How many monitors do you use to race?

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Polly time!

We are discussing an interesting issue in the Assetto Corsa forums about triple screens. This raised the question what average RD members use so please take a second to vote on the poll :)

As im following the forum about 3 screens,i have to say that im an enthusiast too and i want to buy 3 screens in the future but i cant now cause of money.Definatly in the future ill go for 3 and also thinking in general "updating" my sim hardware so i can enjoy more sim racing.:)

But i have 1 screen so i voted for 1.:mad:

Edit:i felt that i had to edit this post,i should be gratefull that i have at least one when others dont have at least that,sry :unsure:

Upvote 0
Polly time!

We are discussing an interesting issue in the Assetto Corsa forums about triple screens. This raised the question what average RD members use so please take a second to vote on the poll :)

I'd prefer to see "Use a console" in place of "Television" for the reason that our discussion in the AC thread is one limited to PC sim racing. However, those picking the TV as an option should be excluded from the results to show a clearer picture (I love a found pun!) of PC sim racing participants.

Upvote 0
This poll has been made available in the "Sim Racing Hardware" section. Therefore it should be clear that it is aimed at the Sim Racing community and to their hardware, not to the usual console user. Of course, console gamers are eligible to get their vote heard, no doubt about that. But one shouldn't forget that PC's can be connected to TV's too and in fact people do that, even sim-racing enthusiasts. The chance to have a console user putting his vote here vs. a sim-racing enthusiast, who is using a PC with TV, is marginal and therefore would justify option 5. On the other hand, excluding option 5 (What is a monitor? I use a TV!) would distort the poll results to a larger extend than keeping option 5 in.

Also, one should not forget to question the accuracy of statements. I even doubt that this is going to be a representative survey/poll.

By the way, I voted for option one. Although I am a sim-racing enthusiast, I only use one monitor and stay away from all the special extras. I do not believe that there is any racing-sim on the PC market until today which would justify buying into extra hardware (a steering wheel excluded).

Upvote 0
I'd prefer to see "Use a console" in place of "Television" for the reason that our discussion in the AC thread is one limited to PC sim racing. However, those picking the TV as an option should be excluded from the results to show a clearer picture (I love a found pun!) of PC sim racing participants.
How about those using 3 TVs, I'm sure you want those counted as using monitors? :p
I see your point on console users, but there are PC sim racers who use TVs instead of monitors.

Upvote 0
How about those using 3 TVs, I'm sure you want those counted as using monitors? :p
I see your point on console users, but there are PC sim racers who use TVs instead of monitors.

I use a TV these days too as its my largest available display. True monitors with nice low refresh rates and high contrast ratios are nice but not everyone has the means or the option of having several displays dedicated to their various AV outputs.

For the purpose of the vote I counted my TV as 1 monitor since that's the relevant function being discussed.

Upvote 0
One on each setup.

32 inch LCD tv for my rig setup
23.5 LED monitor for my desk setup

I've tried my 50 inch plasma in the living room but i feel it is too big. After about thirty minutes my stomach starts to feel weird.

Upvote 0
I am debating on what I should get....

Two more 21.5" monitors that will only run at 60Hz at 1920 x 1080 or go for one 23" 3D monitor that will run at 120Hz at 1920 x 1080.

The idea of running eyefinity with three way screens interests me, as im only running a single monitor at the moment (which is a waste with my 6990).
But...
Running a monitor in 3D at 120Hz interests me too (I used to have a massive 20" Sony CRT, many years ago) an that ran at 120Hz and made GP4, Colin McRae and Day of Defeat look amazing.

Unfortunatly at the moment there isnt a "cat in hells chance" I would be able to go for three 3D monitors.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing