How to switch from Simbin to Altbierbude lobby

Here is some instructions for how to switch lobby in GT Legends. I suggest trying the instructions for Digital version first, as this one has been tested and works both for Digital and DVD version

New digital version of GT Legends
Switch from Simbin to Altbierbude:
  1. Write down your current Username and Password for the Simbin lobby for future reference. If you don't remember it you can find it in Userdata\"Name"\Name.PLR (just search for password in the file)
  2. Move the "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt" away from the main GTL directory and keep it somewhere safe. Also move backup files of LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt if you have any.
  3. Launch GTL
  4. Go to Multiplayer->Internet and click Register. Select a different Username and Password than your old one. Click the arrow (not login button) to register. If you don't get "Registration Successful" at first, try a few different usernames/passwords.
  5. When you have registered successfully, you will be taken to the login screen. It will still show your old Simbin Username so you first have to replace it with your new Username and Password. If you login successfully you should then log into the Altbierbude lobby.
  6. If it didn't work, try to register with a new username
Switching back to Simbin:
  1. Move the file "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt" back to the GTL main directory
  2. Launch GTL
  3. Go to Multiplayer->Internet and login with your old Simbin Username and Password
Alternative instructions for DVD version of GT Legends
  1. Write down your current Username and Password for the Simbin lobby for future reference. If you don't remember it you can find it in Userdata\"Name"\Name.PLR (just search for password in the file)
  2. Make a backup of "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt" located in your main GTL directory. If the file doesn't exist, create it.
  3. In the "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt" delete the old content and write 94.23.231.41
  4. Launch GTL
  5. Go to Multiplayer->Internet and click Register. Select a different Username and Password than your old one. Click the arrow (not login button) to register. If you don't get "Registration Successful" at first, try a few different usernames/passwords.
  6. When you have registered successfully, you will be taken to the login screen. It will still show your old Simbin Username so you first have to replace it with your new Username and Password. If you login successfully you should then log into the Altbierbude lobby.
  7. If it didn't work, try to register with a new username
  1. Open the file "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt" located in the GTL main directory. Delete the old content and write gtlsrv.race-game.com
  2. Launch GTL
  3. Go to Multiplayer->Internet and login with your old Simbin Username and Password

i can enter Altbierbude lobby but i see 5-6 servers with Anglesey and no matter witch one i press it says that i do not have the track, should i have all tracks?i only have first 2
It's a known "feature" of GTL. If you don't have the tracks that the servers are running, they will show a name of a different track you do have.

Anyway, if there is no RD server, you're in the wrong lobby.

I'm at work and just came across this thread. GTL would not let me into the default multiplayer lobby with various UN & PW combos. Not until I input the key code as PW with diff UN was U let in. Maybe the issue was the UN. Hopefully. Was wondering how the aforementioned steps would work if CD key is used as PW and if it's randomly generated. Hope my plea makes sense. Will try this eve.

Here is some instructions for how to switch lobby in GT Legends. I suggest trying the instructions for Digital version first, as this one has been tested and works both for Digital and DVD version

New digital version of GT Legends
  2. Move the "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt" away from the main GTL directory and keep it somewhere safe. Also move backup files of LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt if you have any.
  3. Launch GTL
  4. Go to Multiplayer->Internet and click Register. Select a different Username and Password than your old one. Click the arrow (not login button) to register. If you don't get "Registration Successful" at first, try a few different usernames/passwords.
  5. When you have registered successfully, you will be taken to the login screen. It will still show your old Simbin Username so you first have to replace it with your new Username and Password. If you login successfully you should then log into the Altbierbude lobby.
  6. If it didn't work, try to register with a new username
  1. Move the file "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt" back to the GTL main directory
  2. Launch GTL
Alternative instructions for DVD version of GT Legends
  2. Make a backup of "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt" located in your main GTL directory. If the file doesn't exist, create it.
  3. In the "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt" delete the old content and write 94.23.231.41
  4. Launch GTL
  5. Go to Multiplayer->Internet and click Register. Select a different Username and Password than your old one. Click the arrow (not login button) to register. If you don't get "Registration Successful" at first, try a few different usernames/passwords.
  6. When you have registered successfully, you will be taken to the login screen. It will still show your old Simbin Username so you first have to replace it with your new Username and Password. If you login successfully you should then log into the Altbierbude lobby.
  7. If it didn't work, try to register with a new username
  1. Open the file "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt" located in the GTL main directory. Delete the old content and write gtlsrv.race-game.com
  2. Launch GTL
Thanks Knut. Worked for me on Win7 digital copy. Thanks dude.

I didn't want to start a whole new thread so i will just ask here. Seeing that there is no more GTL races here i was wondering if any of you guys are racing at someplace else on the days when not racing with HistorX?

If so, i wouldn't mind knowing where because i would still like to get some racing in with GTL when i have time :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 267 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 176 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 178 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 132 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 235 13.5%