thanks for the reply. So, this is something I'm not getting. Why would I do that? In iRacing I feel very comfortable with linear 900 degree steering on this G27 (and it was so simple to setup), but in Race 07 and Raceroom Experience I'm unable to get the same linear feeling.

As you said, 50% sensitivity gives you linear steering regardless of how many degrees of steering wheel travel you have or the steering lock you using the setup. Are you trying to match your wheel movement with the one on the monitor? If so why, it's easier to remove it from view and only see your own. Make sure you have speed sensitive steering at 0 degrees.

Steering sensitivity at 50% means linear, move the G27 half of its rotation and the cars tires will move half of their travel, move the G27 all the way and tires will be at max steering lock.

Steering sensitivity at 25% means that if the G25 is rotated half way, the tires will be at about 25% of lock so every additional degree of G27 movement will be more than normal tire movement for each degree of travel as full rotation is still full steering lock for the tires.

Steering sensitivity set to 100% will get you about 75% steering lock with the G27 turned half of its rotation. The next half of the rotation gives less steering lock per degree of G27 rotation and max steering lock is still at full G27 rotation..

All that is easy to see if you on the Advanced page of Options/Controls and look at the bar for steering on the bottom of the page. BTW the same is true for the Brake and clutch sensitivities.

Once you have your G27 rotation set drive the car and set the steering lock in game so that you feel comfortable or in control of the car. While out on track don't forget to drive right over the Steering Ratio Calculator and smash it to bits!

Thanks, again. I ended up using the Logitech Profiler to allow 900degrees in iRacing and left it to the default for RRE and R07. The default for RRE and R07 works as I expect (on-screen wheel tracks physical wheel, and the angle of the on-screen wheel accurately tracks the turning angle of the car - as far as I can judge). To be honest, I only need linear steering up to about 90 degrees anyway as most racing occurs much less than that anyway. Thanks!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 86 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 62 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 69 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 13.8%