Help wanted

Hi,
I am a total newbie in this and I would like to have some guidence.... I caught interest in this guite old racing sim as I have an interest in Volvo P1800 and found that there was a mod for this car. I got the sim via Steam, installed it and liked the demo. But how do I get further? How to install the P1800-files (which I found)? Anyone here who can spare some time explaining things for an old man :)?

Hello mate,
also a big lover of the Volvop1800
still looks cool today if you ask me.

The mod i have comes in a rar file that needs to be unpacked
i always unpack to my desktop and there you will see a GameData folder
you need to cut and paste this folder into the main game folder of GTL were the GTL application sits, find a clear space and press paste
see picture below click on picture to expand
112.jpg

It will now install to your game
this si how to install a car into the game
you will find with some mods they come in different folders all you have to do is click through the game data folder to find the right folder to drop it in. but most come in a GameData folder so this is easy to do

Once you are in the game you then have to click through the game to get to this screen
GTL 2014-02-28 13-56-39-42.jpg
and select the lotus elite and any other car or class you want to have also
it is important you select the lotus or the car will not show up when you go to the next screen
GTL 2014-02-28 14-01-37-98.jpg
you select the car you want , buy it and go to track and drive

have fun enjoy

any problems give me a shout im sure we can help you out..

Last edited:
If you don't have enough money to but a car you can use a cheat to help you
Click me
you need to unpack and paste it in the main folder of gtl just like before
you then need to make a new user profile and then you have lots of money to buy all the cars and all the tracks are unlocked.
we all use this as it takes to long to drive through the game to unlock it
we have a great help section found HERE

same again just shout if you need help with anything :)
There are lots of guys in this section that love to help out a fellow driver

Thanks a lot Rupe! Yes I love the P1800 and I am the responsible for the swedish homepage for this car I have actually driven my own P1800 66 at Nürburgring some years ago and it would be a thrill to do it again even if it is at my computer.
I will check your advise after the weekend but did you have a proper mod? Would it be possible for me to download?
Have a nice weekend!

I will check your advise after the weekend but did you have a proper mod? Would it be possible for me to download?

If I could chime in here and maybe help.
I'm not sure which Mod you are referring to, but the last time we raced the P1800 here, this is the one we used:

http://downloads.gamers-crib.com/Sim Racing/GTL/Cars/GTL_p1800.zip

Looking at your original post, I'm not sure if you may only have the demo version of GTL. :unsure:
If so, I'm pretty sure you would need the full version of GTL to use the mod.
It's available at very reasonable prices and would give endless possibilities for enjoyment in a huge number of Classic cars (including the Volvo :thumbsup:) .

Hi guys,
This was not quite easy! I couldn't imagine that this racing game was so complex! However, I have succeded to import the P1800 mod and have now driven some of the tracks in the game. It was really hard to do that via the keyboard so I bought myself a Thrust GXT 27 steering wheel. It works like a charm.

I couldn't figure out how to use the cheat to get more money but I will do with the P1800 for now. Is there any way to open other tracks like Nürburgring, the large track?
I think I have lots to learn here - not only to handle the car without getting smashed in the rear for driving too slow.....

Hi @Ulfert glad you're enjoying GTL :). To use the cheat, copy the file into the main GTL folder. Start the game and create a new profile, then you'll have loads of money ;):thumbsup:

Not sure about the album though

What kind of data do you want? I have been to the historic racing event in Nurburg Ring some years ago with my friend Michael Hoffstedt who owns a 66 P1800 and is racing there every year. I also have run the open circuit in my own P1800 and that was a real thrill!

I made this car few years ago and I remember I haven't managed to find enough picture to build some cars. I need picture on every side specific stickers, and the cockpit, the dash and the doors inside.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back