Just installed Race 07

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Roger Snead, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Roger Snead

Roger Snead Licensed

Hi to all,:)
    I just installed Race07(Offline for now) that I bought used from Amazon for under $15 delivered. I think it was cheaper on Steam, but was a bit confused. Anyway, I am new to PC sims and am a PC noob, as you will see.
    Just like when I first installed RBR/RSRBR last week (W7 64bit) DX11 I had to keep the disc in the tray to launch sim. But after a couple of times playing, I was able to remove disc and launch and play. I don't remember if it was some setting I changed in the RBR.ini file that did it, or what.:confused: I have never had to put the disc back in yet.

However, with race 07, I am getting a pop up window saying I need to put the disk in. Can someone please tell me in simple noob terms how I can launch Race 07 w/o disk running.

If there is something else you think a newbie to this sim should know please advise. I am sure I will have more Q's as I progress.....or degress:rolleyes: Thank you!
  2. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu Off Topic Moderator Licensed

Unless you install the Online version through Steam, you'll be required to run the disk. I too at the start installed offline and had to insert disc everytime i wanted to play.
  3. Roger Snead

Roger Snead Licensed

Ok, It says that I can install both versions of the game Offline and online. So I will just repeat the install and check the Online box. It is a used copy, so will"Steam Register Code" I have inside the box still work for me, if the previous owner(s) have used that code through Steam also? Thank you.
  4. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu Off Topic Moderator Licensed

I'm pretty sure that code is a one time use only but i could be wrong. If it is a one time use only, lets just hope that it has never been used.
  5. Ron Leeflang

Ron Leeflang Licensed

Make a ISO file of your Race07 disc, open the iso file white Mdeamon tools, problem solved.
  6. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld Not the Mama! Staff Premium

You bought a used version of RACE 07 on Amazon? As the game works via steam it means the first owner still has all the access to your game now as the game is not allowed to be sold second handed.
    Secondly you can buy RACE 07 for five euros on steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/8600/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Ian Strom

Ian Strom Premium Licensed

8. Andreas Scholz

Andreas Scholz (The 4th-most famous race driver from Kerpen) Premium Licensed

I have a RaceOn key to give away for 3,15 Euros (Race On, STCC 1, Race 07 included)!
    Giving them away for zero starts being too expensive.
    Sorry I didnt't see this earlier!
  9. Adam Sawyer

Adam Sawyer Licensed

Lol if your "giving it away foot €3" surely that's not giving it away ;):)
  10. Andreas Scholz

Andreas Scholz (The 4th-most famous race driver from Kerpen) Premium Licensed

Very sorry for my daylight robbery, as I must buy them for 3,15 to help you!