Logitech G27 | Official Support Thread

Quote ' Released in 2006, Logitech’s G25 racing wheel has quickly earned a reputation for being the benchmark in terms of semi-professional steering wheels. Two and a half years after it’s introducion, hints on its successor are coming up.

Even though Logitech has yet to confirm to be working on the G27, the web is full of rumors and fake pictures, depicting what the new Logitech wheel will look like. Among all the guessing, there are some interesting facts on the G27 though:

1) Logitech has already assigned a parts number to the new wheel - 941-000045 A quick Google search returns plenty of hits on various online shops who already list the new item, including the name G27. Of course, none of these “dummy entries” have further information yet, they´re all listed for prices between 270 and 350 US dollars.

2) The G25 is currently available for very low prices. At its release in 2006, the wheel sold for $299, today it can be found as cheap as $139. That may just be due to the wheel’s age, it may be a sign of selling out the last stocked examples though.

3) Logitech is forced to react, the steering wheel market isn’t the same as it was in 2006. Fanatec is on a quick way to becoming a major competitor, offering a line of high quality steering wheels which are partly superior to the G25. Feature-rich products like the Clubsport Pedals will surely worry Logitech enough to work on a new flagship product.

There’s still zero information avaialble on the features of this new wheel, below is the newest picture that is supposed to show the G27. It includes new buttons and a LED rev-meter, chances are pretty high that it is another fake though. While nobody knows when the G27 is due, it is pretty much confirmed that it is indeed coming our way.'
http://www.virtualr.net/logitech-g27-around-the-corner/

I've just bought the G27, the Logitech Gaming Software doesn't recognise it (no devices found, latest software version). Games like F1 2012 or Assetto Corsa regocnise it without problem, but have no FFB. The Logitech Site is pretty useless, but maybe one of you can point me in the right direction.

- Windows 8.1 64Bit, all drivers updated
- during startup the wheel calibrates, lights work, etc
- in Control Panel\Devices and Printer the G27 is listed, shows no problems detected, and I can calibrate it

I've done alle the recommended steps during the installion process: check that it is connected US B 2.0 , unplucked all other USB 2/3.0 and wireless devices before installation:
- the Logitech Gaming Software installes, gives a note of succes, but after I click on Finish, the Software doesn't find any devices.
- did a lot of tries, including clean boot, changing US
B Ports

To be clear, the steering, accelerating and breaking work fine ( - clutch isn't recognised) i.e. AC, F1 2012. Race07, but I just can't get any FFB.

Is there a way to activate FFB on a G27 without the Logitech software?

As a lot of people are using it with simular configuratiuons I wonder what could be wrong? Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
any help on this problem?

G27 ffb got really weak like barely even on.

I am out of warranty so I found this guide online.

http://mikeschmeee.com/wordpress/?p=41
and this
http://jumpingspider.co.uk/logitech-g25-repair-method

took it apart carefully and checked on the encoder wheel found two small hairline lines but no crack, wheel was calibrating before I took it apart perfectly so I knew it wasn't the encoder.

however there was tons of carbon build up on the ffb motors so I cleaned them carefully and put it back together as the link above suggested.

now when I plug in the wheel I get click noise from the ffb motor and nothing else. won't calibrate or move nothing.

the main power light is flashing green constantly.

when plugged in everything else works, all the buttons on wheel, pedals, shifter all work.

But ffb motors don't want to start.

Now the tricky part was putting back the wheel on the hubs where it glides and I am wondering if I don't align the gears correctly is that the reason wheel wont start?

Or did I blow the ffb motor?

Upvote 0
Hi All,

I own a old G25 bought in 2010 year and very well functionning at this time.

But I encounter a small problem only with the Logitech Profiler Soft only about the Centering Spring FFB effect feature for Specific profil I set.

I wonder if I am the only one with this issue or if others are getting the same anomaly to be sure that is not related with my hardware or installation of the Logitech Profiler soft.

Concerning the Centering Spring FFB effect, if I don't check it (enable check box) into the Global settings, even I check it into Specific profil, this Centering Spring FFB is not applied for my Specific profil.

