After 2 weeks of not being a team...

I have reformed LURKER MOTORSPORT.

We will be a 4 Man team...

We are here to have fun...not dominate.

ONCE A LURKER ... ALWAYS A LURKER...
LURKER FOR LIFE

:cool:

respect-unframed.jpg

I have chosen this Japanese character...which translates as RESPECT to be our team logo...

We don't want to have fierce rivalries...We want to have a healthy respect for our fellow competitors.

• warped

I like the logo! His game should be fun, and you should respect other drivers! I like alot

• warped

The master of liveries! WE got the KING and Queen of liveries under one roof! I have a dream that one day i will have a livery that would beat you two in the comp! More like a fantasy!

• warped

Warped's Liveries (btw i am new at this)

Hey everyone, i thought as dave promted me to post a thread i thought i show you some of my liveries. Which is in no way near daves standard but i have only been doing this a week or two.

Attachments

• First livery.jpg
    First livery.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 257
  • eye of the tiger.jpg
    eye of the tiger.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 318
  • playboy.jpg
    playboy.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 242
  • red dragon.jpg
    red dragon.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 261
  • warped

Sorry i thought i should get full size pics up the first one is my first ever livery.
Firstlivery.jpg

The rest are just randoms that i have done within thetwo weeks of me learning how to do this
orangechinese.jpg

eyeofthetiger.jpg

playboy.jpg

reddragon.jpg

Pitstopboss F1 Game News Update - 14th Feb 2010

As the Formula one testing gets into full swing it seems that somehow I've dragged myself into a testing session controversy the equal of which can perhaps be the diffuser row or the medals system of a certain Mr Ecclestone.

In an attempt to get a more accurate reading of skill ratings for players, I introduced some code this week that took into account recent form and history... On paper it should have given a much better approximation of skill than just using the equipment... In practice it hasn't quite worked out as intended, and rather than refine it and add to confusion, I'll revert to the old system - but make it a little clearer.
(I'd rather get the race ready for the F1 season than spend many days tinkering with the formula for skill)

Some managers have been struggling in the more professional level competitions. The main solution for that is to reduce the amount of maxed out equipment you have, perhaps by going back to premium tyres so that you get reassessed as an amateur rather than a professional.

I'm going to press on with a few seasons of the controversial Amateur Alliance competitions to see if this lower-point scoring competition for amatuer skilled racers is a good thing to have. There is a heated debate about this at present and as with most things and in formula one, testing and analysis will pay dividends.
I think there is room for a competition for those not fortunate to have an stack of pre-saved setups and the best equipment in town, but there is opposition, so we have to test it. I know how it must be like to be the proposed 14th formula one team now!

Where are these updates? I hear you say.

Ok, not much but bugfixes mainly:

* fixed a stig exploit where you could get to see more hints by turning him on and off.
* reigned the tame race driver (stig) in a little.
* fixed an exploit where you could get to see the setup % from older runs.
* added a help page where you can now get help by sending a message to a marshal (it lists who is online)
* added some more features to the academy pages so you can organize your members into groups.
* academies now listed with languages spoken by owner, to help new members who apply
* fixed a bug where the academy ratings were not displayed correctly.
* put back the older rating calculation of earlier this week, so for some, your skill rating will change.
* will restart the league (slightly later that originally advertised)
* made some minor optimizations.

Right, hopefully everything runs smoothly and it's still dark enough outside so I can nip over to the neighbours garden and cut Mrs PSB some lovely flowers for valentines day!

(Posted on PSB Forum)

Pitstopboss F1 Game News Update - 17th Feb 2010

Welcome to a new update. It's not big, but it has a few minor additions.

Firstly, due to the fallout of alliance-gate, it seems that the passion and commitment members to their teams has resulted in a breakdown of inter-alliance talks. In some cases it's been so bad that I have had to rustle up an "ignore-list" for the chat area.
For those who reckon diplomacy has failed, they can activate it from in their "community" section of the menu.
A failure of diplomacy comes at a price though, so use wisely and as a last resort!

That list in full, then:

* Added a shoutbox ignore-list.
* Added an option to stop accepting entries to your alliance.
* All new Amateur level Alliance competitions require you to be on level 2 tyres (PSB premiums, Star Performance or Controls)
* Fixed an issue (ok, i forgot) so Academies can now list and send mail by group (should be on the front page of your academy now)
* Issued Stig with another speeding ticket to slow him down a bit more and made some adjustments to fix an exploit.
* Minor bug fixes.
* Updated some language files.

(Posted on PSB Forum)

• jacques_brabham

just started playing...a bunch of questions

I'm about 4 days into the game and have been getting some great help from the academy (thanks dave_hayes).
It's a lot of fun so far!

Here are a few questions I have been compiling, and probably easier to ask in a forum.

1. UPGRADES: If I purchase upgrades for my cars, and then get a new chassis or engine contract, do I lose the upgrades I paid for or are they removed from the chassis/engine before the replacement arrives?

2. UPGRADES: If I buy an upgrade costing Euros 1000, but I have 4 drivers, will I actually pay Eur 4000 ?

3. NEW CONTRACTS: I understand my start-up tyres, chassis and engine can't be sold, but let's say I eventually sell my 2nd chassis to buy a 3rd one. There is a period between selling one and waiting for the auction on your purchase to finish (which you aren't guaranteed to win). Doesn't this mean you could have a huge downtime when you cannot race? Or, if you sell your chassis, you simply default back to a basic chassis and can contnue to race in the interim?

4. SPONSORSHIP - I just grabbed 4 sponsors at random when I started. Then I read in the Academy a comment to avoid a sponsor whose reward is a level 12 upgrade, and I do have one such sponsor. Can I cancel my sponsorship midstream, and if so, will I have to pay a penalty of any kind? Should I do it?

5. SPONSORSHIP - I didn't notice if my sponsors paid me cash up front. Do they pay some up front, plus a bonus on completion of the objectives? Or is it all after completion?

6. SAVED SET-UPS - I had my first ever round on a track I had seen before, only with a different driver. What was near perfect for one driver was 60% for the second driver. But if my first driver sees that same track again, could I expect the saved setting to remain near perfect (assuming same weather/temp)?

7. BIDDING ON A CONTRACT - In the wiki, there is a screen-capture showing the highest bid so far. In the game I don't see that highest bid shown anywhere. However, in the drop-down box of possible bids, sometimes the minimum I can bid is 7K, sometimes 9K, sometimes 25K....is this telling me the bid I would need to enter to outbid the highest so far?

8. SET-UP - In the track data, there are hints for setting up some data which does not appear on the Monitor screen - ride-height for example. Do I need to buy some better equipment or a pit-crew to utilise those features, or or be a Supporter, or are they simply not yet implemented?

That's it for the moment...I'm sure I will think of more!

Thank you for any help offered :)

• pit-stop-boss

Hi there!

Thanks for joining and glad you're enjoying things so far!
To answer your questions...

1. Upgrades are removed (you keep them).

2. The upgrades cost is slightly more for more drivers, but not much (maybe as much as 1 hundred per driver).

3. You are right, if you old your chassis,tyres,engine etc, you are automatically given a standard issue item, so you can always race.

4. There is no penalty for cancelling a sponsor.

5. All sponsors pay upon completion.

6. Each time a driver visits the same track with the same conditions, the optimum setup will be slightly different (saved setups help, but you will still need to do some setup work again). Each driver may have a slightly different driving style (some are closer than others) so this will also affect setups, however 2 drivers in a race is always better than 1, as you have more options available regarding setup direction.

7. You will need to have the highest bid to win a contract. the system will let you know if you have not met the highest bid. In the early stages of the game you cannot make bids (this also safeguards you from making high bids when you do not need to).

8. In the lower levels, the competitions are much easier regarding what you need to setup the car. As you go up through the levels or become more skilled, more setup variables open up.. and staff such as pitcrew.

I hope that helps you get started and answers those questions.

Your academy boss is very experienced and will also help you along.

:)

Pitstopboss F1 Game News Update - 24th Feb 2010

A small update today with a few adjustments.

* Adjusted the factory upgrade auto-renew so that it starts on the last day of the contract.
* Allowed drivers to continue in races if the contract runs out mid-race, subject to a 500cr daily fee.
* Adjusted the Beginner comps so they do not have bad weather
* Adjusted the points needed to get to level 2.
* Added SMS payment options for purchasing liveries.
* Added a weekday-only competition.

We will be having some brief (i'm assured it will be very brief!!) downtime at some time in the next few days as the server technicians give the server an oil change and some new boots before the start of the Formula One season.

...and now I go back to the race-coding den for the next few days!

(Posted on PSB Forum)

Hooray...
a newbie has found our RD forum...

When u need help Jaques...just ask in your academy chatroom...
if I am online..i will answer straight away...
if not..i will reply via pm when i can.

hope you stay here in the RD forum...lots of cool stuff to read..and plenty of cool people to meet.

:redface:and bernie thinks I'm very experienced...please...don't embarrass me

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 133 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%
  • < 5 years