MotoGP: Valentino Rossi Returns To Yamaha

We knew it was coming anyway. The Ducati is not for most riders. It's the "muscle car" of motorcycles - max top speed but terrible handling. Hayden is relatively happy there because he likes the whole monster horsepower and tail-sliding it provides.

Rossi's nickname says it all - "The Doctor." He likes handling and smooth surgical precision. The Ducati is a chainsaw whereas Rossi wants a scapel. You could take the Stoner route and argue that is a flaw in Rossi's ultimate ability, but when he gets what he wants the results are unequaled.

In many ways, this is pretty similar to what Schumacher is going through in F1. He excelled in the days when you could push the car hard and essentially drive with the rear end. Now with the fragile Pirellis and new aero rules he's finding it hard to adjust to. That doesn't mean his accomplishments and ultimate talent level are any less.

It appears More Crap than News made up the Stoner quotes to stir the pot as per usual:

Q: Valentino, Casey has said this week, described a humbling experience for you. Has this been humbling, this a disappointing time --

STONER: I want to clarify that. That was a lot of context taken out. It was the whole last year and a half. I never did interview and never said anything like that last week. I still stand by what I said, but it's been over the last year and a half that it was put together.

Q: OK. So has this been a humbling experience for you?

ROSSI: I don't know what's been humbling? Oh, I cannot say no. I mean, you can use which word you prefer. I mean it was very, very difficult, is very difficult. It's not true that we don't try, we try the maximum. But we were never able to be -- I was never able to be fast with the Ducati, and this is a great, great pity, a very bad thing, especially for me and for my team.

http://motomatters.com/interview/2012/08/16/ims_press_release_2012_indianapolis_moto.html

Kenny Roberts will still be the best GP rider of all times.Remember the days of the two stroke?Yamaha was and will always will be the best team.To bad Rossi had to leave Yamaha.I for one,welcome him back.He can only add to his wins and make a stronger team.Lorenzo is a talented rider.With a few more years of experience,he could be one of the greatest.Time will tell.I hope Rossi kicks his ass though.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%