R3E controller .rcs files

just a quick post , i will add to this as i can...

so if you have an .rcs file you wish to share add it to this thread .. can we try to make it a one stop shop and just a quick description and not to much chat so you don't have to dig through 20 long posts to find a file .So if you use one and you like it then like that post that its in and people can see what files are used most ( if there are profiler settings can you type them and not add a million pictures.... but you can create a topic and do all that jazz and link to it in your post here .... )

thanks gents

Andi

this is my current fanatec GT3RS controller file , clubsports on usb and a sequential shifter (i use the paddles for look left and right .... remap the buttons as you wish
Sen.... whatever
FF ..... 60+
Sho ..... 70+ (this one is up to you )
set the rest to zero , except for the abs mine is usually around the 80 mark

this still isnt finished as i need to get a bit more loss of steering feeling when i cook it to hard

Andi

file changed to .rcs format

Attachments

• Fanatec Porsche GT3RS sequentialgsc.rcs
    19.1 KB · Views: 696
Here's my T500 RS settings. Includes TH8RS gear stick.

Control panel:
1080 Rotation (30 ingame lock)
Overall strenght 60%
Constant 100%
Periodic 100%
Spring 0%
Damper 0%
Auto center by game

Attachments

• T500 RS.rcs
    19.2 KB · Views: 776
What I find amazing is that we are still having to swap FFB settings in this latest SIMBIN title.

You'd have thought they would've sorted the FFB now so it performs out of the box without tweaking. They've been doing it long enough. Also even more annoying for people who have no experience with this FFB engine is that they do not explain at all what the menu options actually do, let alone the other settings in the .rcs file.

I know myself but for someone just playing a SIMBIN game for the first time they would think......"why does the FFB suck so bad?". It doesn't. SIMBIN just don't set it right.

*sigh* Anyway after tweaking the FFB it is now very, very detailed and pleasing to me and I am actually really surprised at how good this sim feels.

Here's my settings for anyone interested..the important bits in bold...copy paste the lines or just the values into your .rcs file.

I use a G25 with a 300mm Sparco rim. Lower strength a bit for normal size wheel maybe

In Logitech Panel
Overall effects strength: 105%
Spring effects strength: 0%
Damper effects Strength: 0%
Centering: Checked 0%
Degrees: 540

Game adjust settings: Unchecked

In Sim
18 degrees steeringlock in options menu

FFB Effects Level="2" // Number of FFB effects to use: 0=No Effects, 1=Low, 2=Medium, 3=High, 4=Full, 5=Custom.
FFB Gain="1.0" // Strength of Force Feedback effects. Range 0.0 to 1.0.
FFB Throttle FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.
FFB Brake FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
FFB steer vibe freq mult="0.5" // Controls frequency of steering vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering vibration.
FFB steer vibe zero magnitude="0.07" // Magnitude of steering vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB steer vibe slope="0.0" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB steer vibe zero magnitude).
FFB steer vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB steer force average weight="0.4" // How much weight is given to new steering force calculations each frame (0.01 - 1.0). Lower values will smooth out the steering force, but will also add latency.
FFB steer force exponent="0.95" // Steering force output "sensitivity". Range 0.0 to infinity. 0.0 to 1.0 = higher sensitivity, greater than 1.0 = lower sensitivity.
FFB steer force input max="-11500.0" // Recommended: 11500 (-11500 if controller pulls in the wrong direction).
FFB steer force output max="1.0" // Maximum force output of steering force, recommendation 0.8 to 2.0
FFB steer force grip weight="0.25" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.4 to 0.9. How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering force.
FFB steer force grip factor="1.0" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.2 to 0.6. How much of a factor the front wheel grip is on the steering weight.
FFB steer update thresh="0.0" // Amount of change required to update steer force/vibe (0.0 - 1.0). Lower values = steering force updated more frequently = lower frame rate.
FFB steer friction coefficient="-0.1" // Coefficient to use for steering friction. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer friction saturation="1.0" // Saturation value to use for steering friction. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB steer damper coefficient="0.2" // Coefficient to use for steering damper. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer damper saturation="1.0" // Saturation value to use for steering damper. Range: 0 - 1.0

FFB steer force average weight="0.4"...............Lower values give a much smoother FFB feeling but can introduce latency and lowers overall force. No latency with this value but I believe this setting is FPS dependant.

FFB steer force exponent="0.95"................Tightens up the feeling around centre with lower values but removes detail in forces. Previously set to 0.75 in older SIMBIN games. For me I don't get a loose feeling in centre so I leave it high. Default was 0.99.

FFB steer force grip weight="0.25"...............25% of forces are grip........75% mass transfer.

FFB steer force grip factor="1.0"..................100% front wheels. No rearwheel grip info is sent to the wheel. You feel it through mass transfer.

FFB steer update thresh="0.0"...................If you have no FPS issues 0 is best.

FFB steer friction coefficient="-0.1"...................I always understood this should be a negative value and half of the FFB steer damper coefficient="0.2".

If you want to learn more about these settings please read Jul's FFB guide available here......

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=29484

Also I tried to add the damper settings in the control panel as suggested by someone but they add nothing to the FFB that isn't there already imo. This FFB works the same way basically as it has done in all previous SIMBIN sims and I have always had damper at 0%.

What I find amazing is that we are still having to swap FFB settings in this latest SIMBIN title

thing is you may like it this way someone else will hate it , thats the problem with ffb, we are all looking for it to talk to us in a way we can understand ... and through the hardware we are using ... thats why we are always going to tweak ..

thanks for your post

Andi

To my knowledge no one ever has given a how to (ISI included ) and its there base code as to speak. As for a better out of the box it is all about preference (ive changed my gsc one slightly ). As for Simbin giving more base profiles choices (i believe) this is happening...

Andi

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 116 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 302 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing