F1 2010 Old F1 2010 modding threads (merged)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloads: A new file has been added by System:

Realistic Onboard Cams

More Close to the real thing
and no more movement at T-cams

67576330572309.jpg

67576300911179.jpg

Have you checked if auto-save still works...? I tried the mod provided by someone else which added AI damage (worked nicely) but I found the game stopped saving afterwards. I change the file back to the normal/standard file and it starts working again.

add: to clarify, this happens once I start my Career. It seems to be ok once I logon but after starting the Career, it stopped the saves everywhere.

couple of questions.
1 do these replace the helmets for the Ai drivers or are these selectable for us to use or both?
2 i would love it if you could make a plain white template for the 2048x2048 for photoshop with shading and parts layers. so people could use it to make thier own helmets.

Good to hear things are turning out well and such good progress is being made.
Checking out this thread every day to keep track of progress (and hopefully someday to pick up the :cool: mod itself)

Keep up the good work and thanks in advance to everyone involved in making this the most wanted F1 2010 mod !
Thanks for the patience and encouragement mate :). We don't want to be cruel and give tidbits, but be assured that we are all working in our sparetime pretty much every day to have this finished. We just want to get it right and into a nice cohesive package for final release :)

Thank you very much for profound explanation :)
I can understand how difficult to tweak F1 2010 AI precisely, and your teams are working on making the AI driving as close to the human professional F1 drivers as possible.
That is really ... and really great !
Formerly I've been a Grand Prix 4 fan and loved playing. GP4 has a good AI comparatively, but far from the perfect one. And when I think back, there has been no F1 title that had completed AI.
But now, AI of F1 2010 is getting closer to the ideal one, and I'm really looking forward to the accomplishment of your team's work :) !
I share pretty much the same opinion as you Tommi :). I really enjoy many aspect of the CM AI that they got except for the terrible balancing and corner performance issues. I think we can fix most of it quite well so the AI will be lots of fun!

Error-id10t. This is not related to this mod only. Lots of mods will make your savegame don't work anymore BUT this will happen only if you are on patched version. And if you are, you can find a fix in this forum which will allow you to have autosave to work. Come on guys, look around before telling every non-sense.

lol. How is it nonsense. Maybe some of your mods make it stop but I use many from here and non have stopped it from working??? If you know this will stop saving from working, maybe include that so people know they need to find the 'other' fix.

add: yeap, using the patched version. I'm just asking the question, sorry some here feel like they don't need to put all the details about possible problems.

Error-id10t. This is not related to this mod only. Lots of mods will make your savegame don't work anymore BUT this will happen only if you are on patched version. And if you are, you can find a fix in this forum which will allow you to have autosave to work. Come on guys, look around before telling every non-sense.

Problem with the save fix is that it disables the benchmark feature. Not that important I admit, but I use it when I install a graphic-related mod in order to see the performance hit. ;)

I knew about the fake quali times, but to have a challenging experience to your skill level, you have to be able to set proper difficulty levels. At the moment the tracks are not consistent at all. Some like catalunya is way harder than others and that can ruin a race for you if you set the AI too easy or too hard.. Let alone a consistent season.. If my results depends on the track I'm playing than something is wrong.. and I'm not talking about if I like a track or not.. The AI should be as fast as the real life in legendary difficulty and 2-3 sec slower on every lower diff. settings accordingly.
I know you rather work how the AI behaves on the track then lap times, but that is important too.

The best AI so far +1! :) Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 186 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline