Modding Questions Thread

How do i convert file from F1 2013 into file that would be opened via Photoshop to edit the design and then put it back the same way so i can have helmet of my own?
Can anyone walk me through the process? How you do it, what do you do, step by step. I know there is not a lot, i just haven't tried yet. And if i do i might lose half a day on it while someone can put 3 steps like from where he gets the file with which Ryder he converts them and then to edit them etc etc.

I have spoken to several people so far now, not any real help and i am anxious to do something about it

Hi !
I'm new here and on F1 games on PC, so I'm discovering the mods and I am completly lost (also due to english not being my native language).

All I want is to have a realistic game and good stuff that can improve the experience, which downloads should I get ? Is there some "indispensable" mods that I should get right away ?

Thanks in advance :)

• Deleted member 161052

I have Photoshop CC, but however, how do I render a skin from highlod.psd to:
  1. image?
  2. .dds file?

Hey all, there's a couple of things that are confusing me modding wise. I gave Williams Ferrari's CTF files, and when i tested it in GP mode they were very quick (the AI I mean), yet hey are only a little faster in career, and they never clear Q2. I gave McLaren Mercedes' CTF files and they are very fast in GP and career so im unsure as to why the same doesn't apply to Williams (I have also edited ai_driver stats, engine power per tier and team performance in the database)

Secondly is the phenomenal speed of Adrian Sutil :O_o:. I'm using Mr Pibbs 2014 mod so Sutil is who Hulkenberg used to be database wise. I have given him the same stats as Gutierrez but while Gut never clears Q1, Sutil usually lines up 10th and goes on to finish even higher in the race.

Anyway sorry for this bloated question(s) but does anybody have any ideas as to why this is happening. And if you've made it this far I'm sorry if the length of this question has made you insane ;) (I feel that i should also add I'm the second season of the career)

Last edited:
Hi' i really need help fort put mods in my game( i got a mac ) , when i try too put mods folder to replace de cars nothing works so i can't copy in my game please someone help me with this !!!

Hi

I've got two really short question, hope somebody can help me!
1. In cars ctf files, what means the "final_drive" value?
2. In database, at teams, what means the "prestige" value?

Thanks for the answers!

Hi

I've got two really short question, hope somebody can help me!
1. In cars ctf files, what means the "final_drive" value?
2. In database, at teams, what means the "prestige" value?

Thanks for the answers!
Dont know about q2
but Final _ drive means the ratio that keeps the gear values under single constraint
Its like single Ratio control for all 7 gear ratio values, The Higher Final drive value the longer gears values will be and vice versa

Jut went from Lotus to Merc and they teamed me up with Rosburg(1st driver), but I wanted Lewis as a team mate (I'm the 2nd driver). How do I change them in the database? If asked before I did'nt see sorry. Looked thru many pages so far.

Jut went from Lotus to Merc and they teamed me up with Rosburg(1st driver), but I wanted Lewis as a team mate (I'm the 2nd driver). How do I change them in the database? If asked before I did'nt see sorry. Looked thru many pages so far.
upload_2014-4-18_9-48-23.png

http://racedepartment.com/forum/threads/fictional-f1-2014-season.79517/page-27#post-1671762

the walls in the team garage will not change of course ;)

Last edited:
Hi, sorry i know i asked a similar question a couple of days ago but I'm really really curious to know why that despite giving Williams Ferrari's CTF files they never clear Q2. I've edited other stuff like the engine power per tier, virtual performance and ai_driver in the database but still no luck. I thought it might be because Williams was in a lower tier but i changed that as well. I'm in my second season now if that's relevant at all. Anybody have any ideas???

Hi, sorry i know i asked a similar question a couple of days ago but I'm really really curious to know why that despite giving Williams Ferrari's CTF files they never clear Q2. I've edited other stuff like the engine power per tier, virtual performance and ai_driver in the database but still no luck. I thought it might be because Williams was in a lower tier but i changed that as well. I'm in my second season now if that's relevant at all. Anybody have any ideas???
I think the 2nd season might be relevant. Try it in quick race mode

My only issue with this game now is the AI are slightly too quick in the wet, I want to reduce all their performances in the wet only by 5% say.......how do I adjust this please?

Also wanted to thank chargingcar, TTM75, supla007 and vlasovas for some EXCELLENT mods and everyone else for their feedback and support that has made these mods possible and the game more enjoyable. :thumbsup:

My only issue with this game now is the AI are slightly too quick in the wet, I want to reduce all their performances in the wet only by 5% say.......how do I adjust this please?

Also wanted to thank chargingcar, TTM75, supla007 and vlasovas for some EXCELLENT mods and everyone else for their feedback and support that has made these mods possible and the game more enjoyable. :thumbsup:
DB/ai_driver/wet_weather_ability just reduse all values by, let's say, 0.05

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back