RACE 07 Issues related to the Steam Conversion

Sonat Ozturk

Sector3 Studios
Hi all,

Both Valve and us here at SimBin, are looking into the potential remaining issues caused by the Conversion that was done few days ago.

Valve has fixed most, if not all of the issues. This is a mere check to see if there are any issues remaining that we may have missed.

If you have an issue that is occurring since the Conversion please let us know by replying here.

Thank you.

Easy to get them back:
When converting the game, a new folder was created in your Documents/Simbin under the name of Race 07 Install2 ( or more if you already had more than 1 install there ).

But it didn't delete your previous Documents/Simbin/Race07 folder ... so... all your profiles, steering settings, setups, and so on ... are still there.
Copy the content of the following folders:
Custom Skins, Replay data ( if you wish to keep some ), UserData and paste the content in the same folders of the new Documents/Simbin/Race07 install2.
And ... all you wish is back as before.

But ... don't modify the 3 other files ... especially the GameInstallDir which now points to the converted game in 'Common'.

Edit:
Ooops: sorry I didn't see first that the solution was already given.
I just read the end of page .. 1 :redface:

@Jack Sargent , hang on, in the RD Club we're running the F3000's at times though next week though the FBMW and International Formula Master take the stage!

Would definitely be keen on racing in the F3000s once I get back up to speed with them but I'm not interested in the FBMW sorry. Doesn't do anything for me.

The IFM car is a joy to drive from what I remember but I don't own that expansion unfortunately. Which one is it again?

Cheers.

EDIT: It's the RACE On expansion I gather.........would buy it but it's still £5 and I'm only buying it for the IFM car so it's not worth it. Maybe if it's on offer I'll get it sometime.

But yeah if you have some more F3000 events I am definitely keen.

Last edited:
Ah yes I had forgotten Okayama. Great model as well from what I remember.

Next Steam sale and it's mine. :)

In the meantime I'll be looking for some pub action in the F3000s but not much seems to be going on. Can't tolerate driving the WTCC cars anymore!!! :O_o:

Don't know what it is but the F3000 is one of my favourite sim cars ever. I know the IFM car probably handles more accurately/realistically but I just love that F3000.

In the meantime I'll be looking for some pub action in the F3000s but not much seems to be going on. Can't tolerate driving the WTCC cars anymore!!! :O_o:

Don't know what it is but the F3000 is one of my favourite sim cars ever. I know the IFM car probably handles more accurately/realistically but I just love that F3000.

Check out PrestoGP http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/forums/presto-gp.46/

A long term open wheel league in its 11th season. 2 seasons a year, have been running the F3K the last 2 seasons. MMG F1 2007 mod before that, F3K before that. Great drivers, friendly and sportsmanship focused, open setup sharing, aliens and normal folks welcomed equally.

Last edited:
Check out PrestoGP http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/forums/presto-gp.46/

A long term open wheel league in its 11th season. 2 seasons a year, have been running the F3K the last 2 seasons. MMG F1 2007 mod before that, F3K before that. Great drivers, friendly and sportsmanship focused, open setup sharing, aliens and normal folks welcomed equally.

Cool thanks. I may join in some of the rounds if that is ok? I may not be available to do every round as I work until 8pm some evenings in the week and don't know when always.

Would love to get some F3000 action on though. Definitely won't be racing Singapore as I would rather eat my hat than have to learn that track. *shudders*.

Cool thanks. I may join in some of the rounds if that is ok? I may not be available to do every round as I work until 8pm some evenings in the week and don't know when always.

Would love to get some F3000 action on though. Definitely won't be racing Singapore as I would rather eat my hat than have to learn that track. *shudders*.

Great, just introduce yourself in the General Discussion forum and read the league rules topic. Also go to www.prestogp.com and setup an account using the exact Race07 profile name you will be using. Afterward your times will be recorded automatically from the PrestoGP servers and are archived on the site for each track in every season.

Singapore's a really fun track, after you get past the fear of the walls on either side the entire time :)

Don't know if it has anything to do with this, but my Race On DVD installer doesn't work. It just quits half way through. It's quite a bit of problem for me tbh as my internet connection isn't fast, and I don't have much time (which I don't really want to spend with downloading). At least those parts of the game that I have on this DVD could go up fast (worked before), then I only have to download the other expansions.
It's a long time since I last played this game, thought it could be fun installing it again.

Hi all, just trying to start race 07 through steam and keeps putting me back to desktop. It keeps giving me a mini dump file and would be great if anyone can help. I have recently just reinstalled through steam and cleaned my registry system. error Race_Steam_1.2.1.10-20130927-172827-3608-780

Hi. Sledge hammer fix if no other solutions help:

1. Run steam via the black icon and click on steam from the menu bar and choose backup and restore. Restore all of your expansions (only 5 mouse clicks for each). Make a note of where you are backing them up to, No need to backup Race07 as you will be installing it via download. Also use steam backup to back up all your other steam games.

2. Use file manager to backup your skins, tracks, mods, and any replays and time attacks you want to keep.

3. Use a zip program to back up your car setups and UI Data.

4. Un-install all your steam games and expansions.

5. Un-install steam.

6. Download and install steam.

7. Run the steam program and install Race07 via download.

8. Click on steam from the menu bar of the black steam program and choose backup and restore and restore all of your expansions (only 5 mouse clicks for each).

9. Merge your tracks, mods, skins etc from your backup.

10. Unzip your car setups and UI Data.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Wrecking ball solution if the above does not fix it: do all the above steps on a fresh copy of Windows that has a new install of Directx :)

NOTE: If you have Windows XP you can not merge folders via the Windows file manager! If you have XP then uses a file manager like fileboss or use a zip program for backing up documents\simbin, tracks, and mods.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I upgraded suggested by steam and am having trouble.
When I start the race 07, the screen below.

http://prntscr.com/1v07xh
Screenshot_1.png

I use win7 64.

grateful

Here's a conundrum. Since the Steam "upgrade", driver tags no longer appear when I'm running F3000 cars, however they do work when I run WTCC or Mini's. I've heard of a few other people with the same issue. I also know a few people who's driver tags still work with F3000's. Anyone have any ideas what's causing it??

I have problems with the expansions. Haven't played in +/- two months, thought lets take it for a spin at the Nordschleife but all my expansions do not show up ingame, however they are installed at steam.

EDIT: The Exit button at 1280x720 is not clickable, the clickable area for that button is directly to the right of the text "Exit"

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years