In a counter part, if I don't want a Centering Spring FFB effect in my Specific Profil then I uncheck (disable) the check box for this feature onto Specific Profil but if I have checked it onto Global settings with whatever amount of percentage slider value, this Centering Spring FFB effect is despite everything applied to my specific profil. That's I don't expect.

To resume this anomaly: If I want a Centering Spring FFB effect I must always check (enable) it into Global settings with whatever percentage slider value and no matter what I check it or not into Specific Profil.

I have already uninstalled/reinstalled many time the lgs510_x64 soft with french and English install version but I get no more luck. I have also reinstalled and recalibrated from scratch my G25. But nothing resolve this issue.

What is surprising is all the others FFB effects and percentage slider rotation Wheel are very good modified by the value onto Specific Profil I set up.

Does anyone get the same anomaly ?

Thanks you for your interest about that and could help me.
Sorry for my bad English.

Kind regards
Gerard

Upvote 0
I have question...

I need to disable/turn off Logitech G27 rotation on startap... is it possible?

is it posiible with any third party software?

I think the only one solution is to unplug your Wheel before startup. It doesn't exist any option into Profiler soft to deactivate the startup autocalibration of the Wheel neither in Windows controler stuff.
In other side I dont know any third party soft to get what you want.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, I was just playing F1 2013 and then my top right button on the main steering wheel suddenly jammed on. Whenever an action is assigned to that button, it automatically triggers it (which is especially annoying since I usually use the top right button to look right while driving) and I can't unjam it from the outside. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

(Top right red button as seen by this picture)

ed2e12a3f2b50b9995b9e98fe8a3f0dc.png

EDIT: Nevermind, the problem has fixed itself. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Serious problem, got a new G27 today, however DURING racing it decided to recalibrate itself twice. (The wheel going left and right like it is turned on)
Anybody knows what might cause this?

Edit: Just happend for the 3rd time

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Serious problem, got a new G27 today, however DURING racing it decided to recalibrate itself twice. (The wheel going left and right like it is turned on)
Anybody knows what might cause this?

Edit: Just happend for the 3rd time

Sounds like a bad connection somewhere. It's either a badly wired USB port or motherboard connection or... have you checked everything is plugged in securely underneath the G27 steering wheel?

Upvote 0
Never Run any wheel for a HUB ALWAYS plug directly into the MoBo.

Sennacher:- Win 8.1 is a waste of space IMHO it is and always was designed as a Media version of Win 7 for touch screens and Media displays, the suido Win 7 GUI was added as an afterthought and this is I believe why Win 8 gives many hardware issues and being 64 Bit isn't going to be helping the situation. Unfortunately Win 8 will not play nicely with many game controller's or software like the Logitech profiler, so try an earlier version in Win8 like the 5.08 Vers. Also how did you install the software? you sholud install the software and ONLY after this and when asked plug the Wheel in and the software should detect this and behave accordingly. I am not familiar with the layout of the directories in Win 8 but you might like to find the \Common Files\Logitech\WMDrivers directory and run the WMWizard there as this may clear and reset the Win 8 Logitech Profiler communications

Yes you can run the Wheel without the Profiler but you won't get anywhere near the same feel from Simulations because the Profiler directly interprets the signals from many games and Sims and this then driver the controller.

David :- You cannot bypass the Auto rotation on start-up as this is hard coded in the wheel hardware and is it's own calibration reset when starting, Unplug the Wheel and then reconnecting the USB, it will do it anyway.
What is the issue with allowing it to self calibrate which is what it is doing ?

Amir :- There are a set of Darlington transistors that supply the FFB motors power based on the signals that it receives from the PC and the Profiler software and these can fail which is what I suspect is your problem, To get the best from your wheel you MUST run the Logitech Profiler AND have it set-up correctly IMHO it the profiler was set and fixed when installed many racer's would be better off ! If you Power LED is flashing then your wheel is not calibrated and there is no communication with the controller board to drive the FFB, This could be because you reassembled in correctly or maybe the Power supply for your wheel has failed. Remember the Controller is run by USB and the FFB motors from the external power supply.

Isolate your FFB motors from the controller board and test them using a separate 12 V DC supply if the motor runs fine then the issue is elsewhere, If the Motors don't run or are weak then they may require you to source some new brushes for them, Auto electrician should have suitable brushes that can be trimmed to suit. If your controller board is unserviceable you may be able to get a replacement from Logitech OR buy a second hand donor Wheel for parts .

Gerade:-

Below are the screen shots of the Logitech software adjustments to assist with the settings if anyone needs. These settings I use in most Sims I run and they are particularly good in rFactor when used in conjunction with the Real Feel plugin.

A side note even if your wheel only has 270 to 360 Degrees of Rotation try setting the profiler to 900 as a start point and if needed drop this to the physical rotation of you Wheel, you might need to tune it a bit for a low Degree of Rotation Wheel like a Momo but them's the brakes I guess.

1profilerglobalselection.jpg

Global Settings Tab

2profilerglobalselection.jpg

NOTE above Do NOT Allow ANY game to change setting for your Global Base Settings this is VITAL!!

1profilerglobalselectionB.jpg

Create a profile for each specific Sim you use and Edit it

3Specificgamesettings.jpg

Note the Damper is essential for smoothing out vibration and ground feel.
It helps with Road feel and also in preventing overcompensation when sliding etc by providing some additional drag on the Wheel just as in your regular road going car. Settings outlined below.

4Specificgamesettings.jpg

Note above that the "Allow Game to Adjust setting" is checked ! why because some sims can access settings internally in the Profiler that we can't and is will also save these settings internally

Individual Settings for the Pedal and Steering Axis Below

Steering

5steeringwheelaxisprop.jpg

Throttle

accelerator.jpg

Brake

6brakeaxisprop.jpg

I have spent many hours arriving at these settings as a base and learning just how the settings are interacted upon by various Sims and the Profiler software.

Ricardo :- I would have been looking for a dry joint somewhere Potentially USB socket on the MoBo or other poor connections in your setup.

Also if it is a later model MoBo don't use USB 3 socket but opt for USB 1 or 2 and NEVER use a Hub or switch for game controller's always plub these directly into the MoBo. But as you found out swapping the USB port solved the issue which might mean that USB Socket on your PC has failed.

I do hope this helps poeple because if we dont all work together and help then how can we possibly advance our hobby of sim racing.

Upvote 0
I'm having a problem with my downshift paddle. It's not currently registering with the software at all. I don't have the H-shifter plugged in and I have the pedals plugged into a Bodnar cable, so the wheel is by itself. I've been working on mounting an SRW-S1 wheel onto the G27's wheel base. So when using either the SRW or the normal G27 wheel, when I pulled the downshift paddle nothing happens, both in game (F1 2011) and in the logitech profiler. I've had the wheel base opened up, but I've checked every screw and connection and they are all accounted for. The switch that pulling the paddle activates still clicks. The right up shift paddle works just fine. The SRW doesn't have its paddles or gas/brake levers so there aren't any conflicts there.

I'd appreciate any ideas.

Thanks
Good luck with that remember that rFactor and other's only support 2 controller's usually any additional inputs will be ignored.
Remove the paddle and micro switch from the wheel and check it's functioning as your Paddle Micro switch might have failed or the tiny little actuator is not being pushed in far enough and thus no switch signal.

Why are you using a Bodnar cable ?
IMHO get rid of the Bodnar cable and go by a DSD Pedal controller board which will allow a heaps of inputs and so on to be used and will likely even accept inputs from the SRW wheel. Once all mated up you will have only 2 controller's but much more functionality.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
G27 ordered and should arrive tomorrow :D

Justin properly set-up a G27 IS the BEST Value Wheel on the Market and IMHO is comparable to other's that are over 2 and 3 times the cost,
I have played with Frex and ECCI's and the like at a Sim expo and even if they were FREE I would NOT walk across the road to pick it up IMHO they are horridly overpriced.

Upvote 0
I was playing Assetto Corsa, then my wheel just lost ffb. so i exited the game, fully unplugged the wheel. Then I restarted my computer,
plugged the wheel in, and now there is no wheel calibration, in Logitech Gaming Profile I tested out the controls, the buttons on the wheel,
shifter and the paddles are recognized, everything works except for steering. I tried to re-install my drivers, tried multiple usb ports,
multiple power sockets. By the way, Ac adapter is functional. And one more thing, I noticed that before this problem occured, i could easily
rotate steering wheel when it was fully unplugged, and now it has the additional weight in the same state.

Would be great if someone could help.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
I was playing Assetto Corsa, then my wheel just lost ffb. so i exited the game, fully unplugged the wheel. Then I restarted my computer,
plugged the wheel in, and now there is no wheel calibration, in Logitech Gaming Profile I tested out the controls, the buttons on the wheel,
shifter and the paddles are recognized, everything works except for steering. I tried to re-install my drivers, tried multiple usb ports,
multiple power sockets. By the way, Ac adapter is functional. And one more thing, I noticed that before this problem occured, i could easily
rotate steering wheel when it was fully unplugged, and now it has the additional weight in the same state.

Would be great if someone could help.

Thanks.

Someone else may come along with more experience but check out this thread and see if anything here applies to you or helps.

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Logit...-responding-everything-else-works/td-p/419108

Upvote 0
If you wheel is not sending input to the PC but all other buttons etc are working I would suggest you disassemble the wheel base and check that the opto chopper (Black Plastic disc on the FFB Motor shaft ) that provides the signal for wheel rotation isn't damaged, sometimes the IR diode that forms part of this Opto chopper can fail and thus no signal or just have some fine fluff or dust blocking the signal. If this is fine there could be an issue with the control board and you will need to contact Logitech about that. I have had something similar happen but I unplugged the wheel and left it for 20 minutes or so, Plugged in the wheel and restarted the PC, all good, I assumed some sort of residual signal was the cause - it has not occured since. Oh when things like this occur removing and reinstalling driver's etc is not the answer - your config files are not overwritten when reinstalling and this can contribute further to the problem because of orphaned files or the reinitialisation picking up he original and possibly corrupt config file,

One of the most overlooked control too set in ANY simulation is FFB Reset, this is a MUST IMHO as many Games and Simulations sometimes loose their FFB when transitioning to Qualify or Race (Stuffed if I know why but they do) so set a button to reset your FFB in Game.

Hope this helps you out.

Upvote 0
Gerade:-

Below are the screen shots of the Logitech software adjustments to assist with the settings if anyone needs. These settings I use in most Sims I run and they are particularly good in rFactor when used in conjunction with the Real Feel plugin.

1profilerglobalselection.jpg

Global Settings Tab

2profilerglobalselection.jpg

NOTE above Do NOT Allow ANY game to change setting for your Global Base Settings this is VITAL!!

1profilerglobalselectionB.jpg

Create a profile for each specific Sim you use and Edit it

3Specificgamesettings.jpg

Note the Damper is essential for smoothing out vibration and ground feel.
It helps with Road feel and also in preventing overcompensation when sliding etc by providing some additional drag on the Wheel just as in your regular road going car. Settings outlined below.

4Specificgamesettings.jpg

Note above that the "Allow Game to Adjust setting" is checked ! why because some sims can access settings internally in the Profiler that we can't and is will also save these settings internally

I have spent many hours arriving at these settings as a base and learning just how the settings are interacted upon by various Sims and the Profiler software.

Hello dear Maurie King ;-)

What I'm trying to explain that is only about Centering Spring FFB effect...

This particular FFB effect 'Centering Spring FFB' is only take in charge by the Global device settings at the least by me.
i.e. if I set in Global device settings (check box enabled) with a amount of percentage slider value to 100% and then if I set in specific game settings profil (check box enabled) a lower percentage slider value to say's 30%, then ingame the 'Centering Spring FFB' effect give 100% FFB as if it was take in charge only by the Global device Settings and not altered/modified by the specific game settings profil ...

In another way if I don't check into Global device settings the enable box for the 'Centering Spring FFB', and I check only the enable box with a percentage value (whatever I set) into specific game settings profil then I don't get anymore the Centering Spring FFB ingame.

