Modding Questions Thread

How do i convert file from F1 2013 into file that would be opened via Photoshop to edit the design and then put it back the same way so i can have helmet of my own?
Can anyone walk me through the process? How you do it, what do you do, step by step. I know there is not a lot, i just haven't tried yet. And if i do i might lose half a day on it while someone can put 3 steps like from where he gets the file with which Ryder he converts them and then to edit them etc etc.

I have spoken to several people so far now, not any real help and i am anxious to do something about it
1) You download Rader's PSSG Editor from HERE
2) You'll need Nvidia DDS plugin for Photoshop (HERE)
3) Download the helmet model, which I can't find the link for atm (you can use the 2012 model too if you find it)
4) Open PS (with the dds plugin already installed), and open a little texture in the layers tab (which I don't know the name of atm too)
5) Paint on the "layer - copy" layer
Tip-Look back at the 3D helmet model constantly to see your progress
6) When done painting, save the "little texture" as a dds file
7) Go to your Steam directory/SteamApps/common/F1 2013/characters/bespokehelmets (maybe I messed up the directory, I am on a vacation atm, I can't see it myself), and open file gen_01_high.pssg using the pssg editor. Import the dds file, and save. Do the same with gen_01_low.pssg
8) In your game, select helmet number 1 (though you won't see your helmet in the menu, but you will in the game)

I hope this helps a bit, atm I can't tell you much stuff, sorry :unsure:

Thanks for the quick reply Milos......I forgot to mention I want this for Career mode only 100% length races does this change anything or does your instruction (DB/ai_driver/wet_weather_ability just reduse all values by, let's say, 0.05) still apply?

Thanks for the quick reply Milos......I forgot to mention I want this for Career mode only 100% length races does this change anything or does your instruction (DB/ai_driver/wet_weather_ability just reduse all values by, let's say, 0.05) still apply?
I did 100% races too, it should be good :thumbsup:

1) You download Rader's PSSG Editor from HERE
2) You'll need Nvidia DDS plugin for Photoshop (HERE)
3) Download the helmet model, which I can't find the link for atm (you can use the 2012 model too if you find it)
4) Open PS (with the dds plugin already installed), and open a little texture in the layers tab (which I don't know the name of atm too)
5) Paint on the "layer - copy" layer
Tip-Look back at the 3D helmet model constantly to see your progress
6) When done painting, save the "little texture" as a dds file
7) Go to your Steam directory/SteamApps/common/F1 2013/characters/bespokehelmets (maybe I messed up the directory, I am on a vacation atm, I can't see it myself), and open file gen_01_high.pssg using the pssg editor. Import the dds file, and save. Do the same with gen_01_low.pssg
8) In your game, select helmet number 1 (though you won't see your helmet in the menu, but you will in the game)

I hope this helps a bit, atm I can't tell you much stuff, sorry :unsure:

Фала друже!!! :D (Thank you pal!!)

I changed the speed of the cars to be much faster.

Example: cars/fe2/track/melbourne.ctf, and the ai: cars/fe2/balanced/melbourne.ctf.

I added a gear and moved values, and I changed the value to 1.4 engine power scale (default 1)

In Melbourne, for example, I have gone from 303 km / h to 340 and to 360 in China, but the problem is I'm just going that fast. In very fast straight exceeded the ai: they did not use the eighth gear and all the power, I'm afraid.

What other values should change so that the ai be as fast as me? Could any change in the database, but which? Can anyone clarify me?

edit:

I modified the ia_track_difficulties.xml and speed values in and out of the database and now ai is as fast as I; but I can not always finish races because I run out of fuel (also in poor mixing). I have read that it is because I changed the engine power scale to 1.4 (default is 1), and consistent consume much more fuel. I tried to change the fuel's consumption back in the database, and also the ctf file: I put everything to 0.

Still, when loading a race that I have saved in the last laps, I keep running out of fuel before finish. (before loading, I went to setting and I changed the difficulty to keep it, and then I changed back again to reboot the legend use batadase). Does anyone know how I can change the fuel without changing the performance of the car?

Last edited:
I modified the ia_track_difficulties.xml and speed values in and out of the database and now ai is as fast as I; but I can not always finish races because I run out of fuel (also in poor mixing). I have read that it is because I changed the engine power scale to 1.4 (default is 1), and consistent consume much more fuel. I tried to change the fuel's consumption back in the database, and also the ctf file: I put everything to 0.

Still, when loading a race that I have saved in the last laps, I keep running out of fuel before finish. (before loading, I went to setting and I changed the difficulty to keep it, and then I changed back again to reboot the legend use batadase). Does anyone know how I can change the fuel without changing the performance of the car?

Hy

I also tried these changes like you, but if engine power scale is higher, the more fuel to consume.
Forme in China, i set 1,046 engine scale for ferrari, and set 8th gear 1.17 and that was enough for 330 km/h top speed (in real life, mercedes get around this value too on practice 2, soft tyres).
Maybe your fuel value changes are working, but you must start new race. Try a new race with it, and it might work :)
If no luck, i think you must go back for about 1.1 engine power scale. Try out more variations (it's a long time to go along whole races, but this is your best tool).
You can also play with final drive value, which is "how long" are your gears. If final drive is high, your gears are shorter -> top speed is lower, and vice versa: if too low, the engine will be weak for it, and can't reach the last gears, try it.

Hope this helps!

Hy

I also tried these changes like you, but if engine power scale is higher, the more fuel to consume.
Forme in China, i set 1,046 engine scale for ferrari, and set 8th gear 1.17 and that was enough for 330 km/h top speed (in real life, mercedes get around this value too on practice 2, soft tyres).
Maybe your fuel value changes are working, but you must start new race. Try a new race with it, and it might work :)
If no luck, i think you must go back for about 1.1 engine power scale. Try out more variations (it's a long time to go along whole races, but this is your best tool).
You can also play with final drive value, which is "how long" are your gears. If final drive is high, your gears are shorter -> top speed is lower, and vice versa: if too low, the engine will be weak for it, and can't reach the last gears, try it.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info, :thumbsup:. When I've put the eighth gear, I put 1.15, and also prove to the other gears to get more acceleration and speed. Once I made too short, and as you say, the engine could not and the eighth gear even sounded.

I also thought about starting a new career or race to test whether changes in fuel work. Rather not have to change the power (I like the exaggerated speed), I'm also using the classic v12 sound file from the game and I really do love how everything is :D; but if the fuel does not work, I'll have to play again with the values of the gears to get a similar speed without much engine power. Thanks for your tips.

Edited:

I think I succeeded. No need to touch the database to vary fuel consumption (it is best not to change anything in the database for fuel). I have only decreased fuel_scale_cruise and fuel_scale_fast in ctf file. I have not run even a full race, but in the standings with 3 (fastest) mixture I could run 4 full turns, and I have left (before, one did you stay out of fuel), so I think I have hit. :)

Last edited:
sombody maybe can me explaine how to change tyre-wear for AI drivers??

playing career and AI can drive with old tyres fast with somehow no tyre degredation :O

thanks in advance :)
Edit cars/**2/balanced, in every CTF file, increase the tyre wear
Please, does anyone know if there is a lower cockpit view Mod
from the original view just lower??
Thanks again for any information
There is, search the mod forum a bit

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 394 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 266 11.0%