Modding Questions Thread

@Milos Ancevski so i've looked insede the ctf files but i do not know what i must change inside them :O , in other side database file is already changed for each team with front and rea tyre wear hmmmm

looks somehow suspicous ^^ maybe the ai are too much coded with tyres?

@Milos Ancevski so i've looked insede the ctf files but i do not know what i must change inside them :O , in other side database file is already changed for each team with front and rea tyre wear hmmmm

looks somehow suspicous ^^ maybe the ai are too much coded with tyres?
I can't tell you ytm, I'm on a holiday. But I'm sure you can increase tyre wear for AI, or decrease for player in the ctf files

Sure? I was seeing you'r post in the WIP thread:
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/the-w-i-p-thread.68655/page-143#post-1694064
How you make it? I don't understand.
The reason of my interest it's because I like to create a complete 1999 season fictional 90's mod for Career...
ML provided the textures (don't ask me how) for Geckabor, who released a ... well .. edited mod with real sponsornames. (So, it's the only source ML said we shall grab and modify)
The rest is done by my edits:
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/the-w-i-p-thread.68655/page-144#post-1694293
http://racedepartment.com/forum/threads/ultimate-driver-specific-livery.85371/

Director Camera?

Is there anything like it in the game?

I want to make some cool action shots, but I feel myself severely hindered by the flashback/IR cameras in being able to make cool looking pictures so i'm wondering if i'm missing some sort of Director Camera possibility.

If it isn't in the game itself, is there a mod out there that could do the job? I have looked around but I haven't seen anything so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
AI CTF files are in the balanced folder, and the players are in the track folder right?

When I equalized the values with both files I get tons faster while it seems like the CPU got much slower. Just looking to confirm which files are which.

BTW, if anyone knows what the values affect it would be great to know as well ;)

Edit: after goofing around with it some more, is it right that all the cars files in the balanced folder is the same? For example, when I compare the sauber's ctf files in the balanced folder to the ferrari's, it is the same. The only time it is different is when you check the sauber's values in the track folder to the ferrari's in the track folder.

Last edited:
I have a question ... I have a few mods installed, mainly skins - I have this superb MP4-29 one / Geckarbor's Force India 2014 skin / w1n1x's C33 Sauber skin / The jlfan;s FW36 Williams / pebs RB10 / w1n1x's Ferrari F138 / ML2166's Merc standard skin. I also have a few Helmets - Nico Ros 2014 / Hamilton 2014 / Vettel Abu Dhabi Purple / Massa Brazil, Oh, and last of all, lyolik's rev-lights mod. I mostly play F12013 online in the UK, and recently I have been experiencing problems. When I get up close to another car on track it starts to jump/flicker around, and from the other drivers point of view I'M also jumping/flickering. Could this be due to having so many mods installed? Or perhaps a specific one? Or is it just typical connection/server issues? If anyone could shed any light it would be much appreciated, as it can ruin really good races. Thanks :)

(And any suggestions for better skins than I already have would be great :))

I have a question ... I have a few mods installed, mainly skins - I have this superb MP4-29 one / Geckarbor's Force India 2014 skin / w1n1x's C33 Sauber skin / The jlfan;s FW36 Williams / pebs RB10 / w1n1x's Ferrari F138 / ML2166's Merc standard skin. I also have a few Helmets - Nico Ros 2014 / Hamilton 2014 / Vettel Abu Dhabi Purple / Massa Brazil, Oh, and last of all, lyolik's rev-lights mod. I mostly play F12013 online in the UK, and recently I have been experiencing problems. When I get up close to another car on track it starts to jump/flicker around, and from the other drivers point of view I'M also jumping/flickering. Could this be due to having so many mods installed? Or perhaps a specific one? Or is it just typical connection/server issues? If anyone could shed any light it would be much appreciated, as it can ruin really good races. Thanks :)

(And any suggestions for better skins than I already have would be great :))
it sounds that you just have internet problems

It is possible to change the music in the game ?
as far as i know..

Nope
yep, i do agree with Benutzername. this is not F1 2010 when the game use .ogg for ingame music. or Assetto Corsa which use .wav :D
now (if i'm not mistaken) since 2011 they use packed .bnk format so we need to extract that first.
EDIT
bnk not bdl (bdl files are for engine sound) thanks to Park for correction :p

Last edited:
One could try the .bnk files from 2012 :p
I personally have just removed the music but am still looking for that weird wind (I guess) noise.
still wondering how to convert .bnk to recognizable audio files and convert them again to bnk ._. *let's googling*
yeah realise that when racing in Sepang at double straight in high speed, the car seems like fighting with huge blow of wind :cautious:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 253 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%