iRacing FFB

Blkout from what i understand Iracing is the game that really makes use of the ffb thats why you have to change the strength depending on what car you drive so your wheel can make the most of it, other games you say you dont have to change it its because they use the same ffb no matter what car you use remember you change the ffb only because of your wheels limitations (not just ur wheel everyones wheels so to speak) .

Daniel, that's not entirely true though. If you play Assetto Corsa for example, you can leave your FFB setting on whatever you prefer, lets say 50%. You can drive the Fiat 500 Abarth and then drive the KTM Xbow and they will feel totally different. Thats because Kunos has already determined what the vehicle should feel like for you based on car data, their physics engine and their knowledge of how each car should feel. IRacing says we'll leave it up to you to make the car feel how you want. You want that Miata to steer like a high downforce Dallara, ok just increase the FFB until it feels exactly the same, oh and since you've never driven a Miata you can guess how its supposed to feel, thats the iRacing approach.

No thats not right is it,why bother modeling car data if they aint gonna use it when i drive different cars in iracing they seem different the only thing i have had to do is lower the strength of the ffb when driving some cars some of them have very high ffb and my wheel cant handle it at the higher ffb and causes it to clip so i drop it a few notches but when i jump in different cars they feel different i dont change the ffb to make it so they feel the same just so that my wheel doesnt clip and i get the full range of ffb instead of it just firing off at 100% l am by no means an expert in this and just thought and felt like thats what was happening. I no you dont hate Iracing and i have Assetto Course to and think both games are great

The only real argument I have is that I prefer the way AC does their FFB compared to iRacing. I understand some people prefer the way iRacing chooses to use their FFB options, I just don't like that method as much but I've come to live with it since using the custom controls option. It took me a while to adjust the FFB for each vehicle and save my settings because I own all of the road cars in the game but now that they're adjusted to their maximum without clipping, I don't hate it as much. I was really annoyed before finding the custom control setting because I was having to adjust each car every time I drove a different car.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%