Next Fridays [02.05.] Update speculation thread

No speculation thread. Whats up here?

My speculation is, we might get some sort of MP. Would be bad for me, because I am at a real racetrack that Weekend and can not try that out.

And on top of that, I think we get more damage.

PS: is there a lotus left, we might get? :D

Didn't they say for the F70 (Not the f*cking LaFerrari, the gayest name in the history of anything) that it would be included in V1.0? I'm pretty sure that Marco posted about it several times saying it would be in v1.0.
I can't remember if he said it was coming with 1.0 or later in a free DLC. Either way I'm interested in seeing the F70. Not sure what this LaFerrari thing is, sounds dumb. :whistling:

Anyone wondering the progress on the P1 so far? Well, according to Marco, the body is coming along nicely but everything else is yet to come...

Also, I think it goes without saying that anyone who is expecting it in this coming update should get a mental health check ;)

image.jpg

*Drools*

Last edited:
After so many atempts on been positive over the MP release,this time it really looks like they have no choice...it will be v0.9 for sure and bugs needs to be sorted out before final version...but hold on,i won`t bet yet...we might get MP in the 0.9.5 version....so...soon?
confused-face-smiley-emoticon.gif

Its got to be multiplayer soon as they will need to iron out any bugs :rolleyes:
Also gives us a chance to feed back on issues :rolleyes:

It can theoretically still be years away if they wish, since they can release v0.10, 0.11, 0.999 etc., so there's no real indication that it should be soon.

But we can only hope.

Anyone wondering the progress on the P1 so far? Well, according to Marco, the body is coming along nicely but everything else is yet to come...

Also, I think it goes without saying that anyone who is expecting it in this coming update should get a mental health check ;)

View attachment 54133

*Drools*

If McLaren refuse to tell us the 'Ring laptime, we will just have set one ourselves.

Sub-7 here we come...

I'd like to see MP in place. I'm not bothered if its not fully functional but why not release it with ghosting cars like in Toca Race Driver, so at least you can test the online code in a larger scale. That way if you get jerky opponents etc it won't cause chaos as there won't be any needed collision code.

If no MP I would like to see more of a damage model in place. Atm damage doesn't exist and I certainly don't want to be racing online like in rF2 where you have a touch and the other person flys off into the distance like a bouncy ball because there is no damage.

content which is still to come according to the official website for v1.0:

cars:
Ferrari LaFerrari
Ferrari F458 GT2
Lotus 2-11 GT4
Lotus Exige S
Lotus 98T
Mercedes Benz SLS AMG
Mercedes Benz SLS AMG GT3

tracks:
Spa
Silverstone National
Trento Bondone

features:
career
multiplayer :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

They said some time ago there is some content which will be released with v1.0, my guess definitely LaFerrari... Not sure how this plays out though especially with the Mercs.
But anyway whatever we get if we get anything new content wise will be pretty sweet (especially that Lotus and I don't mean the 2-11 ;))

EDIT: added content from Ales post
Lotus Evora SR is also missing

All the talk of MP has me worried...with so many drivers eager to get out on the grid, how many of them will be safe...IMHO all the MP excitement will dim pretty quickly if the driving ends up being unprofessional. Kunos will give it when the give it...instead of talking about MP, time to start forming leagues of competent drivers that can do the MP justice when it arrives.

All the talk of MP has me worried...with so many drivers eager to get out on the grid, how many of them will be safe...IMHO all the MP excitement will dim pretty quickly if the driving ends up being unprofessional. Kunos will give it when the give it...instead of talking about MP, time to start forming leagues of competent drivers that can do the MP justice when it arrives.
We're working on that here but you may want to look into becoming a licensed member here.

Well, i guess the only way you can counter the inevitable wave of incompetence is to be as competent as possible yourself ;).
Separating the ones who want to seriously race from the ones who want to fool around should be not more of a problem than it is in other sims.

Safety rating would fix that...but iRacing already has that.

Well, i guess the only way you can counter the inevitable wave of incompetence is to be as competent as possible yourself ;).
Separating the ones who want to seriously race from the ones who want to fool around should be not more of a problem than it is in other sims.

iRacing is the exception to that rule. Whether you agree or disagree with safety rating, it does help weed out the people that race like idiots.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 410 40.0%