Old ETS 2 Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaceDepartment

Administrator
Staff
SCS Software has released quite some videos of their upcoming Euro Truck Simulator 2 project the last couple of months and today they added one with a few glimpses of nature in the game.

Truck simulations are not often covered by sim racing blogs and websites but this game might change that. No its not about racing but true simulation fans will love it for the real driving experience, the game environment, the fine details of the models and the ambient traffic that gives you the impression of you being a real lorry driver.

We think this game will be pretty awesome. Would you like to be informed more often about this upcoming simulation here on the RD news? Leave your comments below!

Attachments

• trucks.jpg
    trucks.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 6,078
Lol, is it wrong to want this!

And also on Steam there is a farm simulator! Dont know why but for som reason I feel the need! My God I am dying here!

Same feelings here! When I was a kid I used to play 18 Wheels of Steel and I loved it, although I never played it seriously.
I don't understand why this game attracts me.. but it looks damn good and I like the level of customisation.
I'll follow the progression of this game, I might just get it upon release. If and when I do get it, I'll play it purely as a way to relax instead of the usual racing action ;)

I've played the previous games a fair bit over the years and they are quite enjoyable. Definitely interested in this one but while the screens are nice, looks are not everything. The physics and AI traffic have been a real let-down in most of the other games, which is a pretty major problem since driving a big heavy truck in traffic is what the game is all about. Hoping they'll have sorted those issues this time around.

I'm pretty sure this will be epic.
Hope so. The proof will be in the pudding, as they say.
i have Euro Truck Simulator 1 , is number 2 a major difference? i know your shots are edited so i have no idea if it is better or not.
That's what we're saying... we don't know if it will be better or not because it isn't finished yet. :) The screens seem to show that the production values are much higher than the previous 'budget' titles, but until we can get behind the wheel we won't know.

So then, can someone give us an outline here?

Is this game going to simulate work? Are you going to get up, drive to work, haul a trailer then go home!

Whats hte basic outline, or is it about making the driving tough and having to learn how to drive a truck?

So then, can someone give us an outline here?

Is this game going to simulate work? Are you going to get up, drive to work, haul a trailer then go home!

Whats hte basic outline, or is it about making the driving tough and having to learn how to drive a truck?
You buy a truck, take jobs, drive and deliver goods across Europe, earn money, take more jobs, drive and deliver more goods, and so on.
It's a simulator; real trucks, cockpits, trailers, roads, traffic, traffic rules. Like Railworks Train Simulator, only in more dimensions :p

Previous title: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro_Truck_Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 193 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline