Kart Racing Pro

Kart Racing Pro by PiBoSo is out. Download the game/demo: click here

Minimum requirements:
Operating System: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7, 32 or 64 bits
Processor: 1.5 GHz
RAM: 512 MB
Video Card: 64 MB OpenGL 1.2.1-compliant
DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 or newer libraries

By unbalanced you mean that you don't hear remote karts when they are driving on your left? If you are talking about your kart engine... it's almost directly below your right ear so i think it should be much louder in right speaker.

Some time ago piboso said that for sound problems reinstall of OpenAl or sound card drivers should help.
thread from previous beta: http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=1619.msg12682#msg12682
OpenAl download: http://connect.creativelabs.com/openal/Downloads/oalinst.zip

I played online with 2 random racers, and it was smooth enough - but the overall experience was frustrating.

We sucked at staging for the start & had several jumped starts + my settings did not allow me to keep kart running w/ out stalling it while waiting for the lights to change & by the time I figured out the settings & the specific box I needed to un-check we were all kind of bored with just running laps...

We did finally get to start a race but at some point one of us got dropped or quit and then I crashed and the other guy just waited for me to catch up and race and then he crashed and I waited and it was just frustrating...

How are the Karts in PROJECT CARS?

It's one man team doing at least 3 different sims at the same time. And as far as I've understood he makes all this mostly out of passion. In official KRP forum there's posts from piboso about his attensions to fix online play etc. But it all gonna take its time. So basically it's that good old 'it's done when it's done'.

I'm mainly just hotlapping and making setups atm, but haviing good fun with that too. I believe there's new version, beta 8, goming soon.

I enjoy the sim. Lots of tracks coming from the community. The net code isn't great I've heard, over 4 karts and it's slideshow city. Hopefully that gets optimized in these later builds. But otherwise it's a great drive... better then any of the rFactor kart mods I've tried.

Lots of tracks coming from the community..

That's true. I just wish they wouldn't hurry those tracks like they do now. Allmost all tracks looks unfinished and lacking small details that makes tracks alive. I don't mean to sound unthankful, but after seeing, and racing, dozens (if not hundreds) of custom tracks my expectations are quite high. Of course there's couple of true gems too in KRP.

But great sim indeed and beta8 is coming at the beginning of March, according to Piboso.

Changelog so far:
Changelog so far:
fix: tyres deformation bug
fix: dynamic track surface corruption
fix: steer ratio setup
fix: steer geometry simulation
fix: possibility to choose texture quality and new texture compression
fix: performance optimizations
fix: master server disconnection
fix: extended track checksum
fix: sounds during replay "live"
fix: skid and water wakes not generated on some materials
fix: possibility to set client port
fix: LAN search on 4 ports
fix: possibility to disable polls
fix: chat color
fix: tyre wear restored after a reconnection
fix: on track results gap
fix: pit status
fix: live timing "event" message
new: automatic clutch aid
new: output plugins draw
new: rain occluders
new: pause / resume dedicated server event

Yes some of the community tracks are rushed. But there are lots that are very good quality, be it originals or rFactor conversions.

Beta 8 now out... but unfortunately it has temporary broken some of the custom (3rd-party) tracks. Hopefully be resolved soon. The new track is nice, and will keep me entertained for a bit, until they have this temporary issue fixed.

EDIT: Got a fix directly from PiBoSo (as a tester)... should be released to everyone ASAP. Happy to have my favorite custom tracks back.

I really like this sim but my few attempts at playing online nearly always ended with disqualification within the first lap. Offline practice is great though and it's much easier to get your head around the setup of the kart because there's not so many settings. Haven't played it in a while though, moved onto NetKar Pro and rFactor since but I hope it keeps improving because underneath the problems it's a good sim.

As far as plans go 1.0 version of KRP should be out before end of this year (developer mentioned it on forums). But i agree that this beta didn't quite meet expectations. It's unbelievable how unstable it is for me. Sometimes I have problems connecting to server with 2 other drivers.
I'm reading piboso forum but it's hard to say know where exactly development is going. Some time ago it was simulation aspect but there is a bit of irritation in community so probably next version will concentrate on bug fixes. But there is bright side! From what i heard from people hosting games number of servers crashes is considerably reduced in this beta. Also bandwidth usage improved.
Anyway at least till next beta probably hotlaping is only viable option.

Kart Racing Pro beta9 - 2013/6/8
Kart Racing Pro beta9 released.

Changelog:
fix: max ping warning
fix: Zuera yellow line
new: blacklist
new: Mini 60 kart
new: additional layout objects
new: output plugins track centerline

you can download it HERE

Latest News

How long have you been simracing