It is like the Centering Spring FFB was done only by the Global device Settings.

I already tryed to uninstall/reinstall the Logitech Profiler soft V5.10.127, again tryed to recalibrate my G25 but no more luck with this particular Centering Spring FFB.

Now I'm asking myself if I am the only one with this anomaly ?!

If you have the time could you try a test by disabling the check box 'Centering Spring FFB' into Global device settings and enabling this same check box with a slider value as i.e. 30% (or whatever you choose) into specific game settings profil and see if you get always this Centering Spring FFB ingame.
Then try enabling the check box into Global device settings with a percentage value to 100% and into specific game settings profil check box also enabled but with a lower value as 25/30% and see if your 100% are well altered/modified by the 25/30% of the specifics settings profil.

I'm curious what you will get with these setups.

What surprise me is all the others FFB effects are very well altered/modified by the specific game settings whatever it is set up into Global device settings

Thank very much to help us and your time consuming

Best regards
GERARD

Upvote 0
Hello dear Maurie King ;-)

What I'm trying to explain that is only about Centering Spring FFB effect...

Thank very much to help us and your time consuming

Best regards
GERARD

Gerade,

Well I didn't think I was being time consuming but that may be a language thing.

The centreing Spring effect if placed withing the Logitech profiler because there are some games that require it simply because their Physics and car models require it to actually give some centering. Centreing Spring effect IS and will continue to be a VERY misunderstood thing in modern Racing Sim's . Things that effect just how well this actually works are the actual suspension and the Physics properties that are attached within the Sim and more importantly the Car model and then how well the interacts with the Logitech software and ultimately the FFB Circuitry and the FFB motors.
Centreing Spring effect is and can be used to either bolster the rxisting feel provided by the Car in a given sim OR just allow the car model to control all the feedback as it should , this is why I set no spring effect which overrides the effect of the global ( remember the Global is ONLY used by sim's that do NOT have a specific profile made.

Now you say you uninstalled the Logitech Profiler software BUT did you completely remove ALL entries within the registry AND hidden deep within the Windows System32 folder's

1. Disconnected all Logitech gaming devices.
2. Uninstalled all Logitech software (Gaming Software and SetPoint).
3. Removed folders C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Logitech, C:\Program Files\Logitech, C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech
4. Removed file C:\Windows\system32\WmJoyFrc.dll
5. Removed files WmBEnum.sys, WmFilter.sys, WmHidLo.sys, WmVirHid.sys, WmXlCore.sys from C:\Windows\system32\drivers (I removed Logitech mouse drivers too).
6. Removed oem*.inf and oem*.PNF from C:\Windows\inf that refers to Logitech drivers.
7. Executed regedt32.exe and deleted all keys, that refers to Logitech devices or software except drivers under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\*ControlSet*\Enum keys. Warning! You may found the word "logitech" in the key, that refers not only to Logitech software. In my case I found only one such key.
8. Removed all Logitech drivers as described at http://www.petri.co.il/removing-old-drivers-from-vista-and-windows7.htm
9. Rebooted the computer.
10. Installed Logitech Gaming Software 5.08 (connected all gaming devices at prompt during installation).
11. Rebooted the computer.
12. Installed Logitech SetPoint.
I hope this contributes to you solving your issue as I understand it.

Maurie

Upvote 0
Hello Maurie ;-)
"time consuming" oh yes I have a bad English sorry for that... I means you spend a lot of your time by helping us and this very great from you. I thank you for that.

Related to Centering Spring FFB, I need it for Euro Truck Simulator 2 and OMSI 2 (Omnibus Simultor 2) anymore for R3E neither also for Race 07.

As I own a lot of Logitech hardware (Keyboard G19, mouse G500s, game pad F510 and my G25 Wheel), I'm going to try the process you described to remove all these Logitech stuff from my system and see if I can fix my anomaly but I wished to know if anyone get this same anomaly before proceding to remove all the Logitech stuff from my PC system. I'm worry to do something bad.

I keep you informed what the result will.

Thank you for taking care of my little problem.

To soon
Best regards
GERARD

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 237 10.6%