Modding Questions Thread

Can someone explain what filters or corrections should I do in the alpha channel (me2_main_specocc.tga) so that in the game look like the colors in photoshop, I'm busy trying, but can not get it right:(, thanks in advance:)
Ok, I answered myself, solutions working, try and keep trying:thumbsup:
Screenshot10005.jpg

Hope this is the right place to ask-

im trying (unsuccessfully) to get the reflection of the McLaren to look "better" at Singapore... like it did in 2011, and even in 2010.

So far i have tried (with no success) the following:
-taking the old car material.xml file, and importing to 2012
-taking 2011's singapore track lighting files, and importing to 2012
-copying the entire 2011 folder to 2012

is this just how it has to be now? has anyone had any success in making the car look more realistic, and not the gunmetal look it has in F1-2012?

Could anyone help? When I move the car in the 3d scene potoshop changes the cursor, and passes to move the car well, moving the light above the scene. How I can do to reverse this and be able to move the car again right?

¿Alguien podría ayudarme? Cuando muevo el coche en la escena 3d en potoshop, se cambia el cursor, y pasa de moverse el coche bien, a moverse la luz superior de la escena. ¿Como puedo hacer para revertir esto y poder mover el coche de nuevo bien?

Does lowering the track difficulty value have an effect on braking point?

I know the pace changes obviously but what about braking?

I'm not sure about it, but i think its relative of the pace of the car, if goes slower, surely the car will brake later than an higher speed. If not, will be the same braking point

But lowering the difficulty mean the AI will be more slower on curve but not on strait line.

All of this still my opinion, i didnt test it

I really need your help to try to understand why i can't save 8192x8192 dds files in photoshop CS5 with yhe DDS Nvidia Plugin. Everytime i tryed, a message pop.up sayin that there+s a program error.
I can save in 2048x2048 and in 4096x4096 with no problems, but why i can´t do it in 2xHD???
The Nvidia DDS plugin settings are:
- DXT5 ARGB 8 bpp | interpolated alpha
- 2D Texture
- Generate MIP maps
What i´m doing wrong?

Can you please help me?
Thank you very much.

IcemanLFS

I'm trying to edit the database.bin to make the Legend AI just a tiny bit (around 0,5 seconds) slower by changing the values in track difficulty. The values for legend were set to 1 for all tracks, so by reducing it, the AI became a lot slower. They got so slow that I'm getting closer and closer to "1" again. Right now, I've set it to 9,99999 , and they are still too slow for my liking, and I'm seeing some weird AI behaviour (Alonso slowing down to a crawl without any visible damage, for example) Do you have any tips for other values (in stead of the track difficulty) in the database that I could try changing to get the AI's race pace just a little bit slower?

I'm thinking about a weird and may be funny project. A fantasy simulation race with F1 2012. My idea is to start from scratch like.

12 team ( fantasy ) with the same start budget. All team owner will decide where to put cash to develop performance on the car to be the winner at the end.

But for do that, i really need to know if we have a lot of tweak on a car in the game to modify the performance. Like aerodynamism, traction... etc.

If its possible to have a lot of tweak. I will may be start the project.

Also its the same for driver about talent....

Thank for the answer, more sooner its make, sooner i will take my decision

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back