MotoGP: Valentino Rossi Returns To Yamaha

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

MotoGP: Valentino Rossi Returns To Yamaha

With the following breaking press release from Yamaha Factory Racing today the return of Valentino Rossi to Yamaha is confirmed. The Italian maestro will race the next two seasons for the Japanese manufacturer.
It is with great pleasure that Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd confirms the signing of Valentino Rossi to ride for the Yamaha Factory Racing MotoGP Team for 2013 and 2014.

Valentino Rossi first joined Yamaha in 2004 and achieved four MotoGP World Champion titles with the Yamaha YZR-M1 in...​

Last edited:
I think Cal Crutchlow could turn out to be a very good fit for the Duke. No nonsense guy that would point the bike at a corner and say "you will go there" other than the other way around.

He might well have been hanging around for a possible factory ride at Yamaha, but now that has gone for two years at least, why not a factory tilt with Ducati? I believe Bradley Smith is due a ride next year for Tech 3 so it could well be possible.

There are talks of a 2 yr contract in the offing for Cal, but as yet it seems he hasn't received any written offers to peruse with his management. I think the Audi buyout of Ducati could be what is holding up getting the deal done, as like ML2166 says, I believe Bradley Smith is being lined up for Tech 3 next year, so it seems Cal will be moving somewhere, if not Ducati.

Rossi and Ducati split as we've been talking about in the Ben Spies thread. Both parties have egg on their face although Ducati have come away looking worst. Dorna are no doubt happy with this result; they need to wring every cent from their cash cow before his retirement and what better way to do it for "the show". Rossi will be contending for wins and podiums next year for sure.

I wonder what Lorenzo thinks of the move as he'll most likely provide Yamaha with another world title and their second in three seasons.

Picture says it all. He wants to eat Rossi for breakfast, lunch and diner.

I think it will be much closer next year between Valentino and Jorge than people think.

I firmly believe Valentino feels he may have a point to prove next year. Especially after the last two torrid seasons he's had.

Some people have begun to write him off, for whatever reasons, whether it be the bike, or his age, his hunger for the sport. But turning down what has been touted as a 70 million Euro contract offer from Ducati, I think speaks volumes as to what his motivation is going to be for next year.

Going in as what I presume is going to be a number 2 rider, I think will suit Valentino very nicely....no expectations as such, no real pressure etc etc. A relaxed Valentino is a dangerous Valentino.

But....albeit a small but....let's not forget about a certain Mr Marc Marquez at Repsol next year. He could in fact be the one they all should be watching out for next year!

Lorenzo made a big Splash when he entered MotoGP, I think with the experience Marc Marquez is gaining as he goes along, combined with the huge talent he has and add to that dropping into one of the very top factory teams, could prove to be one of the riders to watch out for next year.

Thank fek for that, at least Rossi actually has some chance of retiring with his head held high should he be able to perform again properly.......mugello accident took the wind from his sails I fear tho.....

I think it will be close between them for sure. Wouldn't like to call it either way to be honest. We all know Rossi had the skill set to challenge Jorge, but age waits for no man.

Whether he beats him or not, its the sport and the series that wins when Valentino has a competitive bike. Just like all other sports and series MotoGP needs its legends mixing it up at the front, getting in front of they're cameras and press and generally making news stories.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/stoner-launches-motogp-attack-on-rossi-20120815-248bz.html

So the saga starts again...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing