Need For Speed: SHIFT & SHIFT 2 Unleashed

Bang on. I could not agree more. (Michael's comment about E.A. also was so true). It's was very interesting early in the first GRID series that we used slower cars and street courses. I remember Boothy saying "you all are slow because you just need to downshift for that 90 degree turn, no brake!"). Now it dawns on me what he was trying to say (which is probably why he's so good at just being good at any racing game) -- Autosport involves aggressive sliding, aggressive attack of the apexes, and skill with the throttle.

Hey someone finally got it :laugh: Why you think i went for the Atom around Abu Dhabi. You can slide the car about and put it where you want it to go.:thumbsup: With F1 im alot more gentle mainly with the steering as it scrubs off speed through the corners. It takes about 15 laps to settle at a decent pace on a racing game. I used to beat my dad at F1 games when i was 9 :laugh: and then their was the time at Xmas when i played V-Rally with my family and i was the only one who finished a stage with the camera over the nose. If you can ever hunt that down for PS1 it's epic fun shits on all the rally games ive played since

PS ive got literally none of your tags :laugh:

ok. so how the heck do you know which car is gt1? is there a list somewhere?

All you really need to do is look at the title of the car. GT1 or GT3 will appear in the actual name of the car if it's in that class. Look at #7 & 8 for instance....
http://wiki.nfsunlimited.net/wiki/SHIFT_2_Unleashed_Car_List

But here is a list just in case....good page with breakdown
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=242137770&insideModal=1

Here is one man's opinion of the best in each lot:
http://benwake.com/gaming/racing/shift2/the-best-gt3-and-gt1-cars-in-shift-2-unleashed/

Shift2 International GT Series
February 7, 2014 @ 9pm GMT; 4pm EST U.S.
Williow Springs GP
(Dusk)
_____________________________________​
The game is very inexpensive, around six quid. To participate you should download the DLC that unlocks ALL of the cars (not cars and tracks, but that's cheap too). It's very inexpensive, about six quid, and worth every penny. This can be avoided by buying the cars with game cash.

XBOX 360

Your host will be OctoberDusk06 and this race is open to all who wish to participate, whether a full time driver (given preference) or not. There are tunes for each car available here: http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/renown-tuning-unleashed-™.196236/

1. The first race will be in time attack mode with the Hardest A.I. filling out the field. The time will be set to "long" which is about 8 minutes on most tracks. Standing start and no restarts. The A.I. will not be included in the standings, but they are "part of the track" so to speak, so contact with them is never faulted. The finishing order of this race is the lineup (in order of finish), for the next race. Full points for this race.

2. The second race will be a standing start with a parade lap so that wheels can be fixed and we can get in the proper order from the first race. No A.I. The number of laps will be 25. Points will be as explained below with no points in either race for pole or fastest lap.

The scoring system is as follows:

Points System

Points: 1-25; 2-18; 3-15; 4-12; 5-10; 6-8; 7-6; 8-4; 9-2; 10-1
(Each Race scores points)

ALL RACES WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN THIS THREAD, WHICH WILL SERVE AS A CATCH ALL FOR THIS SERIES.

Notice To: @Peter Hooper, @Railer Cantrell, @Matthew Booth, @Karl Fuss, @Wessel Slagter, @Chris Hempsall, @Balazs Floszmann @Michael Watts, @Dmitriy Ivanov

NOTE:
- The game will not allow pit stops
- Damage will be “full”
- Collisions will be “on”
- Tuning will be allowed.
- No assists; helmet or cockpit view only.

Eligible GT1 Cars For This Race:
Aston Martin DBR9
Corvette C6R
Matech Ford GT
Lamborghini Murcielago R-SV
Maserati MC12
Nissan SUMO POWER GT-R

Please sign up by noting your name and gamertag below. Help us pass the time until the glut of new games arrives on the next gen systems and get a very small peek at pCARS at the same time, from the same studios.

Driver Sign Up:
1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06
2. Michael Watts/ Michaei Watts
3. Railer Cantrell / HRH 5 Racing
4. karl fuss / niblips2

Last edited:
1:17.77X. Now I know I'm nowhere near Michael and his Maserati, but keep in mind we are running at Dusk. Post your best times when running then. Once I got the understeer under control, 4th gear reminded me of being able to control the car's angle similar to the carousel at Road America. Good stuff!

Actually Peter, I was able to find a few cars I can push. They are the cars that feel really stable using Robert's wheel settings. Obviously there are limitations with each track, but I was able to find that perfect medium and set some respectable lap times. But, yes I do find myself "rolling" the center of the corners more than I would in Grid, especially at Brands. I will probably focus on getting the cars to work on the ovals today and should be good fun.

That's a good description, except for the last roundabout at Willow. That reminds me of the Carousel at Road America. You can really use some slight looseness to your advantage, but you are playing with fire since this game is so finicky. I think you are right Mike, in that the wheel settings I have work better for different cars. It's generally acknowledged that the Maserati is the fastest just stock, but I like the feel of the Chevy (It shoudl be the fastest, considering all the series' and races it has dominated). The Aston is not bad either, but a little skittish for me. Truth be told, I chose the Chevy for the pure sound. lol. I may have to get my headphones plugged back in for this one. lol.

I will try and make this race as well. Hoping to get Force Feedback at the start. Robert, is there a chance we have a Parade Lap, That way us Fail-atec users can reset our wheel and restart in the back of the pack?
Michael Watts/ Michaei Watts

1:17.77X. Now I know I'm nowhere near Michael and his Maserati, but keep in mind we are running at Dusk. Post your best times when running then. Once I got the understeer under control, 4th gear reminded me of being able to control the car's angle similar to the carousel at Road America. Good stuff!
I was trying to get a feel for the track, there feels like there is more speed there if I could just get the tuning down. I WANTED to drive the Lambo, but I think the Masseratti suits my driving style better since I'm fairly aggressive on the throttle. I still have a couple of corners to Master at Willow Springs. I may get on later today as my Flight has been cancelled and rescheduled for early tomorrow due to Winter Storm Linus.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 262 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 171 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 169 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 128 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 231 13.6%