GTC76 - Porsche 911 setups

Discussion in 'GTL Setups' started by Theo de Bruin, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Theo de Bruin

Theo de Bruin Licensed

2. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes Premium Licensed

This is my Porsche 911 setup so far. I'm very new to GTL so I have no idea if it's any good.

Probably not much help to Theo since it's the wrong Porsche.

EDIT: Updated my setup file after some more practice. Best time so far is 1.55.7, not great but ok for me. :)

Attached Files:

3. Theo de Bruin

Theo de Bruin Licensed

I'm still hoping some of the 906 drivers are willing to share their setups! :D I could post mine but I am sure it won't be of much use to anyone lol!
  4. Simon Bacon

Simon Bacon Premium Licensed

5. Simon Bacon

6. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep Licensed

Thanks Simon gonna try this one did a 1.48.522 so far must be faster..

Hans
  7. Simon Bacon

Certainly more, did a 1.46.3xx tonight.
  8. Warren Dawes

lol Simon, the tables will be turned this time for us. I am flat out getting the 914 around in under 1.50. Best after first try is 1.49.5 :ballchain:
  9. Simon Bacon

Don't worry Warren, for every one good lap you have 5 shockers in the 911, if you're lucky you'll remain pointing in the right direction:D
  10. Warren Dawes

Actually after my first practice run, I was having trouble keeping the 914 pointed the right way. :redface:
    These Porsches are difficult to drive on the edge. The handling seems great until you reach the limit and then she starts to spin and I can't correct it. I guess it is due to the rear engine and weight towards the tail.
  11. Simon Bacon

After the Cortina, which is fun to throw about, it seems I have to 'under drive' the Porsche to get a decent lap. I found going into a corner slower and concentrating on holding a decent line = a faster lap rather than throwing it in and then looking to power out again. Although tricky and demanding the 911 is really good fun to drive. 'Slower is definately faster.':)
  12. Ben Tusting

Ben Tusting Licensed

Waren me and you are gonner be back markers im thinking we should change car :)
    I did a 1:47 but capable of a 1:46
  13. well here's my setup, i brake the 1:45 with it. and i hope the replay is about that lap...imnot sure and no time to check it now :)

Attached Files:

14. Sam J Simpson

Sam J Simpson Licensed

I've just been on server with an RSR Widebody, stuck the setup, called RSR Sam, I was using in online folder, 1:44:3 lap on fuel load in set.

Sam
  15. Sam J Simpson

Sam J Simpson Licensed

RDHGP '76, Porsche RSR baseline

long geared, was set on '88 Ricard, but should be OK with gearing/fuel changes for most places.

Sam

Setup updated post test event.

Attached Files:

16. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan Licensed

Porsche 911 RSR @ Watkins Glen

Absolutely planted and very fast

Attached Files:

17. Sam J Simpson

Sam J Simpson Licensed

911 RSR: Ost70

very light on fuel

Sam

Attached Files:

18. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson Licensed

GTC76 - Porsche 911RSR setups

Please mark setups as 9411RSR (default car) or 911S (mod car)
  19. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson Licensed

20. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson Licensed

911 RSR setup

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1