New F1 replica wheel by Sala Motorsport

Hi guys,

Came across this new company that is making an exciting new product. It's an F1 wheel that is made with the exact same pre preg autoclave process of the actual f1 wheels. Probably the closest thing to the real thing and some how even better!

Its been posted on the leo bodnar forums but I'll share it here as well for those that are considering the ultimate f1 wheel rim. Here are the details of the wheel.

SalaMotorsport are 80% complete on the new F1 Sim steering wheel and it will be available in the new year.
This wheel is pre-preg carbon fibre construction and will use the new Leo Bodnar SLI-F1 unit and has 28 control buttons,switches and dials, all fully programmable.
Made in the exact process that the real formula one (£45,000) wheels are made and only the best materials and top quality switches from Leo Bodnar are used in its construction.
Production wheels will have Alcantara grips, leather or suede, clear extra led’s and Electrical Lifeline quick release bosses with adapters for all types of wheel base.
It will be come in its own flightcase for protection.
More updates to follow.
The Salamotorsport website will be up and running at the start of 2013.

The interesting thing is he's gonna definitely consider making other f1 replica wheels in the future.
There's currently adapters for ecci and g25/g27, but he will be making adapters for the CSR elite and also the CSW.
The lifeline quick release comes with an option of either wired 4 pin or 8 pin. The 8 pin will definitely come handy for wiring the 4 wires that connect to the extra vibration motors that come with the CSR-E rims and the CSW rims. And can be purchased pre wired from Scott by Sala Motorsport. There are no information as to when this will be launched as it is also very dependant on launch of the SLI-f1. All dimensions and details, Scott seems to be striving to get them as close as possible to the real lie counterpart. In my opinion, it looks worthy of a display piece, to be framed in a man cave!

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

He's even built his own autoclave for this
file.php

Well, instead of an amalgam replica with fake buttons and nothing works. this seems better. to mod an amalgam wheel to be fully operational it will definitely cost more than that. Plus, the maker is very responsive with emails and gives updates regularly. For f1 fans who collects memorabilia this should be one on the list to collect at least.

A roso wheel with the upgraded knitter buttons and the lifeline quick release is pretty close to this price. last time i bought the roso wheel with no extra options it cost me about 800 pounds plus to get it to me. because of the VAT and delivery handling charges.

also some small details like an 8pin connection to the lifeline will be wired. so those who are using the fanatec wheels will be able to re wire back those small vibration motors found in the original wheels alongside with the sli-f1.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's around 1600€, not more than 2000€. You are a bit over reacting! ;)

Then it changed again, last time i checked with paypal 1200 pounds was 1800€, some days ago though.

Nicholas Chong

Well, i meant Sala get a amalgam replica and get their molds for their wheels out of it, you understamd? I know that you and marcus Hwang not really like my mod but i can just promise you my latest Mod is better then zroso wheel for sure, while i offer also a support wich zroso never heard about. Now think about some clutch added at least to my mod and that for less then 800€ not pounds.;)

Upvote 0
Then it changed again, last time i checked with paypal 1200 pounds was 1800€, some days ago though.

Nicholas Chong

Well, i meant Sala get a amalgam replica and get their molds for their wheels out of it, you understamd? I know that you and marcus Hwang not really like my mod but i can just promise you my latest Mod is better then zroso wheel for sure, while i offer also a support wich zroso never heard about. Now think about some clutch added at least to my mod and that for less then 800€ not pounds.;)
Please don't use PayPal for currency conversion, they charge a lot more than bank rate. :)
Btw, your mod turn out really good. Are they the same size as the T500?

Upvote 0
I must say that this wheel is very impressive to look at. I hope it is just as impressive to hold as the cost would be something very dear to part with for me, heheh.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing