Next Fridays [02.05.] Update speculation thread

No speculation thread. Whats up here?

My speculation is, we might get some sort of MP. Would be bad for me, because I am at a real racetrack that Weekend and can not try that out.

And on top of that, I think we get more damage.

PS: is there a lotus left, we might get? :D

Never played LFS but i can say that I've never had online races as clean as I have in iRacing unless I was playing with a known group of friends online. Even in the dreaded rookie series, accidents were far less common than a pick-up and play match in any other online racing game so I would say the iRacing SR is a success in that regard.

• Deleted member 151827

iRacing is the exception to that rule. Whether you agree or disagree with safety rating, it does help weed out the people that race like idiots.
It also makes people afraid that other people are gonna kill there rating. There is two sides to that.

gonna be a lotus or tuned car version n minor fixes imo, they are very quiet on mp, i think it will not come out soon, they have to make it run good with big fields in multiplayer, even top end pc's are struglling to getgood fps on max in single player

While that is true, what else can you use to hold people accountable? Nothing because its a virtual car.

I think the safety rating works pretty well-- certainly not perfect but what is? Something else could be done in the virtual world though it would not be too popular. iRacing could have a series where they charge $ everytime you wreck your car. Total wrecks= need to buy a new car, partial would mean a few dollars to repair. Or you could also add in something like a total wreck in week 4 means you can't race again that week for points and perhaps even prevents you from racing in week 5.

Of course this sounds pretty crazy and most people would not want to race in that series but, technically, it would add a bit more simulation to the mix. Most low level race teams that have a major wreck are really pinched for resources and can't always get a new car or fix it overnight and I think it effects driver behavior in those teams more than the big factory sponsored race teams.

I think the safety rating works pretty well-- certainly not perfect but what is? Something else could be done in the virtual world though it would not be too popular. iRacing could have a series where they charge $ everytime you wreck your car. Total wrecks= need to buy a new car, partial would mean a few dollars to repair. Or you could also add in something like a total wreck in week 4 means you can't race again that week for points and perhaps even prevents you from racing in week 5.

Of course this sounds pretty crazy and most people would not want to race in that series but, technically, it would add a bit more simulation to the mix. Most low level race teams that have a major wreck are really pinched for resources and can't always get a new car or fix it overnight and I think it effects driver behavior in those teams more than the big factory sponsored race teams.

Personally I'm not fond of the pay to play model - reminds me too much of EA's RR3 title and I stopped playing because of it. On the other hand I do see a points model working. You are awarded points for every clean race you run regardless of how you finish but you must finish to get your points. Your points can then be used to "repair" the car in the event of an accident (we all have them from time to time). If you don't have enough points then you're out until the next race. So if you're always smashing into other racers you very quickly smarten up or you don't get to race.

That's what I'm guessing. Or they're being low-key about something. Either way we don't have long to wait until we all find out. But I still can't wait to see what Kunos brings on Friday.

I can't wait either. I'm just curious if someone else knows of something that they haven't posted on Facebook. But whatever it is, it will make the game better than it already is. Every update so far has.

Never played LFS but i can say that I've never had online races as clean as I have in iRacing unless I was playing with a known group of friends online. Even in the dreaded rookie series, accidents were far less common than a pick-up and play match in any other online racing game so I would say the iRacing SR is a success in that regard.
Sorry but you know nothing mate. lfs races can be very clear. its all about fun, with ir a lot of drivers running some fookin race od their lifes, senna mode on, they wanna win a race in t1

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back