New F1 replica wheel by Sala Motorsport

Hi guys,

Came across this new company that is making an exciting new product. It's an F1 wheel that is made with the exact same pre preg autoclave process of the actual f1 wheels. Probably the closest thing to the real thing and some how even better!

Its been posted on the leo bodnar forums but I'll share it here as well for those that are considering the ultimate f1 wheel rim. Here are the details of the wheel.

SalaMotorsport are 80% complete on the new F1 Sim steering wheel and it will be available in the new year.
This wheel is pre-preg carbon fibre construction and will use the new Leo Bodnar SLI-F1 unit and has 28 control buttons,switches and dials, all fully programmable.
Made in the exact process that the real formula one (£45,000) wheels are made and only the best materials and top quality switches from Leo Bodnar are used in its construction.
Production wheels will have Alcantara grips, leather or suede, clear extra led’s and Electrical Lifeline quick release bosses with adapters for all types of wheel base.
It will be come in its own flightcase for protection.
More updates to follow.
The Salamotorsport website will be up and running at the start of 2013.

The interesting thing is he's gonna definitely consider making other f1 replica wheels in the future.
There's currently adapters for ecci and g25/g27, but he will be making adapters for the CSR elite and also the CSW.
The lifeline quick release comes with an option of either wired 4 pin or 8 pin. The 8 pin will definitely come handy for wiring the 4 wires that connect to the extra vibration motors that come with the CSR-E rims and the CSW rims. And can be purchased pre wired from Scott by Sala Motorsport. There are no information as to when this will be launched as it is also very dependant on launch of the SLI-f1. All dimensions and details, Scott seems to be striving to get them as close as possible to the real lie counterpart. In my opinion, it looks worthy of a display piece, to be framed in a man cave!

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

He's even built his own autoclave for this
file.php

@Blkout I'm on the fence on weather to keep my CSW setup and get it modded or to save up for the AF wheel instead. I agree Sala is creating some stunning items. Very Pagani like! Not only functional hardware but also works of art!

Kudos!

Upvote 0
About $5K is why you don't hear much talk about them. I've heard that they're very hard to get too, but I've never tried with that price tag. I'm patiently waiting for the Accuforce wheel.
It's not $5000 mate. It's about $3000 with extra wheel rims. Brilliant wheels. I have them and i really can't imagine the need for more ffb tho.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi guys. I had the joy and privilege to receive the very first sala Motorsport f1 Ferrari f138 replica wheel.

Its by far the most exquisite piece of simracing hardware I've ever come across. Every single minute detail on this replicates the real thing and feels to me like fine handcrafted jewelry or watches. I was waiting almost a year for it, due to the release of Leo Bodnar's sli-f1.

Here are some images and an initial Unboxing video. I'd have to say that it still really looks a lot better in real life than in pictures.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

For more hi res images visit this link

http://imageshack.com/user/nickchong83/a/(null)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    486.9 KB · Views: 453
Last edited:
Upvote 0
By what I can tell from the images, this really is a piece of top quality work. I can only compare with the Amalgam replica I modified - I never saw the real thing, and the Sala one is hard to distinguish from the Amalgam. Utterly impressive!

Congrats to both buyer and manufacturer!

/Jessun

Upvote 0
Looks awesome, Nick. How does it compare to the Roso? Will you be posting videos of game play sessions with it on your YouTube channel?

Upvote 0
Looks awesome, Nick. How does it compare to the Roso? Will you be posting videos of game play sessions with it on your YouTube channel?
Yes. I can post some gameplay videos with an in depth review of it in a week. To be fair. I'd say both Roso and Sala makes excellent wheels, they actually both feel really good in different ways. Both are equally in the same league. Of course Scott's wheels are way more accurate to the real thing in it's details.

Upvote 0
Finally took some product photos for the Sala Wheel. Might be used for the website. Simply a work of art! I could look at it all day.

Disclaimer: The resin ferrari stickers were sourced by myself. In order to avoid infringement, the wheel is supplied with a sala logo in the middle. All the labels with a white border was added by myself as well. :)

Photos taken in my studio and with a fujifilm x-t1 35mm f1.4

DSCF1792_zpsba70386f.jpg

DSCF1785_zpsa9004d3f.jpg

DSCF1789_zps6a8b70f7.jpg

DSCF1784_zps539c8fb4.jpg

DSCF1781_zps0d31096e.jpg

DSCF1780_zps034ad724.jpg

DSCF1776_zps1f177bd3.jpg

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing