NASCAR '14

nascar14logo_27698.nphd.jpg

New NASCAR title by Eutechnyx is coming to PC (Steam), PS3 and Xbox 360. Release Date? 2/18/2014

Will you buy it? Can we expect some races here at RD?

NASCAR14_Screenshot02.jpg

1389604732_nascar-14.jpg

NASCAR14_Screenshot04.jpg

No... Just no. I bought the 2013 game, and with the exception of Racing Manager 2014 (and the Pole Position Manager games - the new ones) I've never ever experienced any racing game this bad.

So, no. I will not give them a single cent of my money again.

If it is good, I will buy it. If it is not good I will not buy it.

I have hope that perhaps they realized what went wrong in past years and have a more mature game.. but we will see.

Also there needs to be a mid-late 60s or early 70s mod for it. :thumbsup:

This game is sim or arcade ?
I saw few "arcade" like GT Forza GRID WRC4... etc. mixed with sim games :confused:
and I am confused now :geek: because they are not simulators:)

Last edited:
I bought NASCAR '14 in spite of the mixed reviews, and after playing it at first, I hated it and thought about staying with NASCAR Racing 2003 with all my mods despite the Jurrasic graphics.

But I decided to persevere and kept playing with the settings. The most important thing in the title, it turns out, is setting steering linearity. You want it somewhere in the middle. I have mine set one click to the right of dead center, and as soon as I set that, my force feedback started working acceptably and from there it was just a matter of setting up my car. So I'm glad I didn't give up on it. I actually like the title now.

So if you've got this title and have been disliking it, give the controller settings another tweak and try it again. If you get the steering linearity right, it makes all the difference. After that, work on setting up your car, especially caster. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Oubaas

NASCAR 14 has many bugs. I didn't dislike the the driving physics but the AI and the fact that they went from having 40 (AI) cautions in a 600 mile race to having 4 (AI) cautions in an entire season. They never fixed the bugs from Inside Line and added more fodder to suck in the ADD (Casual) Gamers. I'm going to give 15' a chance on May 22, its only $20. After that all I can do is hope that 16' on the XboxOne is going to way better. NASCAR Racing 2003 was definitely the best game ever, but good news the guy that's running DMi (Ed Martin) was part of that Papyrus team responsible for the NASCAR Racing series and the founding of iRacing. If they could just get back to Racing instead of Gimmick filled Days of Thunder/Talladega Nights racing we might have something we can cherish for years to come.

I would love to see a bang on Nascar sim on console like those that Papyrus produced back in the day. Loved every one of their titles and still have them knocking around in the loft.

My only option at present is Nascar 08 which I have had a lot of fun with but like the others has some problems.

Yeah Peter, I think DMi will do a great job. I hope they have learned from Eutechnyx, and EA's mistakes and make a more Sim Focused Racing game with out all the Gimmicks that was filler for the "Casual Gamer". As much as I liked NASCAR 04-06-08, I am so into realism that I can't live in the past. NASCAR is an ever evolving sport with many facets. New Liveries every year and Silly season putting different drivers with new teams, and the all important rule changes to Body Styles and HP output. I just can't bring myself to drive another season in the Car of Tomorrow(Yesterday :roflmao:) when those Gen 6 cars are out there looking all Sexy and stuff :thumbsup:. I want to Race against Carl Edwards in the 19 Toyota and not the 99 Ford.
On another note, I did give F1 2014 a go last night, and had a blast in Career mode. I'm playing as Driver 2 in the Williams Mercedes and pulled off a 6th place (Massa 12th) after 58 laps in Melbourne. I only run 100% races, but it was good to back in the old F1 cockpit again. I had a few "offs" but that was to be expected after a 4 year hiatus. I feel it can only help me in other series as I continue to progress. The true challenge in NASCAR is going the full distance. It makes pit strategy and focus paramount to competing and winning. :thumbsup:

I totally agree about the up to date aspect of any game Michael and I would have grabbed 14 in a shot if it has been made available over here but unfortunately it was not. I did contact the publishers to see if there was any way to get it to work on a UK Xbox but it was a no go. I did even go as far as to look into getting a US Xbox with Robert's help just for that game but it was a bit of an issue whether it would work over here and for just one game the outlay was not really justifiable, especially with the bugs it has.

Unfortunately 15 although having a new developer is only an update of 14 (digital download only I hear) and is still going to be published by Deep Silver so it will not have any UK released :thumbsdown:

Hopefully when they release 16 which will be their first true game and released on the next gen systems will have a wider release so i'll have to wait for that.

Glad to see you are enjoying F1 2014 Michael :) It is incredible fun and brings some great racing both with AI and real drivers. You should give our league a try out.. still very good grids each week and some fantastic racing to be had there (http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/x360-f1-championship.114/). I'll pm you for more about the game rather than hijack this thread about it :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%